PDA

View Full Version : PSP 2.80 Downgrade Poll

hodgy47
January 2nd, 2007, 17:03
With the release of ookm's latest downgrader for non ta-082 2.80 psp's could we have some feedback so other members who have not downgraded but would like have some idea of the success rate and hopefuly give them some confidence to give it a go, I have done it and worked without problem and then up to 3.02oe-b So lets have your views and be HONEST
PLEASE NOTE YOU DOWNGRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK this meant as a guide to successes and failures for you to make up your own mind.

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2007, 17:11
Seeing about a TA-082 downgrader is now around, I wish I had a PSP with that motherboard to try it out. I've had 6 PSPs and and 3 of them broke, one landed up as a brick during an update when both the battery and power cable came out. (It was a dodgy second hand machine anyway...)

hodgy47
January 2nd, 2007, 17:15
You should bear in mind that with Undiluted platinum chip now available dont throw your bricks away as fitting one of these you can now unbrick your psp

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2007, 17:18
Okay, so where do all the modchips come from? I might want one later so I can have two firmwares on at least one of my PSP consoles.

LilSwish722
January 2nd, 2007, 17:20
I think we were supposed to be talking about the 2.80 downgrader...i think u got off topic a little lol

hodgy47
January 2nd, 2007, 17:25
I think we were supposed to be talking about the 2.80 downgrader...i think u got off topic a little lol Off topic slightly but seen as bricking is a reallity its worth knowing there is a way out but your right successes or failures wanted!

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2007, 17:34
PSP brick = useless games console + burning rage :mad: + £££ down the drain.

No one wishes to have that happening while attempting a downgrade, especially from firmware version 2.80 as I hear it's not all that stable yet.

hodgy47
January 2nd, 2007, 17:48
PSP brick = useless games console + burning rage :mad: + £££ down the drain.

No one wishes to have that happening while attempting a downgrade, especially from firmware version 2.80 as I hear it's not all that stable yet. Thats the purpose to the thread as I have successfuly downgraded and a few reports and videos are around pointing to success I wanted a broader idea from people who may have tried and failed or got there psp back to 1.5 if people see some results they may be able to make a better choice as to wether or not they should try cos lets be honest the biggest problem resulting in bricks is people using untested and confirmed working software due to inpatience and the desire for homebrew, the up chip is just a cheaper option than going out and buying a new psp and they do unbrick without a problem its just a bit tricky putting them in

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2007, 18:07
Modchip is useless in a TA-082 model though - so if a brick occured, you've screwed your machine. If that happened, you would have to try your luck to have it serviced under the warranty by Sony or just buy another console like I've always done - if you have spare change, that is.

hodgy47
January 2nd, 2007, 18:33
Didnt realize your latest was a TA-O82 my mistake but it still is a good idea to hang on to any non TA-082 PSP's that have bricked

aCoL
January 2nd, 2007, 19:02
downgraded great for me :)
2.8 > 1.5 > 1.0 > 1.5 > 1.5/2.71 > 1.0 > 1.5/3.02

all since it got released

baracki96
January 2nd, 2007, 19:40
The downgrader worked great for me too. The main thing I did was read Everything about it, and watch forums to see if it was working for people and if not why.