PDA

View Full Version : PocketBeeB v1.01

wraggster
March 31st, 2005, 19:38
Quirky has released a new version of his BBC Micro emulator for the Gameboy Advance and also the Gamecube via the Gameboy Player and the Nintendo DS (via the GBA Cartridge slot), heres the news from this release:

<BLOCKQUOTE>Version 1.01 has a few minor changes. The biggest change is the sound emulation, which now includes emulation of the individual channel volumes. Exile sounds better!

A spinoff version dubbed (by me) the "Elite Special" is also available. This includes 1770 emulation, vital for Elite and Elite-A, plus several hacks to get the screen split and colours sort of correct-ish. Download it if you fancy a novelty, but be warned that the speed isn't 100% and a great deal of patience is needed for the disc loading! It will emulate other games too, but due to the hacks there may be strange errors. I recommend at least trying Elite-A in it, available from Ian Bell's website.

Finally, I've sorted the source code out too, and uploaded it. I need to fix my general library - for doing things like screen set up, basic sprites, etc - as it is required and I don't know if this will compile with the version I have on my site already. If you are interested in this, email me, otherwise I'll assume no one cares! </BLOCKQUOTE>

Download <a href="http://gbaemu.dcemu.co.uk/pocketbeeb.shtml" target="_blank" >Here</a>.