PDA

View Full Version : Demo PS3 Units freeze on Purpose

wraggster
December 28th, 2006, 23:52
via slashdot (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/27/1354222)

A Sony rep has claimed to Destructoid that demo PS3 units in kiosks across the country were built to freeze up on purpose. From the article: "We do that so that people won't play it all day long," he explained. "Specifically during Motorstorm, we made it freeze up a lot

jme
December 29th, 2006, 00:09
lol wat a ****ing big fat steaming pile of bullshit!

ninja9393
December 29th, 2006, 00:55
okay, there just trying to make us think that the ps3 isnt buggy

VampDude
December 29th, 2006, 01:10
could be so, but then again SONY could just be saying that to cover the fact that their machine is'nt so perfect!

freitax
December 29th, 2006, 02:10
it does sound like bs, but again
I didn't heard no complain of ps3 freezes. And if they really did that, thats just stupid of sony cuz it will always make people think the ps3 is buggy, who is running sony?a retard?borat's brother?

the_eternal_dark
December 29th, 2006, 05:52
it does sound like bs, but again
I didn't heard no complain of ps3 freezes. And if they really did that, thats just stupid of sony cuz it will always make people think the ps3 is buggy, who is running sony?a retard?borat's brother?

But I have heard reports of PS3's becoming overly hot, almost too hot to keep your hand on the case.

I do think this is most likely BS. I can't really even believe what Sony says anymore...

LilSwish722
December 29th, 2006, 06:58
hmmm that could explain why motorstorm froze up when i was playing it. but sony is full of bs anyways. so idk

MZeroEW2
December 29th, 2006, 21:08
hmm lol well at least my PS3 has never frozen, not once. so i belive it. and yes they do get hot but not as hot as you would think

UchihaSasuke
December 29th, 2006, 21:28
Does Sony Thinks with the a** or something?

scottyboynow
December 29th, 2006, 22:01
there all just a bunch of yes men

jonezybaby
December 29th, 2006, 23:13
sony prob would do that cus there all t*****s and dont no wats best for ppl!! gives us homebrew on psp and we might consider forgiving you for alot of things!!!!!

the_eternal_dark
December 30th, 2006, 02:10
sony prob would do that cus there all t*****s and dont no wats best for ppl!! gives us homebrew on psp and we might consider forgiving you for alot of things!!!!!

I'd say scratch the homebrew idea and give us better games (like Resident Evil). Well, nevermind, they kinda already did... Lol!

Nevermind, thanks Sony!

alucard001
December 30th, 2006, 02:53
lol

Elven6
December 30th, 2006, 03:11
Bull SHit, anyone who belives it is a idiot!

jdnation
December 30th, 2006, 03:38
I believe Sony and to date there have been no reports of PS3s crashing.

I remember playing N64 in Toys'R'Us and it would do the same thing, except when the screen went blank, the N64 would also say, "Hey! It's-a-me! Mario! Thank you for playing Nintendo 64! Who's Next?!" And the 64 would start up again.

But I guess all the Sony hate propaganda has gotten to quite a lot of people's heads where they'll just close their ears and go "La-la-la!"

Typical... just shows how ignorant most of you are...

the_eternal_dark
December 30th, 2006, 09:25
I believe Sony and to date there have been no reports of PS3s crashing.

I remember playing N64 in Toys'R'Us and it would do the same thing, except when the screen went blank, the N64 would also say, "Hey! It's-a-me! Mario! Thank you for playing Nintendo 64! Who's Next?!" And the 64 would start up again.

But I guess all the Sony hate propaganda has gotten to quite a lot of people's heads where they'll just close their ears and go "La-la-la!"

Typical... just shows how ignorant most of you are...

Not really... 360s did it for a while in stores as well, except they had the pretty ring of lights to let you know it was f*cked up. I don't think Sony actually would implement such a thing. Did you seriously create an account to call people ignorant?

BTW, I love Sony, but they lie too much.

December 30th, 2006, 13:37
I really don't believe this. Destructoid looks like another site pumping out recycled anti-Sony propaganda. Let's take a few of their previous article titles: "Do you enjoy console shortages? Get used to it" and "Hey you! TIME magazine hates the PS3 too!" Right guys, that looks like level headed news reporting to me! :rolleyes:

By the way, has anyone actually seen those demo kiosks? There's pretty much no ventilation, of course its going to overheat and crash.

jdnation
December 30th, 2006, 20:16
Not really... 360s did it for a while in stores as well, except they had the pretty ring of lights to let you know it was f*cked up. I don't think Sony actually would implement such a thing. Did you seriously create an account to call people ignorant?

BTW, I love Sony, but they lie too much.

Well actually I did, well not to call anyone ignorant, but I was hoping someone else would point it out, when no one did I joined and I got carried away at the end. It's just frustrating how people just jump to conclusions without even considering it first, like some kind of hater knee-jerk reaction. So I guess my response was a sick and tired of haters knee-jerk reaction... my bad I guess.

And by the way, did the 360s that crashed start up again or did they permanently remain in the ring of light stage and could not be booted up again?

I can believe Sony did this reset on purpose to prevent people playing too long. The N64 did, all you'd have to do is build the Motorstorm demo so at a certain point of time it resets the system. I believe this only happens during the Motorstorm demo in the stores kiosks.

jdnation
December 30th, 2006, 20:19
I really don't believe this. Destructoid looks like another site pumping out recycled anti-Sony propaganda. Let's take a few of their previous article titles: "Do you enjoy console shortages? Get used to it" and "Hey you! TIME magazine hates the PS3 too!" Right guys, that looks like level headed news reporting to me! :rolleyes:

By the way, has anyone actually seen those demo kiosks? There's pretty much no ventilation, of course its going to overheat and crash.

Actually it seems the PS3s that you see in the glass case of the demo units are fake! It's just an empty shell. The real PS3 that you're playing is either behind the kiosk or elsewhere (follow the wires on the floor) in order to trick anyone who wants to steal the system from the glass case.

acn010
December 30th, 2006, 20:39
ok ok, now my ps3 is freezing, actually not but imagine, can i sue them?

December 30th, 2006, 21:29
Actually it seems the PS3s that you see in the glass case of the demo units are fake! It's just an empty shell. The real PS3 that you're playing is either behind the kiosk or elsewhere (follow the wires on the floor) in order to trick anyone who wants to steal the system from the glass case.

I know that already, its housed underneath. Which is an even smaller space.

Hobobo
December 30th, 2006, 23:26
lol wat a ****ing big fat steaming pile of bullshit!Quoted for the truth :3

s1k0
December 31st, 2006, 00:24
yeah there is a ps3 in future shop were i live and the ps3 was froozen in a game and it was a black screen.
PLAYSTATION 3 SUCKS!!!:P

the_eternal_dark
December 31st, 2006, 20:17
And by the way, did the 360s that crashed start up again or did they permanently remain in the ring of light stage and could not be booted up again?

Some may have, I guess it depends on how bad it was damaged by the heat. I only played the demo 360 for about 10 minutes at ebgames. But playing the PS3, during demo play (for about 12 minutes) the game became incredibly laggy and then it shut down. This may be a console safety feature rather than one to prevent people from playing all day (if that is even true though).

*edit* I do have a 360, btw. I'll also be getting a PS3 when they are more readily available.

MattZani
January 1st, 2007, 14:13
one would assume its a safety feature, so that no permanent damage is caused, it seems strange that it just shuts down, maybe firmware has fixed this so that you can save.

Matt

jonezybaby
January 1st, 2007, 15:52
I'd say scratch the homebrew idea and give us better games (like Resident Evil). Well, nevermind, they kinda already did... Lol!

Nevermind, thanks Sony!

or like they did with resi 1 (remade on gamecube) do that on psp, with all of them!!

resi 0,1,2,3,4 & CV-X. And Remake FF7,8 & 9!

mike03$$$
January 4th, 2007, 01:26
My ps3 never froze at this moment and if anyone would like to help me with ps3 linux cause I don't have a dvd burner