PDA

View Full Version : help me - do i stick with 1.5 or change to 3.02OE?

benn
December 26th, 2006, 16:33
DAXs work has got me so excited. i am really thinking about updating my 1.5. i am just a bit uncomfortable losing all my sega genesis, snes and commodore games lol.
also if i upgrade, does that mean i have no way of using devhook right? so then what happens when i want to play the new PSP games?
but i so want to play FFT and FF7&8 at full speed and i presume AC has stopped his PSX emu now :(
opinions and advice please

psp_sfdm
December 26th, 2006, 16:37
1. When you upgrade to 3.02OE, you can still play your homebrew games. So, you won't lose any of your abilities to play homebrew.

2. Devhook is not necessary since it's using the 3.02 firmware and it can play all the latest games without emulating the firmware itself.

3. After you upgrade to the 3.02OE firmware and you don't like it, you can downgrade it back to 1.5 firmware.

So, it's up to you how you want to go about upgrading to 3.02OE, but I can't see why anyone would really stay on 1.5 anymore. Also, keep in mind that 3.02OE combines both the 1.5 and 3.02 firmware in one upgrade.

gunntims0103
December 26th, 2006, 16:38
Firstly its entirly up to you weather you want to update to 3.02OE-B, we cant make that decision for you.

My suggestion is update to 3.02OE-B, also you can play all your snes games and such etc... you just have to put them back on your memory stick after you update. You can also play any umd game basicaly so theres no need for devhook. Also you can play ps1 games.

So i would say go with 3.02OE-B

dejkirkby
December 26th, 2006, 17:00
... you just have to put them back on your memory stick after you update.

So i would say go with 3.02OE-B

You won't have to put them back on your MS, because you won't need to take them off in the first place.

splodger15
December 26th, 2006, 17:04
And you can play your own PS1 games

kharaboudjan
December 26th, 2006, 20:39
is it the same high speed for the snes and genesis roms in 3.02OE-B? or is it slower?

does 3.02OE-B emulate ScummVM?

psp_sfdm
December 26th, 2006, 21:15
is it the same high speed for the snes and genesis roms in 3.02OE-B? or is it slower?

The speed for snes and genesis roms are the same in 3.02OE-B as it was in 1.5.

does 3.02OE-B emulate ScummVM?

Yes, 3.02OE-B emulates ScummVM, just like a lot of the other emulators that ran on the 1.5 firmware.

steve-b
December 26th, 2006, 22:08
I cant add anything to what has been said already, except another vote for upgrading to the custom firmware. I stuck with 1.50 for a very long time for the same reasons you have. I finally took the plunge a week or so ago, and it has been bliss. no more dual booting etc. It is a dream. Do it!! :)

benn
December 27th, 2006, 19:04
thanks guys. appreciate it. never realised that it was able to run the same stuff as 1.5 oh my god i am soooooo excited.

ok. 2nd favour. can someone tell me what i need to do to get it running then? i dont want to read 500+ posts over several threads. really appreciate it guys.

acn010
December 27th, 2006, 19:08
3.02OB all the way!!!!!!

Accordion
December 28th, 2006, 13:29
thanks guys. appreciate it. never realised that it was able to run the same stuff as 1.5 oh my god i am soooooo excited.

ok. 2nd favour. can someone tell me what i need to do to get it running then? i dont want to read 500+ posts over several threads. really appreciate it guys.

clean your 1.50 from flash mods [might not be needed, but best to be safe]

download 3.02OE-a

follow the readme

download 3.02 OE-b
follow the readme!

download a popstation GUI from somewhere, there is a big choice now...
follow the readme!

the readm files tell you everything you need to know, i cant offer any more help than that...its easy!

benn
December 28th, 2006, 14:08
sweet thanks Accordian Boy. i ALWAYS read the READ ME file anyway. i just wanted the steps outlined - which you done. many thnaks. will try now and post up when complete.

Accordion
December 29th, 2006, 00:37
enjoy!

ff7 is almost perfect...slight hiccups occasionally, but nothing to worry about.

i still cant believe sony was stupid enough to give us this...oh well...back to FF7...

throughsilver
December 30th, 2006, 16:11
clean your 1.50 from flash mods [might not be needed, but best to be safe]

download 3.02OE-a

follow the readme
Wow, I get back from hols to a very exciting surprise. Only problem is, I have been following the above readme, and when I open up the oeupdmaker file on my PSP, it says it cannot open 1.50 PBP.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

demondude777
December 30th, 2006, 16:56
Make sure you have the 1.5 and 3.02 upgrades and you renamed them.

I love 3.02 but I regret it a bit. I lost 6 homebrew games. Serve N' Go, Laserix 2, and Tile World all came up as corrupt data, Hexen freezes when booting, Commander Keen freezes when exiting, and Rise of the Triad tries to boot and the fails...:(

labowl
December 30th, 2006, 17:10
Im thinking of upgrading to this 3.02oe-b but im wondering if eventually we can use the prx files from 3.02oe-b and use them with devhook so that we can use the psx emulator. I may wait to see if it is cracked.

Mr.Denny
December 30th, 2006, 18:09
Enjoy it, it really is excellent :)

Now back to FFIX.....

chrono75
December 30th, 2006, 22:52
I used DevHook and it doesn't even compare to 3.02 SE-B. I promise! Plus, running games through DevHook makes the games run slower as I noticed a couple of days ago.
Man, I can't even begin to tell you how much I cherished my 1.5 Firmware. I downgraded to it twice! When 2.71 SE-B and SE-C came out, It hought, eh, I don't think it's worth it. So, I pretty much just blew off the entire custom firmware scene. That was, until I found out that the new 3.02 OE-B ran PSP ISOs and PSX ISO! I was like, no GD way! So I upgraded using the simple installer and then added the PSX update. Man, I'd have to say that I'm having the best time on my PSP I have ever had. I can play PSX games like Castlevania - Symphony of the Night, Chrono Cross and Legend of Mana. Plus, I can copy my games and put them on my memstick to actually play the games without even using the UMD! (I hope you can see the possibilities here!) In other words, if you upgrade, you get all the coll stuff about the 1.5 firmware, the extras of a 3.02 firmware and you then can play any Playstation game you can think of, all on your PSP. I'm still excited!! Dude, if you need help, e-mail me or IM me and I'll even hook you up with some cool stuff to get you started! It's easy!!

throughsilver
December 30th, 2006, 23:41
Make sure you have the 1.5 and 3.02 upgrades and you renamed them.

Sorry if I seem like an idiot here, but I'm lost.

FWIW, I'm running a 1.5, with no upgrades.

demondude777
December 31st, 2006, 03:08
Sorry if I seem like an idiot here, but I'm lost.

FWIW, I'm running a 1.5, with no upgrades.

The first step is to make sure to gt the eboots for 1.50 update and 3.02 update. Even though you have 1.50, you need to download it, and the 3.02 update because one of the steps asks you to put it in a certian folder.

Here is the step I am referring to:

"- Get the 1.50 and 3.02 sony updaters in the oeupdmaker folder with the names "150.PBP" and "302.PBP"."

You can get them easy here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/36

throughsilver
December 31st, 2006, 09:52
Ooooooh right! I misread that step, thinking the 'getting' was automatic. Fantastic, I'll give that a go. Cheers.

edit: 150 has been done fine, and 302 is apparently being extracted and packed. Q: is it supposed to take ages? I'm fine with waiting, as long as the right things are happening.

edit 2: Sweet, that stage is done.