PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft's New Wii Games

wraggster
January 4th, 2007, 13:11
via ign (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/753/753065p1.html)

Ubisoft's Spanish subsidiary has put out a release that announces, among others, a handful of new Wii projects.

The first is Brothers in Arms: D Day, the most solid confirmation yet that Ubi is readying a version of the hit first-person shooter franchise for Nintendo's new console. Last year, an allegedly leaked document listed Brothers in Arms as a game underway from Wii. Ubisoft denied the document's validity, but every other title featured on the list was eventually announced or released. The game's name suggests that this is might be a Wii version of the recently released PSP series entry, a "Best of BIA" game with new and remixed content from all of Brothers in Arms (assumedly with improved visuals to match the Wii.) In an interview with IGN, the developer of the series, Gearbox Software, also said that it was working on a Wii project. Insiders claim that Gearbox was at one point experimenting with Unreal Engine 3 and attempting to create a dumbed-down version that would run on Wii. Unfortunately, we have been unable to confirm the accuracy of that rumors.

The second title is called Spelling Spree and, as the name suggests, it is very likely a project focused on spelling and vocabulary challenges. Gamers might be quick to discount such a product, but if Ubisoft can put a Brain Age style spin on the presentation, Spelling Spree could be a surprise hit.

The third game, Cosmic Family, is a port of the PC franchise of the same name. Very little is known about the project, except that it is geared toward younger players. A brief description, courtesy Amazon's UK website: "Meet the Cosmic Family - Mr and Mrs Cosmic, their two small children, big sister, the scatty cat, the playful dog, and monsters of every shape, size and color. Early learning, humor and music for 4-7 year olds and their parents."

I heart Nintendo
January 4th, 2007, 13:59
I hope for UbiSoft's sake these future games don't suck. Because their recently released titles have hardly been showered with praise.

werpu
January 4th, 2007, 19:24
I hope for UbiSoft's sake these future games don't suck. Because their recently released titles have hardly been showered with praise.

Rayman,

basically one of the best launch titles