PDA

View Full Version : Popstation incompatibility list

O-bake
January 2nd, 2007, 14:14
Hey,

Since more and more games seem to crash during the game, i would apreciate an incompatibility list just to see the games which are not fully playable on the psp.

i mean, many people just start a psx game, go past the intro screen and report it as "fully working". but as we see examples like resident evil 3, chrono trigger, (and maybe some multidisk games), many games are not fully playable, even if they boot and start properly.

so by looking in the "compatibility list"-thread, i can find many games as "fully working", wich is not true.

by making a list the other way round (incompatibility), this mistake won't occur.

it even would be interesting for multi-disk games, as some may not be playable past disk1 (except using a pc emulator).

what do you think?

Gold Line
January 2nd, 2007, 14:30
well most pal games crash

Oraichu
January 2nd, 2007, 16:29
Even if converted to NTSC with a iso-editer before converting to .PBP?

PSX2PSP 0.6 got the box you can check off "PAL 2 NTSC", so asumed converted PAL games would work just as fine as NTSC.

SketchPCIS
January 2nd, 2007, 20:56
the convertor dosen't work that well, to be honest, but there are several stand alone programs I use (P4U and Zapper) that work very well to convert from PAL>NTSC and vice-versa

O-bake
January 2nd, 2007, 22:59
Grrr...
Pal->NTSC converting is absolutely not the point of this thread.

I thought that i might be usuful to list games, which become unplayable/crash but were listed as "fully working" before.

Tinnus
January 3rd, 2007, 02:41
Final Fantasy 8 has crashes seldom.

Tony Hawk's 1, 2 & 3 (that I tried) have graphics problems inside the levels. Tony 3 crashed in some seconds & Tony 2 was also a little jumping (timing seemed to be wrong).

Baboon
January 3rd, 2007, 12:14
I cant get my R-type Delta and Sexy Parodius to work, they just crash after it getw to the Sony screen. :(

GT2, Strider 2 and Thrill Kill work 100% spot on though! :)