PDA

View Full Version : Lemmings DS v3 Released

wraggster
December 27th, 2006, 01:14
Oh yeah you heard right, Lemmings has arrived on the DS in another excellent release for the Nintendo DS Homebrew Scene.

Heres all the info from the official site (http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/archives/2006-12-26/A6/)

Well folks, it’s been tough, but I think it’s finally ready…

Today, I present to you:

Lemmings DS v3, an open-source port of the Lemmings game engine for the Nintendo DS, written in C++. (Based off the Amiga version.)

Lemmings DS Builder v3, an open-source Lemmings DS level editor for Windows, written using the Allegro library.

Lemmings DS Custom Level Utility, an open-source utility for attaching levels to a Lemmings DS Rom so they can be played on hardware.
These, and their associated source code, can all be found in the LemProject Downloads section in the panel to the right.

I’m afraid I can’t offer you all of the original Lemmings levels yet (they’re not even slightly compatible), but you’ve got everything you need to start making your own levels. I’ve begun writing some documentation in the LemProject Documentation. Head to the MrDictionary.net forum to share your created levels with other Lemmings players, and to discuss additions and revisions to the code!

Download and Give Feedback via comments on another excellent release for the Nintendo DS

cloud_952
December 27th, 2006, 08:33
=D Lemmings is so awesome! It'll be even more so on the DS. ^_^ I'm personally thrilled about this release.

rigor
December 27th, 2006, 13:06
Oh yeah I love the Lemmings ! It make me remember my childhood in the early 90's when I played this game (and the others Lemmings) on my Amiga 500...

valo85
December 27th, 2006, 15:04
XD wow! I used to spend so much time playing lemmings on my megadrive all those years ago and now i've got a decent port for my DS :)

I think i owe the author a beer ;)

Olly
December 28th, 2006, 14:42
Lemmings is awesome, and the fact that I can now play it on my DS is even more awesome :thumbup:

james_bland
December 28th, 2006, 14:53
quality, i wondered if any one was gonna make this. Any links to levels that people have bulit??

toymin80r
December 28th, 2006, 18:40
So no mmd support?