PDA

View Full Version : What's your username mean?

Kramer
January 2nd, 2007, 14:28
Mine is just my last name and most of my mates call me kramer sooo, yeah.. that's why I used it.

What does yours mean or stand for?

dejkirkby
January 2nd, 2007, 14:30
Mine is a composite of my forename initials and my surname dej + kirkby = dejkirkby:cool:

JKKDARK
January 2nd, 2007, 15:03
Mi initials and a random word ;)

Kramer
January 2nd, 2007, 15:26
Mi initials and a random word ;)

Woah your initials are almost the same as mine, mine are JLK.

splodger15
January 2nd, 2007, 15:36
mine is something my dad used to call me

mcvader
January 2nd, 2007, 15:57
a bunch of us had Mc names back in high school, my fat friend was McRibb, my friend who got all the girls was McChick, mine was McVader because I had tree-huggin-hippie hair back then and my shadow looked like vaders (it was bad hair;).

Mark30001
January 2nd, 2007, 17:05
I had created a TalkCity.com chat account many years ago. I tried to register as Mark, but its first suggestion was Mark30001. So I chose it!

Some people think it corresponds to the Sony Playstation 2's SCPH-30001, however, that is not the case since the name was created before the PS2 was even released. ;)

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2007, 17:25
Mine, I just made that off from the number plate of a 210 bus.

VampDude
January 2nd, 2007, 18:03
mine is because im a Vampire, and all th good names on another site were taken (by non-Vampires) so I created the name VampDude out've the 8 letter name allocation!

jman420
January 2nd, 2007, 18:34
my first inatial, followed by man (as I'ma dude) followed by the three numbers representing the stoner communinty lol...

plus I always thought that the numbers 420 looked cool... just in general its a cool looking set of numbers...

and because Jman has always been my name on RuneScape

splodger15
January 2nd, 2007, 18:50
and because Jman has always been my name on RuneScape

I used to play that game.

abeisgreat
January 2nd, 2007, 19:13
My user name is simply describing be, just jokin Im not that great

baracki96
January 2nd, 2007, 19:25
My Great Grand Fathers nickname he used to have in WWII minus the 96, his name was Major Morris.

ExcruciationX
January 2nd, 2007, 19:29
Nothing really.

gunntims0103
January 2nd, 2007, 19:35
my user name is combined from this book, i googled gun and tinberlands and got that book then used it as my user name.

http://images.contentreserve.com/ImageType-100/0111-1/%7B01439DFF-0CFB-4D63-BF96-4D2CD86ACD86%7DImg100.jpg

Thats basically what my user name means :)

the 0103 is my birthday!

Accordion
January 2nd, 2007, 19:47
hmm, i couldnt think of anything for a while..and i used to play the accordion [ for about 3 months]

and i thought it sounded like some kind of stupid superhero...

then i spelt it wrong, and i turned 18 and all went downhill... but labels don't mean anything...do they

the_eternal_dark
January 3rd, 2007, 06:44
I don't know what my name really means. I love darkness, and sometimes I just wish it would be dark forever, unless I want to play some football (American "foot"ball and soccer, which ever anyone wants to play). Yeah.... That could be it.

quzar
January 3rd, 2007, 08:50
Well, back in... 98 when I got my first email account I tried to think of something cool and interesting to use. A stray though crossed my mind, which was quasars, which are really interesting and the brightest one ever had been discovered earlier that year. So I took Quasar, threw out the as and put in a z. Hence Quzar was born.

shadowprophet
January 3rd, 2007, 09:19
I got my name from final fantasy eleven.
We had an entire shadow clan.

Shadowolf, Shadowangel, shadowthief, Shadowblaze, Shadowpaws, Shadowlady, Shadownixus and shadowprophet.

The clan sharply devided when Shadowkardis joined.
She was one of those flirty ditsy chicks and lady couldnt stand her. So they always ended up argueing.

I didnt want the clan to break up. But lady and kardis took as many members as they could when they left to create seperate clans.

This only left me with angel and blaze. The clan was destroied:o So I took My armor and weapons and sold them for every penny I could get at auction.
Gave all clan rights to Blaze, and Gave all items and money to Angel. Left and never once thought about that devil game ever again:rofl:

Till this day, MMorpgs still disgust me.
To get really into a game and have it fall apart because people cant get along.. Hells no.
Online and Rpgs just dont mix..

January 3rd, 2007, 09:24
Mine is after one of the best drum machines ever made, the Roland TR808.

penileartery
January 3rd, 2007, 09:30
well mine was Frank-o. but i lost the password to that and didnt know how to recover it. lol but penileartery was something funny that came to the top of my head. :D:D lol

bah
January 3rd, 2007, 10:11
It means I'm lazy and wanted that homebrew app download quickly more than i wanted a good nick :)

Although I guess a dismissive grunt suits my personality quite well.

SiZiOUS
January 3rd, 2007, 10:40
mine is a random word :D

mikebeaver
January 3rd, 2007, 13:41
Mine is my name, plus the name of a night club/bar I used to run in Ibiza.
There are so ,many people out there with the same name that you tend to get labled by the place you work.

bullhead
January 3rd, 2007, 14:41
Bullshit/shithead/////bullhead

Kramer
January 3rd, 2007, 14:46
Bullshit/shithead/////bullhead

lol.:rofl:
Best one yet.

mine means a line that is gold get it?

:confused:Nope:confused:

Gold Line
January 3rd, 2007, 15:38
mine means a line that is gold get it?

DPyro
January 3rd, 2007, 15:56
I was in a Quake 3 clan. My name was originally DPyro from my old hotmail account. Pyro cause I like to play with fire and D (as in the) because someone had already taken [email protected]. I later changed my name to $n!p3r but later on we started to mess around with our colour theme. The colours didn't work for me cause I had too many letters so I dropped the 3 and became $n!pR. I left it like that because it actually looks cooler :p

mexicansnake
January 3rd, 2007, 16:35
Have you ever heard about that TV show: "The Contender". It was a boxing program, and the winner´s nickname was "LatinSnake", I liked the nickname and I changed it to MexicanSnake.

Destroyer699
January 3rd, 2007, 16:43
I played few games at the time and therefore, didn't really need a nickname, I usually just used my name. Later, I came to be Destroyer. When I started playing online games, I quickly realized I couldn't be Destroyer. I picked the first one they gave me, Destroyer69.

A few weeks later I realized I was not the only person with a "69" after there name, so I added another 9 and Destroyer699 was born.

And I still can barlely get Destroyer on IRC, so I go with DCDestroy or DCDestroyer there.

Junixx
January 3rd, 2007, 18:20
Mine was a name that just randomly thought up to play a game i thought i would never play after one night when i got bored in a hotel, go figure its runescape. After that i started signing up for other games and the name just kinda came along with me...

My OTHER name though, Junixx, was originally Junipus..it was a combination of the name Juno and Lupus from Jet Force Gemini. You can easily figure out why i changed it to "JuniXX though

Xiofire
January 3rd, 2007, 18:56
Cant really remember where mine came from, but its unique, and i lyk it.
-Xiofire
PS- Its said Zeofire, many people say Eggz-e-o-fire

Malksta
January 3rd, 2007, 19:23
Malk1th was the name I used when playing Counter-Strike and later on when i joined this site It became Malkster :D

DPyro
January 3rd, 2007, 19:41
too cool for school
LOL! :rofl:

mesosade
January 3rd, 2007, 19:46
i tried to sign up as marmalade :P kind of like altered it a bit :P

irondirgible
January 3rd, 2007, 21:29
Led Zeppelin = Lead Zeppelin

I put the name into my synonym machine, misspelled "dirigible" and that was that.

Junixx
January 3rd, 2007, 21:46
PS- Its said Zeofire, many people say Eggz-e-o-fire

Oh i always pronounced it Zigh-oh-fire

JKKDARK
January 3rd, 2007, 22:53
Led Zeppelin = Lead Zeppelin

I put the name into my synonym machine, misspelled "dirigible" and that was that.

led zeppelin rocks :D

TacticalBread
January 5th, 2007, 00:50
Mine is a randomly generated XBOX Live name :D

Video_freak
January 5th, 2007, 01:55
My sister says I'm a video game freak, but that would have been too long. So I shortened it to Video_freak.

Anger
January 5th, 2007, 02:13
mister imagination here
3 guesses what mines is all about :P

ninja9393
January 5th, 2007, 03:28
I have mine because im the 9393rd best ninja in all the land

but really i just like ninja movies and 1993 was the year i played my first video game. I tried ninja93 on this site but it was taken so i added another 93

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 03:33
LOL i mite aswell say mine but its lame...

When i was at school i went to hessle and i loved it and got this username to get into the PCs at school.

Then my mother decided we was going to move and i was half way thu my GCSEs, i was only in year 10 and moved to kelvin after 2 months of being there i didnt find one friend... so i never went back, i have no qualifications. haha silly me,

So i was sitting there in my room trying to think of a username for myself and thought of this... pt9087

Zargon
January 5th, 2007, 04:22
Mine started off as Sieg since I had heard that name and it sounded cool. Zargon just came to me one day and sounded cool. I still use Sieg every now and then, but the one guaranteed not used when signing up for an account is nograZgeiS. That's both of my names together backwards.

stop people using the word noob
noob:p

S34MU5
January 7th, 2007, 04:03
Mine is kinda crappy verison of 1337 (leet)

S34MU5 = Seamus

which is my name, you pronounce it Shay-mus for all you non scots out there

gamerremag
January 7th, 2007, 04:41
uh, mine is gamerremag, because, uh, im horrible at making names so i just picked what i do, then put it backwards :) :(

Video_freak
January 7th, 2007, 05:56
Dude gamerremag, that's brilliant! :)

lmtlmt
January 7th, 2007, 08:55
who wants to know what mine means?

Kramer
January 7th, 2007, 08:57

Me, that's why I started this thread;) lol.

dejkirkby
January 7th, 2007, 09:05

I think you have told me before but I kinda forgot. Refresh my memory dude.

lakirkby
January 7th, 2007, 09:26
mine is my two initials then my surname kirkby.

lmtlmt
January 7th, 2007, 10:30
Me, that's why I started this thread;) lol.

I think you have told me before but I kinda forgot. Refresh my memory dude.

well my intials are lmt and 3 is too short for a forum name so i just double it quite simply really, many people think it is some complex name but its not:p
so now you all know:thumbup:

ps and for those who dont know you say it as L M T L M T :)

i had a feeling you started this thread just to find out what mine ment ;)

AtariFreek
January 7th, 2007, 19:08
I use my name everywhere. Just google it lol. But it originated from me being a freak and the fact that i love atari. My old names on Atari's website and QJ include
Atarifreak, T3H @T@R1FR33|<, AtariFr33k, and finally , AtariFreek.

the_eternal_dark
January 7th, 2007, 20:31
well my intials are lmt and 3 is too short for a forum name so i just double it quite simply really, many people think it is some complex name but its not:p
so now you all know:thumbup:

ps and for those who dont know you say it as L M T L M T :)

i had a feeling you started this thread just to find out what mine ment ;)

L M T - I'm wanting to let you all know, if it is what I think it is, it's kinda gross and I believe there is a website named after it.

*Hint* Lick my t**nt.

lmtlmt
January 8th, 2007, 00:05
well i can assure you that is not my name ;)

the_eternal_dark
January 8th, 2007, 19:39
well i can assure you that is not my name ;)

http://www.lickmytaint.com/

Are you sure? It fits the initials.

What does it mean then? Now I'm curious..

lmtlmt
January 9th, 2007, 00:33
my first name, my middle name and my last name

SSaxdude
January 9th, 2007, 00:56
I play the saxophone

TacticalBread
January 9th, 2007, 01:00
Mine is kinda crappy verison of 1337 (leet)

S34MU5 = Seamus

which is my name, you pronounce it Shay-mus for all you non scots out there

lolol. that's my cat's name :p

lmtlmt
January 9th, 2007, 01:08
here bread better use this a sur sig or you'll get in trouble sorrt :(
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2931/zitherunqv9.png

NoQuarter
January 9th, 2007, 01:28
Mine's a quote from the kungfu movie"prodigal son"
And I tend to be broke most of the time due to my electronics,coffee and smoking habits :(

AtariFreek
January 9th, 2007, 02:20
lol thtas pretty good NoQuarter. :D

JKKDARK
January 9th, 2007, 02:32
My username? First word of the dictionary

GobboFett
January 9th, 2007, 03:22
Mine's pretty simple really. My High School nick-name was Gobbo, which is short for Goblin-Boy and I loved Boba Fett (from Star Wars) so much when I was young so...GobboFett :p

the_eternal_dark
January 9th, 2007, 04:44
Mine's pretty simple really. My High School nick-name was Gobbo, which is short for Goblin-Boy and I loved Boba Fett (from Star Wars) so much when I was young so...GobboFett :p

Makes sense. Good name!

gdf
January 9th, 2007, 13:43
i got rogue squadron for my n64 and was young and accidentally entered my namer as gdf

GobboFett
January 9th, 2007, 13:55
Makes sense. Good name!

Cheers t_e_t :D

Apoklepz
January 9th, 2007, 15:08
My user name comes from way back when I used to tag walls with graffitti in my second year of high-school. It's a slang based word for Apocalypse, the dawn of Evil and rebirth of the world under darkness and chaos...at least I've always thought the sequence of letters I chose to portray in the short name where cool, so it's stuck with me for at least more than 10 years....It's all over my personal stuff like a plague...My PSP's name is ApoK, my cellular phone header is, guess what?

Yep, that about sums it up for my user name...

...Oh, it's also the sound a chicken makes when it's pissed. XD

Vega
January 9th, 2007, 23:39
Mine is kinda self explanatory, just a video game character. Though I chose Vega because at the our local arcade when I was little, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting cabinet just came in one day and I was stoked to play as Vega, since then he has been my favourite character in the series.

Just recently while googling for images of Vega to use in my sig, little did I know that Vega is a gay icon to homosexual gamers (no guff) , so I feel pretty dumb about it right now :D

JKKDARK
January 9th, 2007, 23:45
Mine is kinda self explanatory, just a video game character. Though I chose Vega because at the our local arcade when I was little, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting cabinet just came in one day and I was stoked to play as Vega, since then he has been my favourite character in the series.

Just recently while googling for images of Vega to use in my sig, little did I know that Vega is a gay icon to homosexual gamers (no guff) , so I feel pretty dumb about it right now :D

that's illegal

Vega
January 9th, 2007, 23:53
that's illegal

:confused:

pibs
January 10th, 2007, 00:44
Mine is just Bibbity villain from dbz combined with the first letter of my name P dropped the ity added a ster. No intentions in trying to copy Wraggster lol

wolfpack
January 10th, 2007, 02:03
mines wolfpack because im always around family or friends, and we all look out for each other

Apoklepz
January 10th, 2007, 18:32
Hey Vega....you know I recently read that Link, from Nintendo Zelda fame also appeals to the gay audience....So what? Just because Gay people like him doesn't imply you are gay because you like him, too....or does it? NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY Vega. lol Kidding.

Shilo
January 10th, 2007, 22:40
Shilo is my middle name and what I go by. I'm not good at making fancyfull user names.

Ommadon
January 12th, 2007, 11:11
There is movie "Flight of dragons". It's old movie but I like it. Ommadon is red wizard there. All in all he is bad guy! I like him :)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8008/1fz6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

scarph
January 12th, 2007, 11:15
My username? First word of the dictionary

i believe the first word in the dictionary would start with "a"

Vega
January 12th, 2007, 12:06
Hey Vega....you know I recently read that Link, from Nintendo Zelda fame also appeals to the gay audience....So what? Just because Gay people like him doesn't imply you are gay because you like him, too....or does it? NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY Vega. lol Kidding.

:rofl:

When I read that Vega was a gay icon, I was like "......what?" . Then I laughed for a while. Yet I must stress that I have nothing at all against homosexual gamers who find Link and Vega arousing . . . (!!!!)

Ommadon, yes, I remember Flight of the Dragons quite well. I had it video recorded when I was a youngster. Great movie.

JKKDARK
January 12th, 2007, 15:54
i believe the first word in the dictionary would start with "a"

My dictionary doesn't start with A

Insomniac197
January 12th, 2007, 18:10
<-- Doesn't sleep.

Kramer
January 12th, 2007, 18:18
<-- Doesn't sleep.

Cool just like me.
Too bad I have work in 3 and a half hours..

gdf
January 12th, 2007, 18:23
nae luck. hold on, isn't it like 4AM in ausralia

bullhead
January 12th, 2007, 18:32
So it seems he leaves work at half seven to be in work for 8 o'clock...

bull, x.

zx-81
January 12th, 2007, 18:53
Mine is the name of my first home computer, i mean a sinclair Zx 81 :)

Carter_23
January 15th, 2007, 14:07
There is movie "Flight of dragons". It's old movie but I like it. Ommadon is red wizard there. All in all he is bad guy! I like him :)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8008/1fz6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

My nick means my last name and age :)

Funny avatar. I thought you loaded something from "Flight of dragons". :D

It's necessary to learn to make animated gif too.:)

Kramer
January 15th, 2007, 14:19
nae luck. hold on, isn't it like 4AM in Australia

Yeah I think it was...

So it seems he leaves work at half seven to be in work for 8 o'clock...

bull, x.

Yep that's right, my boss picks me up:thumbup:

the_eternal_dark
January 16th, 2007, 04:14
Yep that's right, my boss picks me up:thumbup:

You're so lucky...

mexicansnake
January 16th, 2007, 05:29
Mine is the name of my first home computer, i mean a sinclair Zx 81 :)

That name sounds really interesting! :).

Ommadon
January 16th, 2007, 12:50
Funny avatar.

Hi Carter_23.
Thanks

It's necessary to learn to make animated gif too.:)

Why learn? I did this animated GIF without help and tutorials. I've just used video avatar (http://www.geovid.com/Video_Avatar) that's all.

If you wanna do GIF from video I suggest to try it. In my opinion even child can understand how it works.

Good luck :)

Carter_23
January 17th, 2007, 09:10
Hi Carter_23.
Thanks

Why learn? I did this animated GIF without help and tutorials. I've just used video avatar (http://www.geovid.com/Video_Avatar) that's all.

If you wanna do GIF from video I suggest to try it. In my opinion even child can understand how it works.

Good luck :)

Thank's for link. But actually I found this prog yesterday myself. That's funny.
Anyway thanks. I think I'll try it.

Yobumtin
January 22nd, 2007, 04:53
One day a loooong time ago I just said. Heeey guys. I'm tired of being called by my normal name. They're all "what do you want to be called? :s" I said very quickly. "Yobumtin" pronounced (YO-BOOM-TIN).

What an idiot I used to be :P. Its a sweet name though. *eyes roll*

iniquitous_beast
January 22nd, 2007, 05:23
Mine is simply a show of my devotion to the obscure word, iniquity.

This is actually an older screen name of mine. These days, on most forums, I go by Iniquitous.

mentalmummy
January 23rd, 2007, 21:27
Mine is because I have a nutty sense of humour and used to be into Egyptology (mental+mummy) :)

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 14:31
Mine is just my initials and my birthday, I know I have no imagination :rofl:

Good thread by the way, there are a lot of usernames on here that I am curious about. Come on Wraggster get on here!

VampDude
January 25th, 2007, 23:10
Come on Wraggster get on here!

He never post's here!

gr42178
January 26th, 2007, 01:27
He never post's here!

I know, hes way too busy, but it would be cool to find out what it means.

VampDude
January 26th, 2007, 02:08
I know, hes way too busy, but it would be cool to find out what it means.

PM and ask him! lol

Jack_Skellington
January 27th, 2007, 00:22
I am Jack Skellington, for I am the Pumkin King

Vendeta
January 27th, 2007, 17:40
Vendeta from V for Vendetta but i only use 1 t cause i like to be diffrent and it almost always assures me the same username on every site i join....