PDA

View Full Version : ridge racer jap+us connection

penners
March 30th, 2005, 23:13
We have two jap psps, one with us ridge racer and one with jap ridge racer. I can not get them to see each other in wireless mode (set as Ad Hoc). Has any one else got around this problem or do both ridge racers have to be the same ie jap or us.
many thanks
Penners

meloe
March 31st, 2005, 01:06
Same region unfortunately m8

Vimes220
March 31st, 2005, 07:58
so i won't be able to Challenge fellow UK gamers with my US games when the PSP comes out this year?

meloe
March 31st, 2005, 09:52
correct

penners
April 2nd, 2005, 12:55
i have tried two copies of US ridge racer in two JAP psps and the game connects fine. I wonder how many games when useing one US and one JAP will not connect, I'am sure some will have to work.
Also my daughters got a nintendo DS and ridge racer connects to six machines useing six different cars useing only one copy of the game, lets hope the psp follows this idea soon.

Penners

meloe
April 2nd, 2005, 12:59
yea thats works m8, but if u have a US version of RR in one PSP and a Jap version of RR in abother PSP it wont work

judge
April 2nd, 2005, 18:41
So when the psp finally hit europe will i be able to play against psp users with my japanese PSP? To me this sounds ridiculous. Why did Sony make the PSPs not region locked for games but Jap users cannot play againt US users.

judge
April 3rd, 2005, 16:02
What about Jap PSP and Ridge Racer and a English PSP and RR when it ever comes out.

unsungzero
April 3rd, 2005, 16:20
Another reason although it may not be correct is the fact that each version differs, the US version has a new max tour mode.. and the english version may end up having more cars or somethin, also the language/region has somethin to do with it too.

Huckleberry_Fin
April 4th, 2005, 14:43
Both versions of the games have to be from the same region in order for them to 'see' each other. Although the game is the same because of the language differences the coding is completely different and that's what knackers it up.

Vimes220
April 4th, 2005, 15:38
SO IN SUMMARY, IT DON'T MATTER WHERE YOUR psp IS FROM JUST WHAT REGION YOUR GAME IS. US rIDGE RACER CAN PLAY US RIGE RACER

Huckleberry_Fin
April 4th, 2005, 15:42
Yes, that's the one. All the PSP's can see each other it's just the games that have trouble talking to each other if they are from different regions.

Vimes220
April 4th, 2005, 18:04
If it is a language thing, will US games be able to comunicate with UK games?

also does this mean that save games can't be swaped for US and JAP and UK versions.

Don't want to build a huge collection of multiplayer games if i can't challenge anyone

Huckleberry_Fin
April 5th, 2005, 14:04
I'm not sure whether US and UK games will communicate, no ones been able to test it yet. Not sure if there are any differences with the UK and US games. I know that the JPN's use the 'O' button to OK everything where as we use the 'X' button, hence why if you have a JPN PSP you have to press 'O' to enter all the menus in 'Home' area of your PSP, very annoying when you've been pressing 'X' since the PS1 came out!

I do know that game save data from JPN games will NOT work on US games and US game save data will NOT work on a JPN game.

Once again I've not heard if US game save will work on a UK game. Though thinking about it don't they only catagorise games into JPN and ENG language, surely all US games would fall under the ENG catagory?