PDA

View Full Version : Trick Sony, download Tekken 5

wraggster
January 3rd, 2007, 11:35
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/03/trick-sony-download-tekken-5/)

GamersReports has posted a workaround for PlayStation 3 owners eager to download Tekken 5.

Unless you're living in Hong Kong or Japan you're forced to wait until Sony gets around to releasing Tekken 5 in other territories ... or you could cheat the system. This trick is relatively simple, if not inherently dishonest:

Create a new user (not sub-user)
When entering the credit card info, pick Hong Kong as country, and then a corresponding city
After account is created, select 'Add Funds' (a sub-option within 'Account Management')
Add $40 (Hong Kong dollars) to your 'Wallet' twice (total should now be 80 HKD); never add more than $50 in one transaction, as this will prompt a validation of the address registered with the credit card

Now go to the PlayStation Store and select Tekken 5
Opt to add more funds (bringing Wallet total to 125 HKD)
Purchase and download Tekken 5
Sony is no doubt taking measures to lock out this workaround as you read this. Act now if you must. Our advice: sit patient and wait for the official worldwide releases.

Shrygue
January 3rd, 2007, 11:41
Hell, that's sounds all great if you're desperate for a new game that's not available in you region but around in another.

cloud668
January 3rd, 2007, 18:53
well i am a hong kong citizen, but i live in the states, so uhh i guess i can add more than 50 bucks right