PDA

View Full Version : VHBL Status

wraggster
June 25th, 2012, 14:56
via http://wololo.net/2012/06/21/vhbl-status/

Hi everyone. A few days ago I announced that I was working on a new VHBL release, and later on confirmed it is working on firmware 1.69. It’s been a little while and some of you are wondering why we are not seeing a release yet.

Simply, the current exploit on which VHBL relies has some pros and cons that make it not such a great candidate for the release (I can’t give much details in order to not disclose too much about the game being used for the exploit), and as I said, instead of “wasting” this one, I am trying very hard to get VHBL to work on other exploits that have been sent to me.

Please understand that this is not an easy task, since lots of people just send me a barely working crash, and most of the time I have to figure out the whole exploit all over again by myself, then test if it would be a good candidate for VHBL. and when it’s not, I have to dig very deep in the code of VHBL or in the PSP SDK documentation to see if I could find a way to get it to work.

Some of the exploits I tested recently look like they are “close” to be potentially ported to VHBL, but each one of them has a tiny glitch that prevents me from making any progress so far. One of them fails at a step where it should allow me to import some essential syscalls, another simply refuses to be correctly re-encrypted, yet another works only in some conditions and crashes in other, etc… Analyzing and testing those takes hours, and between my real-life job, family affairs, and Diablo3 (yeah…) my free time is constrained.

For those of you who would like to help, the best to do is to start looking for exploits on your own following these guides. And if you do find an exploit (and plan on sending it to me), please, be kind enough to at least write a hello world for it, and explain how to run it. I really appreciate all the help I can get, but I am tired of playing the guessing game for all the crashes I receive

As soon as I make some more progress on one of the current exploits, I will of course let you guys know.

VHBL is a homebrew loader for the Playstation Vita. It is at the time of this writing the only tool that allows you to run homebrews and emulators on Sony’s latest portable console.