PDA

View Full Version : PS3s being traded for Wiis

wraggster
December 25th, 2006, 19:33
via guardian (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/archives/2006/12/24/ps3s_being_traded_for_wiis.html)

Turns out that the Nintendo Wii is more desirable than a PlayStation 3, in spite of the Wii's considerable lower specification and price. At GigaGamez, Jason McMaster has been looking through offers to trade on Craigslist:

In my search of Austin, I only turned up 6 total people who wanted to trade their PS3 for a Wii, so I moved on to New York City, which boasted a pretty substantial 18 desired trades. Here's where it gets crazy: in San Francisco, there are 48 different PS3 for Wii trades going on at this moment. Now, keep in mind, most of these trades are requesting a Wii plus cash difference, but there is the occasional barter that will take a loss just to get their hands on the latest Nintendo console.

It has already been pointed out that the PS3 has not been trading well on eBay, and has not been selling out as fast as the Xbox 360 when that was in short supply. Are the people with PS3s trading for something they can sell for more money, or "have been terribly disappointed in the software line-up"? As McMaster says: "No matter what it turns out to be, I would have never pictured this scenario."