PDA

View Full Version : 2.80 To 2.71 Downgrader For TA-079 And TA-086 PSP's

splodger15
January 2nd, 2007, 15:41
Adding to the huge list of hacks and exploits in the last few weeks is another piece of work by 0okm, this time a firmware 2.80 to 2.71 Downgrader for TA-079 - TA-086 PSPs. What this means is that 2.80 people who're stuck with a TA-082 or TA-086 PSP can now downgrade to 2.71, and from there, downgrade to 1.5 using Dark_AleX's TA-082 downgrader. Once on 1.5, it has been proven that everyone - including TA-082ers - can upgrade to 3.02 OE-B and have all the fun that the rest of the PSP public is having.

But just like the last downgrader by 0okm, don't expect it to be as easy as a downgrader by Dark_AleX. He seems to be not releasing the downgrader in public: You have to mail him and ask for it.

To ready yourself for the downgrade, here's a list of things you need:

The latest PSARDumper.
Firmware 2.71 Update Eboot.
PBP Unpacker.
The actual downdater. (Available on request)
Download links to all of these are at the bottom of the article. Once you have all these things ready, you'll need to find a friend who has a PSP (with firmware 1.5/2.71 HEN-D/2.71 SE/3.02 OE), which can run PSARDumper and extract the DATA.PSAR file.

Here are the steps you need to take:

Open Firmware 2.71 Eboot in PBP Unpacker.

Extract the DATA.PSAR file somewhere on your PC and move it to the root of your Memory Stick. (On helper PSP with 1.5/2.71/2.71SE/3.02OE firmware)

Extract and run the latest PSARDumper on the helper PSP.

Press Circle when in PSARDumper to dump encrypted without sigcheck and dump reboot.bin.

Once the DATA.PSAR file has been dumped, move the newly created folder to the PSP which you want to downgrade.

Obtain the Downdater from 0okm and use the noobz team's xLoader to run the Downdater.

Here is the link to the 2.71 Eboot (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/525)

Here is 0okm's email address : [email protected]

Nikolaos
January 2nd, 2007, 16:00
this is very nice for them crappy motherboards from hell :) teach sony a lesson! *takes whip out*

scottyboynow
January 2nd, 2007, 16:49
Hope For A Easy Downdater

jak66
January 2nd, 2007, 17:11
nice find, now ta-082s on 2.80 can enjoy 3.02OE
(if you dont understand then 1. you dont deserve to know about homebrew and 2. 2.8+this=2.71+ta082dg=1.5+OEupdate=golden firmware)

blackrave
January 2nd, 2007, 18:20
This is really amazing! I can't believe how much great has been happening for unlucky PSP owners lately.

Can someone "higher up" change the topic name to "2.80 To 2.71 Downgrader for TA-079 - TA-086" instead?

carlitx
January 2nd, 2007, 18:28
All my friends are updateed to the latest fw so i guees im screwed:'( unless some one answers my plea in the help topic......

watupgroupie
January 2nd, 2007, 18:33
Oh man does anyone else have the feeling that this whole email ookm thing not gonna turn over well. Remeber the last time someone tried this. Carlitx i'd help you but it's a shame my bro updated to 3.02 or i'd for sure get those files for you.

DarthPaul
January 2nd, 2007, 18:38
omg! cool! now all of those bad luckies guys are safe!!! good luck ya'll ta-xxx'rs downgrading!

SnoopKatt
January 2nd, 2007, 18:48
Awesome, congrats for everyone who has success with it :)

wolfrainxd
January 2nd, 2007, 18:52
TA-082ers - can upgrade to 3.02 OE-B

Nice can 3.02 OE-B still plays homebrew and emulation?

Veskgar
January 2nd, 2007, 18:55
Carlitx i'd help you but it's a shame my bro updated to 3.02 or i'd for sure get those files for you.

What the hell is with people upgrading their PSP's? My brother bought a brand new PSP. It came with 2.71 & TA-082. SO what does he do? Upgrades it the second he pops in Socom 2.

If he only friggin waited a week he could have used Dark_AleX's TA-082 downgrader. Now he is stuck with a 2.81 TA-082 with 1 game (Socom 2) when he could have had thousands of games (homebrew/emulators/PSX) if he waited.

PEOPLE, STOP UPGRADING YOUR PSP!

If you are so intent on upgrading then wait for the PSP2 to come out and upgrade that all you want.

Anyway, its good to see 0okm still doing his thing. It has a Ripple effect. Its a real good sign when Ookm, Booster, & Dark_AleX are coming out with releases back-to-back.

Dark_AleX is already working on 3.03 OE-A -

mexicansnake
January 2nd, 2007, 18:55
TA-082ers - can upgrade to 3.02 OE-B

Nice can 3.02 OE-B still plays homebrew and emulation?

Yes it does:cool: .

carlitx
January 2nd, 2007, 19:05
i think my problem is solved guys:D

baracki96
January 2nd, 2007, 19:20
wow, seems like downgraders have been coming out left and right lately, awesome. Good luck to all those downgrading.

carlitx
January 2nd, 2007, 19:25
ya as soon as 0okm checks his F***king email iv been waiting scince this morning!

maly00
January 2nd, 2007, 19:59
Gerat to hear that :) TA-082 2.81 users welcome to world of homebrew :)

Its just a matter of time and all the firwares for all the motherboard will be cracked :) Dont upgrade ppl and soon u will be able to downgrade (I have hope in dark_alex and 0okm and other :D)

ya as soon as 0okm checks his F***king email iv been waiting scince this morning!

do you have any idea how many emails he receives? be patient and respect his work -.-

BTW
How many ppl downgraded successfully?

nyrtrublue
January 2nd, 2007, 20:09
I feel ookm is deserves alot more credit than he is given and id like to thank him for a tremendous contribution even though i just updated my psp i got during the US release from its original 1.5 to 302oeb. Doent impact me but great work ookm. If anyone doubts the community at this point and upgrades they dont deserve another chance at homebrew...stop upgrading!!!

red_sox32
January 2nd, 2007, 20:15
what would happen if someone with a non ta082 motherboard used the downgrader, would it brick. and im asking jsu tbecause im curious.

red_sox32
January 2nd, 2007, 20:16
what would happen if someone with a non ta082 motherboard used the downgrader, would it brick. and im asking jsu tbecause im curious.

hmong
January 2nd, 2007, 20:26
I immediately requested 0okm after seeing this on the front page. It's been 5 or 10 some minutes, I just can't wait. Having one PSP 3.02oe-b is AWESOME! but having 2 woud be just F l_l C l< in' EVEN BETTER!!!!

PS: THANKX 0okm!!!!

Destroyer699
January 2nd, 2007, 20:43
Well, with this release is the TA-082 any different from the regular mobo now? TA-082 can now do everything a regular psp can, so is there use of saying its different anymore. With this, we now can run custom firmware, devhook, homebrew, and anything else(except the modchip), so don't you think we call it a regular motherboard instead of the cursed one?

Great work Ookm!

F9zDark
January 2nd, 2007, 20:45
What the hell is with people upgrading their PSP's? My brother bought a brand new PSP. It came with 2.71 & TA-082. SO what does he do? Upgrades it the second he pops in Socom 2.

If he only friggin waited a week he could have used Dark_AleX's TA-082 downgrader. Now he is stuck with a 2.81 TA-082 with 1 game (Socom 2) when he could have had thousands of games (homebrew/emulators/PSX) if he waited.

Maybe you should have mentioned to him about homebrew as he walked in the door with it? I hadn't any clue about homebrew on the PSP until after I purchased one and updated it.
Thankfully I had dead pixels and had gotten EBGames no-questions warranty; so I returned it and got a 1.50 and was good to go.

This has been a great few weeks. Within 3 weeks we have had Custom Firmware, 2 Downgraders, PSX Emulation and various other Homebrew apps and games. 2006 has certainly become the great year of PSP Homebrew Scene.

pt9087
January 2nd, 2007, 23:24
lol jag66... jesus that is funni

(if you dont understand then 1. you dont deserve to know about homebrew and 2. 2.8+this=2.71+ta082dg=1.5+OEupdate=golden firmware)

hahaha hehe i was creasin for ages

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 2nd, 2007, 23:32
This is awesome, all psp users deserve to be on 3.02 OE-B!!!! fantastic work Ookm!!!!

Veskgar
January 2nd, 2007, 23:44
Maybe you should have mentioned to him about homebrew as he walked in the door with it?

Regarding my bro updating, he was flying home from the military for the holidays and bought it at the airport and upgraded it on the plane.

But he knew about homebrew because I've shown him plenty of what my PSP can do. He should have known better....

I am glad that this opens the door to more potential homebrew users. The bigger community we are (without getting too big) the stronger the scene will be.

ab88
January 2nd, 2007, 23:47
Oh man does anyone else have the feeling that this whole email ookm thing not gonna turn over well. Remeber the last time someone tried this. Carlitx i'd help you but it's a shame my bro updated to 3.02 or i'd for sure get those files for you.

It's for security. If you email him you assume the concequences. Also he states this application is in a sort of "beta" state. The thing is it got leaked and he already released it anyways. Since it was proven to work on the "beta" testers it's even better.

No, it doesn't matter what kind of motherboard you have for this. But there is a DG that takes you straight to 1.5 for non TA-082's.

Well, with this release is the TA-082 any different from the regular mobo now? TA-082 can now do everything a regular psp can, so is there use of saying its different anymore. With this, we now can run custom firmware, devhook, homebrew, and anything else(except the modchip), so don't you think we call it a regular motherboard instead of the cursed one?

Great work Ookm!
After I did the downdate, my computer had to "re-install" my PSP, it's now recognized as a "Generic Mass Storage Device" before it used to be a "PSP Type A". Anyone who used the "soft downgrader" can confirm this. I've also heard UNCONFIRMED rumors that connectivity to the PS3 didn't work, but that of course could just be due to custom firmware. Not that I give a shit since PS3's are expensive now and probably will still be in a few years.

I feel ookm is deserves alot more credit than he is given...
Agree with you there buddy. And I think anyone with a TA-082 and/or high firmware will also agree (Hen_C auto exec, xGSLoader, and now 2 Downdaters).

someone call me to make a "FW2.80 DownDate to FW2.71"
but
How many FW2.80 PSP want DownDate to FW2.71 ?
Not many devs take requests nowadays.

shango46
January 3rd, 2007, 00:06
Just goes to show that sony stands no chance. Thanks Ookm for this great release.

aYu][Takeshi
January 3rd, 2007, 00:18
Sorry, but is this anything new? o_O
Nobody said, that you can't downgrade a TA-082 Board! Only you can't run any FW lower than 2.50, what means that you can not downgrade to 1.50, what everybody wants. With Dark_Alex's downgrader you can Downgrade a TA-082 PSP, but only to 2.50 or something. So you can also dograde it from 2.80 to 2.71, if you have an downgrade for 2.80 (we have).

Or am I wrong with this Information? I think i was by DA/0okm oO

ab88
January 3rd, 2007, 00:32
[Takeshi;317098']Sorry, but is this anything new? o_O
Nobody said, that you can't downgrade a TA-082 Board! Only you can't run any FW lower than 2.50, what means that you can not downgrade to 1.50, what everybody wants. With Dark_Alex's downgrader you can Downgrade a TA-082 PSP, but only to 2.50 or something. So you can also dograde it from 2.80 to 2.71, if you have an downgrade for 2.80 (we have).

You are wrong read more. Generic Downgrader (not dograder) does NOT run on 2.8. Also study some grammar while you are at it. English being your second language is not an excuse :P (It is my second language)

Red = Wrong :P
Green = sort of wrong, misunderstanding.

watupgroupie
January 3rd, 2007, 02:50

PEOPLE, STOP UPGRADING YOUR PSP!

If you are so intent on upgrading then wait for the PSP2 to come out and upgrade that all you want.

Anyway, its good to see 0okm still doing his thing. It has a Ripple effect. Its a real good sign when Ookm, Booster, & Dark_AleX are coming out with releases back-to-back.

Dark_AleX is already working on 3.03 OE-A -Dude it sucked for me one second i'm looking at homebrew news the next my brother comes downstairs with the psp we share (but he owns it) and demands for it to update. I told him no and put up a good fight but in the end i lost because he screamed and hollered until parents got involved arrrgghhh i hate him sometimes hopefully something cool comes along for 3.02 if you already on that firmware!

F9zDark
January 3rd, 2007, 04:05
[Takeshi;317098']Sorry, but is this anything new? o_O

Prior to the efforts of 0okm and Dark Alex, you COULDN'T downgrade a TA-082/086 motherboard PSP without bricking it. Now you can.

I feel ookm is deserves alot more credit than he is given

0okm deserves ALOT more credit than he is given. I saw someone at PSP-Hacks badmouthing him. Very few people understand what 0okm has done for the scene.

Emeriastone
January 3rd, 2007, 07:15
0okm has taken a lot of fire, but he's honestly out for the good of the community. In my opinion, only a NOOB would dare to flame and smacktalk 0okm (no pun there intended for Noobz). 0okm should be given just as much credit as DAX for all his research.

haaroon
January 3rd, 2007, 11:23
cansomew 1 help me plz. i need the psp 2.71 bin and such where can u find it

razorak
January 3rd, 2007, 11:54
good news to all those 2.80's out there =)
they can always use hen-d if they're afraid to downgrade from 2.71 >.<

btw does the ta-086 mobo act in similar ways like a ta-082 mobo particularly the part where it rejects 1.5 files?

aYu][Takeshi
January 4th, 2007, 01:07
Also study some grammar while you are at it. English being your second language is not an excuse :P (It is my second language)
I know, but I can't do more than do my best ^^

I remember, Dark_Alex said that TA-082 User schould not downgrade lower than 2.50. That means (for me) you can Downgrade a TA-082 PSP from 2.71 to 2.50.

And that no firmware lower than 2.50 runs on TA-082 was also ftom 0okm. That we now can dowgrade to 1.50 I know, but realy no idea why. He said that the Board see, that it is lower than 2.50, and becaus of this 2.71SE would not run on this too. That's the reason, why he maide the 2.71SE installer only running on 1.50.