PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates, stop GTA IV

wraggster
January 3rd, 2007, 20:27
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=153227)

Lawyer Jack Thompson is back with more anti-videogame campaigning, this time calling on Microsoft chairman Bill Gates to prevent the sale of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV in a mass e-mail sent to a number of news outlets.

In the e-mail titled "Bill Gates in the Crosshairs," Thompson vowed that he would "undertake various means to prohibit" the sale of the fourth Rockstar crime-'em-up, asking the Microsoft chairman to "please have your lawyers contact me in order that such sales will be prevented."

The Florida-based lawyer also noted that an Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility report (we've not heard of them either) "makes it abundantly clear that unless such prohibitions are in place, then millions of units of the new Grand Theft Auto game will be sold directly to minors," adding "I am quite intent upon making sure that that does not happen. I and others will endeavor to stop Microsoft from participating in any fashion, directly or indirectly, in such sales to minors."

Could the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV be in trouble then? We wouldn't bet on it.

aCoL
January 3rd, 2007, 20:42
G G

i dont know if bill gates will stop a game on public relations and screw himself out of a bunch of money dont see that happening :P

Shrygue
January 3rd, 2007, 21:18
I never though old Bill Gates would attempt to stop an upcoming video game from selling.

shadowprophet
January 3rd, 2007, 23:24
People just don't understand what kind of person Jack Thompson really is.
He's a fame seeker...If he could garner media attention by trying to stop people from feeding orphans (legally) He would.
I cant understand how his actions and meaningless outbursts still surprise people..
Jack Thompson is nothing more then a ogre doing everything he can to hold his spot in the limelight. That's what Jack Thompson is about. And don't be the lest but surprised If he ups the ante to even more lunacy just to attain the level of attention he feel he deserves. Jack Thompson is little more then a child himself, proven by his own actions.
The man doesn't have the skill to actually do any good for anyone, He just doesn't have that kind of training, Probably paid his way through law school on top of this. Still He's one of those kinds of people that if you ignore him, he just causes a bigger mess for attention, like a spoled child

Mabolsa Ritchie
January 3rd, 2007, 23:37
Dont give the guy credit by speaking his name he is he who should not be named. The game will sell regardless of what the moronic old folk say. They need to get with the times. Game shops ID kids for over 18 games now... gah im nort even gunna continue.

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 04:15
I hate that guy, shall we all kill his dogs