PDA

View Full Version : VHBL 154-TC For Super Collapse 3, by TheCobra

wraggster
July 12th, 2012, 13:56
via http://wololo.net/2012/07/11/release-vhbl-154-tc-for-super-collapse-3-by-thecobra/

This is an “official-unofficial” release for you guys who are still lucky enough to be on 1.67 and run VHBL on the Super Collapse 3 exploit.

TheCobra released today an updated version of VHBL for this exploit. This is an official build because theCobra is the one who initially ported VHBL to this exploit, but “unofficial” in a way because the sources are not available yet, and I haven’t had the opportunity to test it on a Vita (I’m on 1.69 now…). That being said, it worked fine on my PSP, and several users have reported a better experience than the previous release (understand: better stability) overall in some games such as Jelly Car or Lamecraft.

The idea behind the fix is that theCobra hooked a bunch of functions with a generic “ok” response instead of having HBL trying to estimate their syscall. What this means is that these functions will not work, but at least they won’t crash. Depending on the function, and on how well the homebrew handles errors, this can lead to less crashes overall.

Download Via Comments