PDA

View Full Version : New wrist straps in the mail slowly ariving

wraggster
January 1st, 2007, 10:37
via wiin (http://wiin.willu.net/328/new-wrist-straps-in-the-mail-slowly-ariving-nintendo-gives-a-3-language-safety-warning/)

Nintendo gives a 3 language safety warning
For those that have ordered replacement wrist straps, shipments have started to arrive across America in the mail.

Well packed in nice bubble wrap, and identical to the original straps, except the cord that attaches to the remote is thicker and stiffer. Other than that as pictures have suggested earlier I can assure you that the rest of the strap is unchanged.

The straps also come packed with yet another warning from Nintendo! And not just any well packed warnings but in three languages no less; Stressing how to ensure an “enjoyable and safe play experience.”

I really do suggest putting this warning away in a safe place it will become a piece of Nintendo memorabilia and when you look back through gaming history you can say- “I was there when people broke their televisions in the name of Gaming”

The new three language safety warning on how to play safe is as follows:

Before setup and use of the Wii system, please review this safety information to insure an enjoyable and safe play experience.

1) Wear the wrist strap when using the Wii Remote.
Make sure all players use the wrist strap and that the strap lock is correctly tightened. When sharing the Wii Remote between multiple players, make sure each person using the remote properly uses the wrist strap. Wearing the wrist strap will prevent you from accidentally dropping or throwing the remote during game play which could damage the remote or surrounding objects, or cause injury to other people.

2) Do not let go of the remote during game play.
For example, in a game like Wii Sports bowling, the ball is thrown by simply releasing the B Button on the remote, not by letting go of the remote! Hold the remote securely and avoid excessive motion during game play. If your hands become moist, stop and dry your hands. Excessive motion may cause you to let go of the remote and may break the wrist strap.

3) Allow adequate room around you during game play.
Stay at least three (3) feet away from the television. Make sure objects and other people are out of your range of movement or arm motion to prevent damage or injury.

VampDude
January 1st, 2007, 15:05
1) lmao, my wrist strap is loose even when I try and decapitate my arm with it

2) only an idiot would let go

gotmilk0112
January 1st, 2007, 15:29
1) lmao, my wrist strap is loose even when I try and decapitate my arm with it

2) only an idiot would let go

SO TRUE!

that safety company is trying to sue nintendo because they think that the wrist strap is a "defect" but the REAL defect is the brains of the idiots that throw there wiimotes. :mad:

the_eternal_dark
January 1st, 2007, 23:28
SO TRUE!

that safety company is trying to sue nintendo because they think that the wrist strap is a "defect" but the REAL defect is the brains of the idiots that throw there wiimotes. :mad:

Not only that, there are warning screens all over the Wii that state to hold the remote securely and to tighten the strap and use the remote with care.

People looking for a quick buck, like people suing Michael Jackson.

bandit
January 2nd, 2007, 02:18
I have review and scan of the warning that was included.

the_eternal_dark
January 3rd, 2007, 07:56
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1537176115278018408&q=wii+strap+breaking&hl=en

Seriously.... Duh.

Like I said before, morons deserve to have their stuff broken. 9000 mph is bad for anything.

Excuses excuses....

bobcobb
January 4th, 2007, 00:46
I've got me strap already. Still no broken TVs. I guess it helps not playing the wii with flailing retards.