PDA

View Full Version : Sega CD lens question

Cernex
December 25th, 2006, 08:49
Quite standard (and n00bish) question, really:

I have a Sega CD (duh...) and a couple of games. One of these games, Jurassic Park, just won't run anymore (it won't load scenes), and that's quite annoying.

Now, I tried it on my PC (via Fusion 3.51 emu), and the game runs perfectly.

Now, my question is if that means my lens are smudged. And, if it does, how can clean it??? somebody told me I should use standard compressed air cans, but I'm not sure...

El Cernex

Tomlo
December 25th, 2006, 13:24
You can clean it with about anything but be very very careful with liquid cleaners like rubbing alcohol only slightly wetting a soft peice of cloth. How ever if cleaning the lens doesnt help then you probally need the lazer recalibrated which I have now clue how to do on a sega cd, if it is even possible.

Cernex
December 25th, 2006, 23:50
Ah, thanks!!! A friend (Bloodreign from the CVD community) also suggested using one of those little CDs with brushes.

I have one of those already, so I don't see the problem on using it, but, just for the sake of it, how reliable are them, really???

El Cernex

semicolo
December 26th, 2006, 22:23
well those brush cd are ok for audio cd but don't use them on multispeed cdrom or anything spinning to fast because then it tends to stripe the lens.