PDA

View Full Version : TV recorder

cha0ticbliss
January 3rd, 2007, 03:31
Prolly a n00b question, but I haven't seen it in the couple months I have been here.

Would a portable tv-recorder be possible for psp?

I know it probably wouldn't be tv quality, but all one would really need would be psp quality. This is really out of my range of knowledge... but here is my idea.

You buy some analog to digital converter such as the gamebridge tv tuner for under $10 (99 cents for the product + $8.95 shipping..... they are flooding ebay) Then buy a usb connector with a female end on both sides. plug the end of the gamebridge into one side and your psp's usb cord into the other side.

soo... you'll have an AV output from tv go into gamebridge which converts it to digital format which goes through usb to the psp. And have some program that can process the information.

The gamebridge comes in two parts the av inputs which all go into a mini usb end and the tv tuner which has all the software so it can run on the computer through usb.
also, there are probably other converters out there (my bro has one that came with his archos he bought off of woot.com) which you might be able to use

But yea.. prolly impossible, just wanted to put the idea out there because a tv tuner for psp would be sweet even if you have to pay 10 or 15 dollars

sorry if I dont make any sense, I am dead tired

bah
January 3rd, 2007, 11:24
If you really want a portable recorder your better off with one of those standalone mstick media based DVRs like This one (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23678), though they are well over $10.
I capture tv on my pc and convert it with pspvideo9, I'm sure you can find most tvshows on file sharing networks and just convert them.

I do not know of any homebrew that is able to use the USB port on the psp as a host, only as a device (slave).
The official psp camera/GPS unit seem to draw power and communicate ok so I guess it is possible.