PDA

View Full Version : SpeccyDS News

wraggster
January 3rd, 2007, 03:54
CraigT (http://speccyds.wordpress.com/2007/01/02/late-merry-christmas-and-happy-new-year/#comments) spilled some info on a future version of the Spectrum emu for the DS:

SpeccyDS took a back seat over the holidays, moving over to more festive activities such as eating and drinking far too much. However, i’m now in the mood to get back into the swing of things!

I did get around to a few little bits over the holidays… The G6 driver has been merged into the FAT driver but, due to my lack of a G6, it is completly untested. I’ve also started to redesign the GUI code in a more OO-friendly manner, and implemented a few undocumented Z80 op-codes (around the EDxx range).

I’ve also started to look at 128k emulation. Don’t get too excited at the moment since i’ve only been reading up on what is required, but from what I can see it should be quite straight forward to modify the code to emulate a 128k Spectrum. The complicated bit seems to be the sound chip. The timing and memory bank switching should be quite easy to implement as long as I can find an efficient way of doing it.

I doubt 128k support will be in the next version since there are still a few things that I need to sort out, but it’s nice to know that it is possible.

Trooper1
January 8th, 2007, 19:08
Cool, This is great news to hear.

Good going and good luck Craig.

:thumbup:

Trooper