PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo Wii - The Most Exciting Console Ever

wraggster
December 26th, 2006, 17:16
Ive been a gamer nearly all my life and have enjoyed a vast amount of systems although i must say the Snes and Dreamcast more than most, but the Nintendo Wii is something very different.

Never before have i come across a system that Non gamers want to try and buy in such big numbers, yeah the gamers want this system to maybe go along side their 360 and PS3 but the Wii is bringing many millions into gaming that were either bored or have never really been interested before.

The use of the Wiimote as a controller is easily the greatest gaming controller for the games where it excels.

If and when the Wii Homebrew scene starts for real then as long as a modchip isnt needed then we could see the greatest homebrew scene ever.

The possibilities are so very mouthwatering

Come on datel and release an action replay for the Wii which maybe we can hack a WiiLoad from :)

Who agrees or disagrees with me, answer via comments

mcvader
December 26th, 2006, 17:31
The Wii homebrew scene will be awesome but something just occured to me, now that we can use wii remotes with windows will we be seeing homebrew PC games that make use of it? a PC with a Wiimote would be easier to program homebrew for, obviously coding for windows would be easier and the extra power would help as well.

Junixx
December 26th, 2006, 18:13
I agree :D I played Wii Sports all day yesterday and will play Twilight Princess whenever my brother stops playing it :cool:

CrashCat
December 26th, 2006, 20:05
The possibilities really are boggling. I got a gift card for Costco from my job, and I was thinking about using it to get one of those fancy electronic dart boards, and a couple days later got Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for Christmas, which has a pretty decent dart game right in it. It was really fun to sit there and flick virtual darts.

Oh yeah, and when I took it down to my sister's for their family dinner, everyone from the grandma and grandpa down to 8 year old kids played some Wii Sports Bowling. It may take some time for the word to get out, but when it does, this thing will take really off, and homebrew partly depends on having a lot of people interested in the first place.

Even if homebrew ends up largely left to flash apps for the web browser, the possibilities are staggering. We will see a lot of garbage, first, of course, but that's normal.

acn010
December 26th, 2006, 20:11
i want a wii so bad

BrooksyX
December 26th, 2006, 20:48
Yeah I would get one, but my parents would probably get pissed because I just got a 360 and they don't like me to spend my money on video games.

Shane R. Monroe
December 26th, 2006, 20:49
For me, gaming ended with the Dreamcast (console gaming anyway - not handhelds). It was the last console with a "soul".

Welcome Nintendo ... Thank you for making a new console with a "soul". I haven't had this much fun in a LONG time. My wife, my dad, my kids - EVERYONE will Wii. And I'm friggin' enchanted.

shadowprophet
December 27th, 2006, 03:14
The wii has it this time. I long for the days when nintendo ruled the market with an iron fist, lording down on it's competition from this untouchable place from above.
But I think secretly we have all wanted that for a very long time :)

WHurricane16
December 27th, 2006, 03:29
The wii has it this time. I long for the days when nintendo ruled the market with an iron fist, lording down on it's competition from this untouchable place from above.
But I think secretly we have all wanted that for a very long time :)

The great thing about it is the fact Nintendo is doing what they have always done, doing the same stuff that's given them the "kiddie" label, doing everything to disenfranchise the "hardcore" gamer.

I'm loving the sweet, sweet victory. The market was ripe for change and Nintendo gave it. It's 1985 all over again, baby!

I can't wait to play the Wii myself :D

zodttd
December 27th, 2006, 14:23
I really would love to do homebrew on the Nintendo Wii. My only concern is if it isn't possible soon enough, then it might never pick up. I would of liked to see the Nintendo DS' community get larger, but the Wii has a huge potential for getting people who never heard of homebrew to give it a try.

I have a feeling Opera will shine some light on Wii homebrew.

EDIT: Dreamcast!

emuking
December 28th, 2006, 12:44
the wii might be my favorite console now, my old one was ironically the ps2! i know for shame but i loved it! :D

VampDude
December 28th, 2006, 21:35
the wii might be my favorite console now, my old one was ironically the ps2! i know for shame but i loved it! :D

shame on you, I hated the PS2! lol

HitmanRotto
January 3rd, 2007, 09:05
I don't mean to be rude or anything but from my experience playing the Nintendo Wii it seems as if a lot (if not all of the titles) seem to have numerous control issues. Any of you guys feel the same way?