PDA

View Full Version : Wagic project on hold

wraggster
July 2nd, 2012, 12:54
Hey guys, I am a bit sad to announce that as of today, we don’t have a single active dev in the Wagic team. Those of you who have been following the SVN might also have noticed that there hasn’t been any significant activity in the past months.

What this means is that we don’t have any plan to make a new Wagic release in the foreseeable future. Nobody will be fixing bugs officially either.

Still alive and kicking

But does this mean the project is dead? No. For one, I still plan to work on it, “one day”, when my free time and priorities shift again (for now, my main interest is in the Sony scene). But more importantly, we still have a very active community on the Wagic forums, that can help you with your issues, and constantly creates new content: new cards, new themes, mods, etc… This is where all the action will be for now, and this is where I suggest you go if you have questions about Wagic.

Wagic is not your typical “it was promising but will never be complete” type of homebrew. Since day one, it was a complete game with goals, victories, stuff to unlock, customizations…, and over the past 4 years, we’ve kept adding to it, while always maintaining a high quality bar. The latest challenge for Wagic was a port to android and iOS. We somewhat succeeded, even though we would have loved to see improvements in the interface.

Nevertheless, as I type this, Wagic is by very far the best MTG “simulation” (I don’t like to call Wagic an MTG simulation because it is much more than that) you can get on iOS and android, including official commercial products.

Wagic is far from dead. The latest version, 0.18.6, still runs perfectly fine on a wide range of devices. It is available on the PSP, the Vita (if you have VHBL), Android, iOS, Nokia phones, Windows, and Linux. It supports more than 9000 cards out of the official total of 13’000 MTG cards. It is available in many languages, and open source.

http://wololo.net/2012/07/01/wagic-project-on-hold/