PDA

View Full Version : decrypter303 - PRX decrypter based on psardumper

wraggster
January 4th, 2007, 00:17
JasonUK posted a release of decrypter303 - PRX decrypter based on psardumper

Heres the details:

VERSION 1.00

This mod of psardumper so it can decrypt individual firmware modules from all known retail firmwares (1.00-3.03)
Also works with all current game PRXs

INSTRUCTIONS:
Make a folder on your memory stick called "enc" and place your encrypted PRXs there. Then run the app and press X to decrypt them.
The encrypted files will be replaced with decrypted versions.

The app can also extract reboot.bin from a 1.50 loadexec.prx or later.

Just place a DECRYPTED 2.60 or later sysmem.prx in the "ms0:/enc" folder and name it as "sysmem_reboot.prx"
Then place a DECRYPTED copy of loadexec.prx from the firmware you want reboot.bin for, and name it as "loadexec_reboot.prx"

When these two files are detected, an option to obtain reboot.bin (by pressing SQUARE) appears in the application.

LIMITATIONS:
- It is impossible to decrypt *sigchecked* firmware files as they are entirely different from their unsigchecked counterparts. Just compare the two in a hex editor and you'll see what I mean. It might be possible to un-sigcheck these files if I bother to reverse the sigcheck process. But for now, it's not possible.
- Cannot decrypt game EBOOT.BIN files. You will get an "unknown tag C0CB167C" error. This is because they use a different encryption. I might add this for the next release.
- Cannot decrypt a few huge PRX files as they are encrypted with RLZ. I will fix this for the next release.

All the people at lan.st (especially the opers Mathieulh, harleyg, x3sphere and cyanide)
Dark_AleX (for helping me solve a critical bug, and for the psardumper with 2.60-2.80 encryption)
Team Noobz and Team C+D (for 3.00~3.03 encryption keys)
PspPet (for the original psardumper)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

chrrox
January 4th, 2007, 00:31
If we can decrypt game files does that mean a psp emulator is now possible if we were to get a better understanding of the hardware?

Veskgar
January 4th, 2007, 00:34
Good stuff. Another step forward in overcoming SONY's firmware restrictions.

mikebeaver
January 4th, 2007, 00:38
Nice work jas0nuk, gladto see all your hard work has paid off :)

jak66
January 4th, 2007, 01:15
Dark_AleX provided jas0nuk with code that will enable you to decript sig-checked prx's, so expect that as a feature in next release

pt9087
January 4th, 2007, 02:57
Hmm nice work

EvilDooinz
January 4th, 2007, 09:32
tight pobably need this with the update from DAX tonight/tommarow

funy56
January 4th, 2007, 10:57
Hi

ANyone know it can use on version 3.01?