PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware v3.02 OE-B Will Run ANY PSX Games

wraggster
December 24th, 2006, 22:59
http://www.youtube.com/v/aEvxGiPq_VE

Check out the movie above and give thanks to Dark Alex who has investigated the Sony PSone Emulator and found an Emulator hidden inside an iso which is in itself hidden in an eboot.pbp

what this should mean hopefully is that any PSX Game should work this way.

The Video is all your gonna get at the mo, More news if and when a release happens :)

Awesome news Dark ALex ;)

cartmandude14
December 24th, 2006, 23:02
I cannot wait... this will be one sweet christmas present :) :)

mikebeaver
December 24th, 2006, 23:04
Been lookin at this and I still cant quite believe it, amazing work Dark_Alex, thanks for all your hard work.

Harshboy
December 24th, 2006, 23:04
So this means any PSX iso will run (Even your own backups?) Either way, this is awsome:D Nice discovery:thumbup:

scarph
December 24th, 2006, 23:05
holy jesus holy jesus holy jesus

merry santa christmas ahhh

wraggster
December 24th, 2006, 23:06
sony are getting their butts firmly kicked by Homebrew and Hacking scene

Gizmo356
December 24th, 2006, 23:08
Hell yes take that sony and forget your online store lol.

Vairn
haha, coolnes. So they arn't ports then. ;).

ExcruciationX
Sony PWNED again! :D

AvengedSevenfold Fan
......astonished.....i think ppl should donate to dark alex

irishwhip
LOL sony security fails so hard

turtleguy101
so if he has found THE emulator, why doesnt he just mod it and make it like a homebrew emulator from the game menu?

Gene
December 24th, 2006, 23:10
HOLY GOD!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dark_Alex Is my savior!

this is HUGE NEWS!!

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 23:11
would it be possible to extract the emulator and then port the code or just leave it as it is to run it on a 1.5 psp. That would be interesting if that were possible....

kiore
December 24th, 2006, 23:13
do you guys stop for xmas ? I cant keep up, lol

Gene
December 24th, 2006, 23:13
would it be possible to extract the emulator and then port the code or just leave it as it is to run it on a 1.5 psp. That would be interesting if that were possible....

thad be sex. illegal sex, but nonetheless, sex.

joshisposer
December 24th, 2006, 23:14
I don't think it would work on 1.5. This is just amazing though. I mean, freakin, like a week after cfw, and it's cracked. Hellz Yeah. I don't think it would work on 1.5 because 3.00+ probably has a certain codec that reads the emulator. Thank holy saint nicholas for the great hackers and crackers in this world. Sony is going down as their psp rises up. I can't wait for this release, however they manage to release it. Any approximate release date or something? This is just amazingnessicity.

DarthPaul
December 24th, 2006, 23:19
wtf Dark_Alex!!:O you are the man!!! omg!!! i cant believe it!! is this a dream!!!?? OMG!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! play any iso???

Tetris999
December 24th, 2006, 23:20
OMFG WOOT i cannot wait for this omg THIS IS SO FREAKIN AWSOMMMMMMEEEE!

Napalm-Death
December 24th, 2006, 23:22
Holy ****ing shit, this year is ending with a huge bang!

mavsman4457
December 24th, 2006, 23:23
This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen for the homebrew scene ever. This is awesome news. I want to donate to Dark Alex for all of the great work that he has given the homebrew scene and thank him for not giving up on the scene. As soon as I get my PSP back from new york and put 3.02OE-B on it I will donate. Is there an email address that I can't donate through paypal to because this is incredible. This is embarrassing for Sony.

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2006, 23:25
so if he has found THE emulator, why doesnt he just mod it and make it like a homebrew emulator from the game menu?

Nope, that's illegal. Just as the N64 emu for GameCube is illegal. The reason why is that it was designed by Sony (N64 was by Nintendo) and is a licensed product (program).

Wow, these guys are machines, never sleeping, never stopping! We should donate.

joshisposer
December 24th, 2006, 23:28
I'm thinking this might be an emulator that you like probably keep in separate folders or my most probable idea is a converter of some sort. This is just friggin amazing.

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 23:29
ff7 here i come :D

This is great news!!!

Destroyer699
December 24th, 2006, 23:31
Amazing...

Lets go over what we have accomplished recently...

3.02 OE-A
2.80 Downgrader
3.03 Decrypted
3.xx devhooked

Homebrew: 9784654894
Sony: -2

Cloudhunter
December 24th, 2006, 23:33
One word.

Wow.

Another word.

Owned :thumbup:

Cloudy

valar
December 24th, 2006, 23:34
this is mindblowing news.i wished for new full speed ps1 emu for psp coz i got 32 inch bravia,lol.superb job.hopefully we're close to get this emu.

siulmagic
December 24th, 2006, 23:34
this is amzing omg i canot belive thisd

mavsman4457
December 24th, 2006, 23:35
Nope, that's illegal. Just as the N64 emu for GameCube is illegal. The reason why is that it was designed by Sony (N64 was by Nintendo) and is a licensed product (program).

So what would be legal? Just exchanging the ISO and making a new eboot with a different game? Would these new eboots be playable on any 3.02 PSP? If not, why?

irishwhip
December 24th, 2006, 23:39
it may be illegal, but if the tools were posted so we could do it ourselves (like devhook installers) surely that would be fine?

Napalm-Death
December 24th, 2006, 23:39

I'm not trying to get smart, but this is a legitimate question... If it's illegal to mod the emulator, wouldn't it be illegal to use it in ANY way other than to load the games from the store? :confused:

lemmiwinks
December 24th, 2006, 23:41
This is a new milestone in psp homebrew history.

This is amazing!

Thx Dark_Alex :thumbup:

joshisposer
December 24th, 2006, 23:41
I don't think it would be illegal. DevHook ran (il)legal games, that was fine. I don't think any problems will come out. This is just a mod of something. What about custom firmwares, that's not illegal. Everything is not illegal if it's really cool.

JD/
December 24th, 2006, 23:42
It's official the PSP is blessed :p

Tinnus
December 24th, 2006, 23:43
Heh, that's freaking great! Now I can play FF7, 8 and 9 on the road! :)

Now Alex just needs to turn on bilinear filtering in the emulator :rolleyes:

Dante300981
December 24th, 2006, 23:44
you are the man dark alex you are the man AWESOME

Psyberjock
December 24th, 2006, 23:47
I don't think it would be illegal. DevHook ran (il)legal games, that was fine. I don't think any problems will come out. This is just a mod of something. What about custom firmwares, that's not illegal. Everything is not illegal if it's really cool.

Uh, no. Devhook disappeared for a while because it was being distributed with Sony copyrighted files. Sony keeps a close eye on everything and they probably check the code of everything that is released in the homebrew scene.

The custom firmware is contrary to the EULA as soon as you place it on your system, but the distribution of the program isn't because it doesn't contain any code made and copyrighted by Sony.

Using Sony's code (emulator copy and paste) to make anything would be illegal.

Alek
December 24th, 2006, 23:49
Hi there, im Alek (MrTuto) who made the video.

I hope u enjoyed it :)

......astonished.....i think ppl should donate to dark alex

If u want it, just go to http://www.dark-alex.org/ and u will see the donators page at paypal logo :)

Anyway, this is a great way to start the new year, isn't it? :P

post.scripta: Dax > * :D

rehbock
December 24th, 2006, 23:50
Dark alex Good job....

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2006, 23:52

How is this not illegal yet the GC N64 emu is? Devhook had the auto load iso feature taken out.

How fast you can go in a car is also really cool, but proving so can get you busted, because speeding, accelerating too fast (wreckless driving), etc are against the law in most areas (we are not talking at the track here).

.:PSP1.0:.
December 24th, 2006, 23:56
Fark this is amazing news it'll only be a matter of time now! Can't wait to start playing MGS1! Dark_Alex is a GOD! lol Trust him to find it first.. He never stops to sleep!:thumbup:

andrewgabriel77
December 24th, 2006, 23:59
We all bow down to the firmware god

mavsman4457
December 25th, 2006, 00:00
Hi there, im Alek (MrTuto) who made the video.

I hope u enjoyed it :)

If u want it, just go to http://www.dark-alex.org/ and u will see the donators page at paypal logo :)

Anyway, this is a great way to start the new year, isn't it? :P

post.scripta: Dax > * :D

I hate to doubt but I wouldn't want to donate to the wrong place. Is this the real dark_alex and is that site that right one to donate to? The site looks perfectly good but I'm not sure why Dark_Alex would make his name Alek. Heck, I'm not even sure if this guy is trying to say that he is Dark_Alex.

Cloudhunter
December 25th, 2006, 00:04
Nah, I know this guy. He's not trying to be Dark_AleX :) That is an official mirror of dax's work.

Cloudy

SteveV2
December 25th, 2006, 00:06
Could be the best xmas pressie under the tree for sure.

Great job DA :)

mavsman4457
Nah, I know this guy. He's not trying to be Dark_AleX :) That is an official mirror of dax's work.

Cloudy

OK that's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification. I will definately donate as soon as I get my PSP back from the modder that I sent it to and as soon as I have 3.02 OE-B working. Thanks again Dark_Alex.

V3N0M
Hell yah! We are getting too good now. I don’t think $ony will ever get rid of homebrew now. Funny to think a few months back, homebrew capable PSP's were becoming harder and harder to find and there were only a few of us left. Now look at us, the homebrew scene for the PSP is bigger and stronger than ever. $ony, Put that in your pipe and smoke it! lol

woop
December 25th, 2006, 00:07
I would like to go digging myself in the eboot of crash i just downloaded. Anybody know what programs i have to use?

mavsman4457
December 25th, 2006, 00:08
Oh yah, like I asked before, would it be possible to produce eboots of PSX games that are loadable through any 3.02 PSP? Not that this would be useful to me but it could help the homebrew scene grow.

Alek
December 25th, 2006, 00:10
I hate to doubt but I wouldn't want to donate to the wrong place. Is this the real dark_alex and is that site that right one to donate to? The site looks perfectly good but I'm not sure why Dark_Alex would make his name Alek. Heck, I'm not even sure if this guy is trying to say that he is Dark_Alex.

100% official download mirror.

It was made by harleyg and it's mantained by Nomo and me with the consent of Dark_AleX and Mathieulh :)

Feel free to ask anything.

skater9269
December 25th, 2006, 00:11
its encrypted so ??? I dont think a regular hex editor would do much for you.

valar
December 25th, 2006, 00:15
is it illegal to make an application that rips off ps1emu from eboot/certificate that i paid for and creates my own backed up copy of favourite game i own?

woop
December 25th, 2006, 00:15
hmm i know theres a way in there, i wonder wat DAX used to figure this out?

kalhalla
December 25th, 2006, 00:17
WOOT! GREAT JOB IM EXCITEEEEDDd

Nobody knows how much I cant wait to have Monster Hunter Freedom and Dino Crisis 2 running at full speed on my PSP at the same time.

Parasite Eve 2, Here I Comeeeee!!!!

[EDIT]: Stupid question alert!!! You can't run 3.02 OE-B via DevHook right? I REALLY don't wanna have to change from my precious 1.50, but if that's what it takes.

Cloudhunter
December 25th, 2006, 00:18
is it illegal to make an application that rips off ps1emu from eboot/certificate that i paid for and creates my own backed up copy of favourite game i own?

Read the readme in it. It explains all.

skater9269
December 25th, 2006, 00:19
obviously the psp can decrypt things (firmware eboots) so maybe he uses a psp app like psar dumper kinda woop.

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 00:19

Pretty much. I think it falls into the EULA crap.

I plan on using it either way though.

Read the readme in it. It explains all.

Where is the readme?

Zukan
December 25th, 2006, 00:33
This is probably the best news I've ever heard since I modded my PSP. Full speed PSX emulation, any game...
Merry christmas guys :)

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 00:36
Awesome, great job Dark_Alex
MGS! FULL SPEED! WOOOOOOHOOOO! *cough* sorry
-Xiofire

PS: Merry Christmas guys!

Cloudhunter
December 25th, 2006, 00:37
Where is the readme?

From the official download, none of this easy installer crap. Try www.maxconsole.com

Cloudy

ninja9393
December 25th, 2006, 00:38
THIS WILL BE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

what do u think of that sony!!!!!!!!

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 00:42
From the official download, none of this easy installer crap. Try www.maxconsole.com

Cloudy

Sorry cloudy, I wasn't there at the moment. I'm still at work and trying to not go to sleep.

I'm bored to death!

pt9087
December 25th, 2006, 00:43
dax is god, yey, BTW MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

appie01
December 25th, 2006, 00:46
this is the best xmas ever

merry xmas you b*tch @ss sony eat this
metal gear solid
resident evil 1,2 AND 3!!
tomb raider 1,2,3,4 AND chronicles!!
here i come

:thumbup: :thumbup: Dark aleX RULES :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dark_grypho
December 25th, 2006, 00:47
Sounds amazing!.

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 00:48
this is the best xmas ever

merry xmas you b*tch @ss sony eat this
metal gear solid
resident evil 1,2 AND 3!!
tomb raider 1,2,3,4 AND chronicles!!
here i come

:thumbup: :thumbup: Dark aleX RULES :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey, come on. If it wasn't for Sony, Dark Alex would be bored, and so would everyone else in the homebrew scene.

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 00:52
About me saying everything is not illegal if it's cool, I was talking about this. Some people were saying that this would be illegal which i don't think it is. I was just talking about this, more joke wise and not completely serious. I can't wait for this though.

Gene
December 25th, 2006, 00:55
uhh... alchohol is baad for you...

but damn i can't wait for this!

they should re-name Christmas to DaXmas...yeah...

Merry DaXmas!

paughthead
December 25th, 2006, 00:55
I thought 3.02 OE-A was a great x-mas present as it is.
But Dark Alex has outdid himself again.
You truely are a psp god.
Thanks so much n merry christmas.

Hungry Horace
December 25th, 2006, 00:57
someone mentoned extracting the emulator into an e-boot for use on 1.5 PSPs, and legality issues were raised. there's an alternative howerver.....

i dont think it never happened with 2.71SE, but how about devhooking the 3.02OE firmware?

that'd sure keep everyone happy!

valar
December 25th, 2006, 00:58
maybe i just have to make an eboot from my ps1 game and it's running on 3.02 oe already?lol,just joking

hirolau
December 25th, 2006, 01:00
Dark_Alex, is he a man or a god?

eazy-e
December 25th, 2006, 01:00
damn sony iz gettin owned yalll great new

emuking
December 25th, 2006, 01:01
sweet let the piracy begin :D

x-zero
December 25th, 2006, 01:05
Im going to cry this is the best christmas present. Dark Alex what will we do with out you.

Shyvnal
December 25th, 2006, 01:06
Dark Alex, a god.

nexterkan
December 25th, 2006, 01:06
cool :D

jonezybaby
December 25th, 2006, 01:10
we love Dark_Alex!!!

jools
December 25th, 2006, 01:14
Can you run these through devhook?
Is it somthing inperticular 3.02 OE-A has that i needed?:confused:

:thumbup: Btw Merry Christmas everyone :thumbup:

xcjzerox
December 25th, 2006, 01:16
Dark_Alex IS the best person I ever hear of
IS this well work on TA82
I WILL BE SO HAPPY IF IT DID

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 01:20
friggin stop with the ta82 questions. you should of been loyal and gotten it early or stayed put. pretty much like everyone else.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 25th, 2006, 01:29
*YAWN* we knew that already tried and tested myself off back to sleep now :).

Deshevy
December 25th, 2006, 01:32
I want to know exactly how Dark Alex got any psx game to work
Is it as simple as extracting the eboot from one of sonys ps1 games and replacing the iso?????????

juggaleaux
December 25th, 2006, 01:36
I want Dark Alex to have my manbabies.

December 25th, 2006, 01:37
*YAWN* we knew that already tried and tested myself off back to sleep now :).

^^^ Really? You prob didi'nt read all previous post but v3.02 OE-B will let you play any PSone game you already own yourself not just the ones from the Sony store.. DaX is awwweeesssooommmeee! lol

Datahax
December 25th, 2006, 01:38
I want Dark Alex to have my manbabies.

TMI...on so many levels

Nice work though! I can't wait to check this out!

I've never used the PSX Emu before...I wonder how Multi-Disc games would work...

juggaleaux
December 25th, 2006, 01:41
TMI...on so many levels

heh, everyone else was saying how great he was and i just wanted to be original :P

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 25th, 2006, 01:43
^^^ Really? You prob didi'nt read all previous post but v3.02 OE-B will let you play any PSone game you already own yourself not just the ones from the Sony store.. DaX is awwweeesssooommmeee! lol

DUDE read and understood it fine like i said been doing it a while from my own experiments ;).

nal
December 25th, 2006, 01:45
I have my sotn iso ready myself cant wait for this...Im so jelious of you right now lol. I been waiting to play sotn and ff7 on psp forever and your vid just has to show sotn :P

benn
December 25th, 2006, 01:47
DAX is a freakin god! way to go Dark AleX!!!! we owe you so much man. this scene owes you so much. thanks!

nal
December 25th, 2006, 01:47
oh quick question how do we make eboots so i will be ready when the time comes

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 01:49
It was unofficially noted that this will be released tomorrow. It was noted by trusted people but that is just an unofficial release date. Hopefully it will be a Christmas present for us all.

Oni
December 25th, 2006, 01:54
Dark_Alex, you are the one of the head firmware god at this scene. like Zues. Co-op'ing with all the other gods to make the greatest benefit for the little people. And for that, your worshipers love you. May your eternal divinity shine upon the scene for a long time yet to come.:rofl:

To the rest of you, and to "Zues", MARRY X-MAS (DaXmas:D )

amrod
December 25th, 2006, 01:54
where is the legit donation link for dark_alex :) ??

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 02:09
try using dark-alex.org and yes it is an official working site. It even says on top about the fake one. You can donate there. Thank you though because dark_alex deserves it but i'm not old enough for a paypal to donate ALL MY MONEY TO HIM. lol, jk, i can't get one.

Harshboy
December 25th, 2006, 02:11
I've got my fav PS1 games ripped to my pc. Can't wait to play some Legend of Mana, Crash Bandicoot, FF7, etc:D

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 02:12
lol, crash is online. it's not illegal if you own it. unless your just trying to act smart and are completely against any type of downloading.

JD/
December 25th, 2006, 02:19
friggin stop with the ta82 questions. you should of been loyal and gotten it early or stayed put. pretty much like everyone else.

Lol harsh but true I got my PSP x-mas last year it was at 2.01 and I never upgraded :). But anyway it's christmas lets not flame.

BTW my brother is 13 and he has a paypal account lol.

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 02:28
Really, hmmmm, I need MONEY and an account. I would give Dark_Alex so much money if i could.

goaliedude
December 25th, 2006, 02:37
Dark_AleX is god wish u the best of luck in progress n o ya MERRY CHRISTMAS

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 02:38
YAAAAAA this is amazinggg!! thank you so much DAX holyyyy this is incredible sony got owneddd

shak bo
December 25th, 2006, 02:39
The PSP is the difinitive handheld device period, Zen, please, I Pod? don't make laugh, The PSP rules, Dark Alex for President!!!!!!!!!!

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 02:45
Dark_Alex for a messiah. He is seriously like a god. or atleast a jesus of some sort. He rocks!

JD/
December 25th, 2006, 02:46
The PSP is the difinitive handheld device period, Zen, please, I Pod? don't make laugh, The PSP rules, Dark Alex for President!!!!!!!!!!

I second that I hope he can tweak the emulator and make it full screen.

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 02:48
lmao i dont care if he can make it full screen im just happy it works :D

Vine of Sodom
December 25th, 2006, 02:49
Can't wait to play Resident Evil 1/2/3 on the PSP.......................................

Thank You so much!

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 02:51
i cant wait for this to come out can anyone create a prediction :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 02:51
Isn't the emu fullscreen already? lol, when you goto homescreen of the emu you can choose screen size

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 02:55
yeah it has full screen already i tested it out

press home and change

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 03:00
it sucks tho all my isos are at home and im in florida lol

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 03:05
dont worry if you own the games its legal to download them... atleast i think

comicgeek
December 25th, 2006, 03:06
I think people should protect Dark_Alex and be vigilant for any future "attacks" on him.... as his popularity increases so does Sony's attention to him... you know what I mean...

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 03:12
if i was sony right now i would be kicking myself hard. its going to be hard for them to recover out of this one.

but i can see it from thier point of view, so what if they want to make money out of us isnt that what all companies do?

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 03:16
lol its so funny though, they made this emulator so people would upgrade and lose homebrew, and instead they bassically made a free full speed psx emulator that we can use along with all our other homebrew, thanks sony ;)

subcomander
December 25th, 2006, 03:20
good news. but i new this already. i tried all the games already and there all compatable except medievel cause its for firmware 3.3.

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 03:22
Wat? you already have this. unless your talking about something else, but stay on topic then.

kpaul_nyc
December 25th, 2006, 03:23
thad be sex. illegal sex, but nonetheless, sex.lmao. :rofl:

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 03:24
lol i think he thinks that were talking about sonys emu, but we found a way to use any psx iso with the sony emulater so u dont need to buy the same games you alreayd own

edit: by we i mean DAX :P

kpaul_nyc
December 25th, 2006, 03:31
I think this would be easy for Sony to prevent.... Very easy.

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 03:31
yeh there are an excellent array of PSX RPG's that sony didnt offer to port eg chrono cross

I think this would be easy for Sony to prevent.... Very easy

any system protection they add seems to get hacked eventually

Lodis
December 25th, 2006, 03:36
good news. but i new this already. i tried all the games already and there all compatable except medievel cause its for firmware 3.3.

I think you have got the wrong idea here. This news is about us being able to play any PSX game on the official emulator including the ones we already own. In this case, Medievil requiring 3.03 firmware isn't a factor since you will be able to use your own ripped copy of Medievil and play it on this official emulator.

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 03:36
yeah but who cares with this we can play ANY game!! ANY GAME! you dont need to buy them from sonys store lol

emuking
December 25th, 2006, 03:39
who honestly here would say they would actually buy the games come on we all know we're all pirates :D

scarph
December 25th, 2006, 03:44
ps2nfo says its coming out tomorrow
go to sleep early so santa and dax can do their work

Russoxley187
December 25th, 2006, 03:46
this is teh best news I have heard in a long time...
Lets play some games

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 03:48
Dont goto ps2nfo. they are a bad group of people. don't ask why just don't go there. but i do like the whole go to sleep early thing though. that is funny.

Lodis
December 25th, 2006, 03:48
who honestly here would say they would actually buy the games come on we all know we're all pirates :D

I would have been happy to purchase games from an online store to be able to run my favourite Psx titles on my Psp but when I heard that you would initially have to own a PS3 I wasn't very impressed. I see the official Sony Psx emulator being cracked as karma for Sony being so greedy.

pkmaximum
December 25th, 2006, 03:50
OMG OMG OMG my favorite game running on the PSP for PSX. I thought SONY was reporting each game tot he PSP and just running them on the memory stick. This is totally a mind bender!!! OMG HELL YES!!!

darx
December 25th, 2006, 03:57
Classic Metal Gear?
A REAL Armored Core game?

:thumbup:

SnoopKatt
December 25th, 2006, 04:08
Wow, awesome, maybe I'll donate a little money to him :)

penileartery
December 25th, 2006, 04:15
i WILL poop my pants if this comes out at 12:00..and if it does. i WILL video tape it and put it on youtube for everyone to watch. nice job dax i wana shake your hand. or at least meet you. im not kidding. :D

tophead420
December 25th, 2006, 04:21
wow i cant believe this this will is very great news does anyone know if a ripped game would work this to i see no reason why it wouldnt but i cant wait to play ff7 and ff8 on my psp omg this year has been so awesome thanks a million Dark_Alex

Datahax
December 25th, 2006, 04:30

Yarr matey!

I hope I be seein' this on the morrow....

prophecy
December 25th, 2006, 04:32
would someone please send me a dump of their 3.02 oeb fw. i understand that it wont run on any other psp i would just like to figure out the POP DRM crack so i can enjoy psx games on my DH 3.2 fw.

email it to [email protected]

thx in advance
prophecy

Napalm-Death
December 25th, 2006, 04:35
would someone please send me a dump of their 3.02 oeb fw. i understand that it wont run on any other psp i would just like to figure out the POP DRM crack so i can enjoy psx games on my DH 3.2 fw.

email it to [email protected]

thx in advance
prophecy

OE-B didn't come out yet..

fenicio
December 25th, 2006, 04:42
Can you mount PSP isos in OE-B like you do in DevHook?

Digital.Mako45
December 25th, 2006, 04:46
This is incredible. Seeing this release in the future will be a real benchmark for the PSP homebrew scene

Good work AleX, you are indeed a god
(to me anyway) xD

danielmakana
December 25th, 2006, 04:47
yes you can mount isos. They show up under the games menu under memory stick. Atleast if its the same as 3.02 OE-A

prophecy
December 25th, 2006, 04:48
OE-B didn't come out yet..

then 3.02 oe-a i really dont care

DarthPaul
December 25th, 2006, 04:55
yeah,DAX,Booster,AhMan...theyre all good coders...but what about Edison Carter?? thanks to his cheat device is that most of the downgraders were made... and thanks to those downgraders many more things came out.:)

joshisposer
December 25th, 2006, 05:19
Don't forget about Math. He's done some good stuff. This year has been really good. And, the number one, no matter how many flames, Fanjita.

IamAbe
December 25th, 2006, 05:32
Awasome, can't wait for the release! Thanx dark_alex!

jpolz
December 25th, 2006, 05:59
So is 3.02 OE-A able to emulated through DevHook?

emuking
December 25th, 2006, 06:04
So is 3.02 OE-A able to emulated through DevHook?

no its a custom firmware so you cant emulate it i forgot the specific reason why but you cant, anybody correct me if im wrong

SnoopKatt
December 25th, 2006, 06:04
Why would you emulate OE-A? Just install it.

jpolz
December 25th, 2006, 06:08
Why would you emulate OE-A? Just install it.

Paranoid about flashing my PSP.

I like to be able to switch back forth at will between 1.5 and whatever DevHook is able to emulate.

SnoopKatt
December 25th, 2006, 06:20
Yeah, I heard you can't devhook custom firmware. As long as you place everything in the right spot, nothing should go wrong. It checks for everything and validates the installer too, so as long as you plug it into the wall and make sure it has 100% battery life, everything should go well. It even has a recovery mode, so that way you can easily downgrade back to 1.5 if anything goes wrong or you mess up the custom firmware.

hardedge71
December 25th, 2006, 06:57
FF7 i have loved forever -so i cant wait for this release (btw MERRY XMAS EVERY1)...

Im still on 2.71 SE as i werent sure wetha to NOW install 3.02 OE-A (as i dont really know the extra benefits other than play games from menu and other media stuff)...

But 3.02 OE-B will make me upgrade.No two ways about it.

Dark Alex deserves donations for this one surely...if every person gave a £1/$1.50/(the euro eqivulent) to a donator-i wonder how much they could truly shine?......(plus the fact that they deserve it :P)their makin us save money anyhow!!

Thanx agen Dark Alex

SnoopKatt
December 25th, 2006, 07:31
Yeah, you might as well hang on until OE-B comes out, I wouldn't bother flashing OE-A right now.

titch.ryan
December 25th, 2006, 07:58
wow thats amazing.

i was thinking about looking into the eboots used to run the psx games but im glad someone who knows what they're doing has figured iy out first.

great work cant wait for a release.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Fiaasyt0
December 25th, 2006, 07:59
the psx emulation sounds great..but what about the controls?the same as the offical psx emulator..or what?

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 08:02
the psx emulation sounds great..but what about the controls?the same as the offical psx emulator..or what?

Yep, I imagine so. From the vid it looked the same.

dejkirkby
December 25th, 2006, 08:11
Dark_Alex. PSP Homebrew Champion. Fact.

Dickhead
December 25th, 2006, 08:35
Well Iam just looking forward to running my Distruction Derby 2 game on this as I was unable to run it in the other psx emus for the psp. This news has come as a shock and a blessing

Napalm-Death
December 25th, 2006, 08:42
This is for anyone that's used the PSX eboots already, how are L2 and R2 taken care of?

kayhanbakid
December 25th, 2006, 09:11
This is for anyone that's used the PSX eboots already, how are L2 and R2 taken care of?

L2 is left on the analog stick. R2 is right on the analog stick. And L2+R2 is up on the analog stick.

D0N
December 25th, 2006, 09:23
OMG! Sony got their ass kicked in again! Go Dark_Alex! :)

I bet we'll see 3.04 soon from Sony then eh? :D

December 25th, 2006, 10:08
DUDE read and understood it fine like i said been doing it a while from my own experiments ;).

Sorry mate my bad..:)

Uruz 6
December 25th, 2006, 10:18
LOL sony is getting pwnd again!!

davhuit
December 25th, 2006, 10:18
Except for people who have 2.80+ firmware, I don't see the use of using Devhooking (if it would have worked) to load a Custom Firmware.

My point would be, if you want to use a custom firmware, install it (if you have 2.80 or lower, like 1.5 in most of the cases).

If some people want to stay with their holy 1.5, why not, but in this point, why wanting to use the other one ?

It's really paranoid to think about bricks and others, I flashed my psp probably five times since I have it and never got a problem (first time I did it, I was a bit scared but now, I'm doing it like I'm installing an homebrew).

I did 2.0 (official) => 2.5 (sony update) => 2.6 (sony update) => 1.5 => 2.71 SE (B,B'',C), back to 1.5 after the installation in the flash of Devhook 0.50 to be sure to have a 100% working firmware after (see at the end of the
paragraph), then back to 2.71 SE-C to install Devhook 0.50 (3.1), then back to 1.5 (to install the next one), then I installed the 3.02 OE A, and I even went back to 1.5, then again to 3.02 OE A (because first, none of my games were working, I thought the last one were weird, but in fact, it seems when I choose "no-umd : disabled" the first time with 3.

02 OE A, it didn't selected it and so I thought the firmware got a problem. (and I forget to mention each time I uninstalled a Devhook, and downgrade from a Custom Firmware, I then did an official update, then downgrade it to be sure to get a 100% working official firmware and to be sure to not brick my psp).

And see, with all of that, I never got a problem (and I never do it with 100% battery, always the minimum required so 75%, one of those times, I even did it with using the AC power adaptater, and I didn't got a problem too).

And I can go back when I want to 1.5, don't have to think, "oh maybe dark alex hacked his thing to not let people downgrade later" as I already tested the downgrade from the 3.02 0E A.

I'm okay to to think if it works with 3.02, we could think it can "theoretically" work with Devhook and a 1.5, but I really always don't understand why some people are against a Custom Firmware (which is far better, even without PSX games, than the 1.5 one).

Anyway, Dark Alex will get a donation from me too next week (even if it's not released yet), it will probably not be higher than 10$, but I think it worth at least that (and if all the people where giving that amount, it could make a lot of money lol !), even without the next one, as I'm using 2.71 SE-C since a while, and now 3.02 OE A.

And about Sony, who prevent them to sell only the emulator on a UMD, at the price of a real psp game, and then, distributed a program to make isos from the real CD ?

Personally, I would have bought it, and I think lots of people would have too, it's useless to use an illegal version when a legal one is available, and with a decent price.

No, they prefered sell a few games each month, lots of games lots of people don't care.

I'm sure a UMD with only the emulator to play with our real cd converted to isos would make them win really really more money than the "store version". People aren't dumb, they can buy an emulator or something like that once, but people won't pay for like thousand games, if they already bought them in the past. Same goes to Nintendo, I'm sure a annual subscription of, let's says, even 15$ by month, would make them win a lot more money than the actual system, for example, I would have subscribed, but not in the actual system, because by example, used nintendo 64 games are for most of them, cheaper than 8$

10$, lots of them are 5-6$, the system is like 15$, I better pay 5-6$ for the real game of the real console than 8-10$ only for a rom.

Oh, I forgot, for people who asked, "and about multi-cd games ?". If you're playing a multi-cd games who ask you if you want to save before changing disc (like ff's), you would just have to save the game after the iso of your cd 1, shutdown the emu, put the iso of your cd 2, reload the emulator, choose the new iso, and reload your save.

If you're playing a game who don't ask to save before changing the disk, I only see one solution at the moment (except if the emulator if modified one day), if the emulator use a special format for the saving (I mean, not the same as PC emulator), you would just have to wait until someone make a converter, then take your psp save, use it on an PC emulator, load the second cd, save it, convert it back to your psp and here you go.

Seems a bit long, but it's not that long, and if it would be this way, some people will probably do some "already prepared" at the beginning of every cd of popular multi-cd games for people who don't like to get bored with those sort of method.

Anyway, end of my long post :)

heeroyun
December 25th, 2006, 10:19
That mean i have to buy a new Memory card cuz my 1 GB duo can handle all of the games that i love .

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 10:21
That mean i have to buy a new Memory card cuz my 1 GB duo can handle all of the games that i love .

Another 1 gig would do you fine for the PS1 emu, but you'd be limited to 1 or 2 games at a time, and they'd have to be small to fit more than one on there at a time.

yoshinatsu
December 25th, 2006, 10:27
Sony continuously PAYS for what it does...
One wrong move from Sony, means two or more "mean" moves from either Dark_Alex or homebrew generally.

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 10:41
Sony continuously PAYS for what it does...
One wrong move from Sony, means two or more "mean" moves from either Dark_Alex or homebrew generally.

DAX is getting paid by Nintendo to do this...

jk.

appie01
December 25th, 2006, 10:55
i've decided to have a look my self in the eboot
are these files:
- DATA.PSAR
- DATA.PSP
- PARAM.SFO
- PIC0.PNG
- PIC1.PNG
- ICON0.PNG

the data.psar from cool boarders is 279 mb
sow i think the iso is in there but psar dumper v2b
keeps saying cant find data.psar on top folder of mem stick anyone knows why that is :confused:

hardedge71
December 25th, 2006, 10:55
Davhuit,thats not a bad idea (the multi-disk changing within games) I kinda thought that would be the best way also....

Sigh..I couldnt help it-I wanted to try this PSX emulator for myself-so i using it with tekken 2...Ill tell you how it is later on today (for those who still dont know how the emulator plays.

Also im also curious on the contents of psx isos...and how we could convert them somehow into an eboot-im jealous of Dark ALex now....I wana learn how to dis this kinda stuff...sigh

I wana Contribute too...
Aww well-my money will have to do XD

Vairn
December 25th, 2006, 10:58
The data.psar is the iso, from what I can tell, now just figuring out a way to "replace" it. There seems to be some differences tho.

appie01
December 25th, 2006, 11:04
The data.psar is the iso, from what I can tell, now just figuring out a way to "replace" it. There seems to be some differences tho.
i thing dax made a new psar dumper that extracts
all the contents of it then he took the eboot and the emu out of the iso and puts it in castlevania
the he deletes the iso
for example tekken 2 and replaces it with castlevania sotn
and renames it to tekken 2

put the eboot together and it WORKS

just a guess

(damn i wish i could extract the data.psar)

mikeyzee
December 25th, 2006, 11:05
Would there there be a way to run this emulator emulating 3.02 through devhook for us unfortunate ta-82 stricken people?

Vairn
December 25th, 2006, 11:09
appie, psp-brew can extract it, it is what I used.

appie01
December 25th, 2006, 11:13
appie, psp-brew can extract it, it is what I used.

i know psp brew can do that but it cant extract the contents of the data.psar it can only take it out of the eboot

Vairn
December 25th, 2006, 11:26
yeah, maybe it can find the header.... since it seems to scan it for a few secs first.

appie01
December 25th, 2006, 11:37
yeah, maybe it can find the header.... since it seems to scan it for a few secs first.
maybe thats what dax found out how to decrypt
the data.psar and after that i think it's all quite easy
just replacing things because in the vid you see
him loading pro golf and it starts up castlevania

Cloudhunter
December 25th, 2006, 12:02
We really won't know until it is released :) Bearing in mind that it needs a new firmware though, it's probably not so simple.

Last I heard though, 3.02OE source was sent to booster, to help him...

Cloudy

JMC
December 25th, 2006, 12:27
can i have the 3.02 please

Lodis
December 25th, 2006, 12:29

Nice of you to share it with us then :rolleyes:

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 12:31
go to sleep early so santa and dax can do their work

i did and now im awake... still not out yet :(

Mr.Denny
December 25th, 2006, 12:36
This is the single greatest piece of news regarding the PSP for me. :D

Can`t bloody wait!

However, i`d love to know more about the process in converting it from an ISO to an Eboot, if of course that even happens.

Lodis
December 25th, 2006, 12:59
It has been released now and requires Hotshots Golf 2 to be able to run your own. I would tell more but im busy updating and testing lol.

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 13:30
It has been released now and requires Hotshots Golf 2 to be able to run your own. I would tell more but im busy updating and testing lol.

WHAT IT HAS BEEN RELEASED! :D

WHERE!!?

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 13:32
Its Hereeee People On The Dark Alex Websitee!!!!

darknight88
December 25th, 2006, 13:32

I find this very selfish, a person said the same thing over at maxconsoles!!!tell us WHERE already!!!put a link ppls!!!!

ok is this the real site??:

http://www.dark-alex.org/

g00gy
December 25th, 2006, 13:36
I uploaded it i havent tested it out yet this is from max console.

http://download.yousendit.com/86D1E1CB61A210E5

xcjzerox
December 25th, 2006, 13:38
one question well this work on ta82 Merry Christmas too all of you

bagoonghunter
December 25th, 2006, 13:38
OMG ! I can't believe this, Dark_Alex are you God?

If you're wondering where dax released it, its all over at maxconsole forums.

blackrave
December 25th, 2006, 13:42
Or here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46998) at DCEmu. ;)

heeroyun
December 25th, 2006, 13:55
Wow ~~~

PSX emulator here i come XDDDDDDD

PS: Look like we have to upgrade to 3.02 OE-A before go to the 3.02 OE-B

Russoxley187
December 25th, 2006, 14:18
what folder do the games go in?

mike03$$$
December 25th, 2006, 14:20
This is good just got the ps3 today for christmas and was about to download a game but had to stop by on the ps3 internet type on dcemu and found out all u need iz a backup that's crazy. ($ony your getting your ass kicked by the homebrew community) hold on wait wait wait wait is this only for that oe-b thing or can this work on devhook too

Napalm-Death
December 25th, 2006, 14:31
L2 is left on the analog stick. R2 is right on the analog stick. And L2+R2 is up on the analog stick.

Thanks!

Tinnus
December 25th, 2006, 14:55
Woohoo! Now THAT's a Christmas present :D

Off to play FF7! :)

hardedge71
December 25th, 2006, 15:13
ARRRGHHH....KABLAH!!

i jus spent the last 10minutes running round my house screaming-THANK YOU Dark_ALex

A Donation is indeed assured from me..

U pwn!!!

appie01
December 25th, 2006, 15:14
can someone please help :(

i did everything the readme said
in command prompt i type :

D:\popstation\popstation mgs.iso
then it says cannot open mgs.iso

i tried with:
- mgs cd 1 iso
- mgs cd 1 bin
- ff7 cd1 img
- ff7 cd 1 iso
- ff7 cd 1 bin

keeps telling me cannot open xxxxx.xxx
please help i realy need it

MGS HERE I COME
(:mad: as soon as i can confert it to eboot :mad: )

lplover2k
December 25th, 2006, 15:17
amazing!!!! no need to w8 for sony to release the psx games!!!! :):):)

slayer2psp
December 25th, 2006, 15:34
awsome works great playing re right now darkalex is a psp god thank you so much merry xmas for all us coustome firmware psp owners