PDA

View Full Version : GBA: New test build of Goomba Color available

DanTheManMS
December 25th, 2006, 17:14
Dwedit has updated Goomba Color, a Gameboy Color emulator for the GBA. There is no official release yet, but a test build is available. Additions include Super Gameboy borders and colors as well as a few graphics fixes (should fix the Link's Awakening walking bug). Changes from the previous build:

SGB mode is restricted to using palette #0 only for now, I'll add support for the tile attributes later.
For games which support both GBC and SGB, you can select which mode they run in.
There's also a weird GBC+SGB mode which can confuse some games, like Dragon Warrior Monsters. That game will update the SGB borders even when running in GBC mode, but will sometimes reassign the palette to bad colors.

http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?pid=1740

xg917
December 25th, 2006, 19:15
um... and this was posted in the psp news forum? lol, y would there be a gameboy color emulator wen u can already play them on gba?

Ramza042
December 26th, 2006, 01:39
I think this is so overshadowed by 3.02 oe that nobody really noticed it was on the wrong page, heh.

Basil Zero
December 26th, 2006, 06:18
wrong section lol

DanTheManMS
December 26th, 2006, 06:24
Hey, I just posted in the "submit news" forum, so it must have been moved here by accident.

And to answer xg917's question, yes you can play GBC games on the GBA, but you can't play them in the Game Boy Micro or the DS, making this useful for many people.

Tinnus
December 26th, 2006, 15:07
Not to mention you can play backups. Might you lose, break your cartridge, or it simply stop working... if you have a backup dump it's safer to play it :)

And also the cool features an emulator can have like save states and such.

wraggster
December 26th, 2006, 15:36
whoops i moved it to the wrong forum

blame the xmas booze

DanTheManMS
December 26th, 2006, 19:14
Tinnus, note that savestates have not yet been implemented. They're present in the regular Gooma emulator, but not in Goomba Color yet. It's on Dwedit's to-do list though.

Xcliber
December 27th, 2006, 00:10
does it do pokemon crystal yet?:rolleyes:

DanTheManMS
December 27th, 2006, 00:46
From a forum post I've read, it has "some graphic issues"

Why don't you test it and find out?