PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo MP3 Player Review

wraggster
December 31st, 2006, 15:25
via gamebrink (http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/2312-Nintendo_MP3_Player-reviews.html)

Once plugged in you can turn on your game player and select to run the GBA cartridge if you’re using a DS. You’ll then have the option of choosing a thin dude or Mario to be your MP3 player mascot. Left and right on the D-Pad moves the character up and down the steps and selects the song associated with the current step. Press the A button to play and pause and even make your chosen character dance. And if you haven’t plugged in your headphones get ready for horrible music coming through your DS’ speakers.

How to make them dance.

Yeah so the DS’ speakers mangle any and all MP3’s. Plug your headphones into the DS’ headphone jack and it’s just as bad. Plug your headphones into the Nintendo MP3 Player headphone jack and it sounds perfect. Yep, even with all these quirks the sound quality is absolutely perfect and crystal clear. As your songs play you can tap the A button in different patterns to make your character do different dance moves and even bring out his or her friends on the vacant steps. It’s amusing for about 5 seconds.

Import Friendly?

It’s from the UK.

Pros
Crystal clear sound
You can make Mario dance
Cons
No headphones included
No SD card included
No playlists
Sticks out from your DS
Doesn’t support GBA or GBA SP
MP3 player controls are barebones

Full review at link above

LilSwish722
January 1st, 2007, 22:10
yea. they tried this once for GBA and it only held 32MB, it sucked badly. i dont think this will be much better,

KaMiKaZeKrUsH
January 5th, 2007, 15:25
I live in UK and decided to buy one after my last MP3 player packed in. It's cost me around £50 as I had to also buy an SD card (Went for 1Gb). As it says in the review the music is not great through the speakers of your DS, it's the same quality as an MP3 played on a modern cell phone so the extra £5 for a set of head phones is well worth it.
The one thing thats really let me down with this is that there is no use for the L and R buttons. It may seem minor but the only way to skip tracks is by opening your DS and switching them with the D-Pad. Not fun if it's sitting in your inside pocket and you're waiting at the bus stop in the rain.