PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's thoughts on Wii Sports 2 rumour

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 04:58
news via aussie-nintendo (http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=9116)

In response to recent rumours surrounding a sequel to Wii's bundled-in game, Wii Sports, Nintendo have issued a typically vague statement confirming nothing, but not ruling it out, either.

A Nintendo representative said regarding the rumour, “[It is] pure rumour and speculation. We’re really pleased with the reaction to Wii Sports - from people completely new to gaming to the hardcore fans everyone has taken to it straight away. It might just be the most popular game this Christmas...”

Wii Sports has had nothing short of phenomenonal success around the globe, and it's clearly in Nintendo's interests to grow the franchise. Thanks to the explosively positive response to the title, a sequel seems inevitable.

VampDude
December 24th, 2006, 05:34
Playing Wii Sports too much hurts my wrist, but WiiSpots rules. A sequel would be cool, but it's too early for a sequel thou. I would like to see a few more events to participate in on a sequel, such as Swimming Running Darts DodgeBall VolleyBall WeightLifting and a few other sporting events. That would be cool! :D

Ryupowerup
December 24th, 2006, 13:34
online gameplay

thefanaticgamer
December 26th, 2006, 00:30
wow this is old news... i already reserved this game for $50 it comes with a free controller...

nebulator
December 26th, 2006, 13:26
wow this is old news... i already reserved this game for $50 it comes with a free controller...
That's wii play, retard.

curt_grymala
December 26th, 2006, 13:52
Well, he's not really being retarded.

Wii Play is being billed as sort of a Wii Sports 2, but it's not called by that name.

Obivously, even if Nintendo doesn't officially develop a "Wii Sports 2", they are going to continue that style of gameplay and graphics for the Wii, and possibly beyond.

VampDude
December 30th, 2006, 11:56

That's wii play, retard.

Well, he's not really being retarded.

Wii Play is being billed as sort of a Wii Sports 2, but it's not called by that name.

Obivously, even if Nintendo doesn't officially develop a "Wii Sports 2", they are going to continue that style of gameplay and graphics for the Wii, and possibly beyond.

lmao, Wii Play is'nt Wii Sports thou!