PDA

View Full Version : Madden tops North American software sales chart for 2006

wraggster
January 3rd, 2007, 02:06
via gamesindustry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21970)

Market analysts NPD have published a list of the top ten best-selling games in North America for 2006, with the PlayStation 2 version of Madden NFL 07 at number one.

More than 1.8 million copies of the game have been sold so far, and it's one of five PS2 titles in the chart - Kingdom Hearts II is at number three, followed by Final Fantasy XII at six, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in seventh place and NCAA Football 07 in eighth.

Second position goes to New Super Mario Bros., which sold around 1.5 million copies. Fellow Nintendo DS game Brain Age finishes off the chart at number ten, having racked up sales of more than 790,000 units.

There are three Xbox 360 titles listed, with platform exclusive Gears of War at number four. More than 1 million copies of the game have been sold so far and it's the most popular title on Xbox Live.

GOW is followed by Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter in fifth place (913,000 units sold), and the 360 version of Madden NFL 07 in ninth (826,000 units).

The chart was published by USA Today. NPD has yet to release complete hardware sales figures for 2006, but has issued preliminary estimates which suggest that Xbox 360 won the battle for Christmas cash - beating the Nintendo Wii by a small margin.

JKKDARK
January 3rd, 2007, 03:05
too bad nfl 2k series is dead.. it was better than madden series :(

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 03:17
Is this game any good

jammet
August 20th, 2007, 14:12
Okay, I'll admit it. I personally hate EA. And I personally loathe Madden. I will never really understand how that could ever be such a popular in the united states.

I'm a core gamer. I, personally, want deep games with story, or short bursts of fun in the arcade.

Thus far, I often compared video games to movies. But I believe I must strike that and compare them to TV shows instead. Because there are lots of sequels. And because there are sports shows on TV.

And most those couch potatoes are sittin' in front of it watching sports shows instead of, say, Stargate, thus getting it cancelled eventually. And people like I, who enjoy a good piece of sci-fi once every week, have nothing else to watch left. TV is full of sports. The few bits and pieces left in good sci-fi shows are already wilting away. BSG ends next year, for example.

Guys, I know this is futile but, for Gods sakes: *please* get a Hobby. Please *do* sports instead of buying the same Video game each year. Or, alternatively, read a book and finally get to understand why having a game with a story is a worthwhile experience if it's not overdone, either.

Hey, don't blame me and don't flame me. I am talking out of my ass, this is pure frustration, because I just hate the fact that because these stupid couch potatoes insist on buying these crap games, other - more interesting alternatives bleed out slowly overtime. Especially when you're a european gamer who has to import games from the US because they didn't sell good *there*.

It's painful just watching all this! It's like watching people standing in line to buy bubble gum for lunch when there's a stack of pizza right next to that!

gdf
August 20th, 2007, 14:49
i don't like ea, but then again they publish some good games. ok they don't develop most of those, but who can argue with battlefield, black, timesplitters and burnout? plus madden is actually quite good, better than fifa, everyone knows pes is far superior.