PDA

View Full Version : psp- computer

calebg
December 29th, 2006, 23:20
would there be any way to use your computer moniter as a psp screen via usb. im wondering because my screen is broken and i cant get a new one right now so i can only listen to music.( because i heve to listen to the sounds to operate;) ) so i was wondering if this would be possible or if someone with programming experience could do it ( it is also a cheaper version of psp2tv but its a computer:) )

F9zDark
December 30th, 2006, 05:53
Theoretically it would be possible, so long as you can run homebrew.

There is an app that allows you to view your computer screen on your PSP; it could surely be programmed the other way around and the 'server' could load itself into PSP memory on execute and remain there until the PSP is turned off.

A program on the computer could make the connection and display it in a window on the computer screen.

It would work through wifi however, not USB. If it was done, you'd need a router to get it working right.

sony.1991
December 30th, 2006, 06:08
If you can run homebrew then here's a tutorial:

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/195/62/

although it won't work on video.

nickwarr_182
January 30th, 2007, 10:31
I would say it's very very hard to do, and would involve months of research and coding. What would be very good is getting a TV monitor, like mine, and using something like PSP2TV, although it doesn't work through USB.

csd-san
January 30th, 2007, 18:43
Does USB have enough bandwidth to support something like this? I've always figured that monitors don't run via USB for a reason >.>