PDA

View Full Version : 3.03OE-A Released by Dark_AleX! Supports PS1 Game Compression!

Pages : 1 [2]

Uchiha Sasuke
January 5th, 2007, 14:41
oooooo s..t .can someone make a downgrader or eLoader for 3.02?

lol im sure some coder is working on one....just wait it out.

dominik0410
January 5th, 2007, 14:47
the hacer or coder should faster working

starogre
January 5th, 2007, 20:07
edit:

if i use a 2 or 3 disc game, do i make the SCUS codes or w/e the same for each disc? that would make sense but i need to make sure before i write the compressed image files...

and also, is there a way to arrange the files on your memory stick in your own order? I hate how all my programs i use a lot are in the middle or at the bottom.

thanks!

goity
January 5th, 2007, 21:21
**** or bugger... ff8 still doesn't work... crashes when you use scan and stuff

Endless-rain
January 5th, 2007, 23:05
Great work Dark Alex.

The only thing is, im not sure if its the added compression or the tweaks SONY made to the emulator, but there are a few more bugs in FFVII than in 3.02 OE-B, they're not major bugs, but more bugs are not exactly a good thing.. its not like the ISO is compressed or anything as well.

jguba7892
January 5th, 2007, 23:25
how can this run psp isos??

The_It
January 5th, 2007, 23:45
The It - you DO NOT need a PS3 to play PS1 games on your PSP thanks to Dark Alex and it would probably be easier if you did find Hot Shots Golf2 and use the original way for this rather than this supposed theory/method where you can play your PS1 games without Hot Shots. Google is your friend and with a bit of researching you can "cough downloadtotallylegally cough* the Eboot and Keys.bin for Hot Shots.

Thank you! this is the kind of answer I was trying to get. :thumbup:

The_It
January 6th, 2007, 00:45
ok, I renamed GAME to GAME150, but the psp says there are no games, whats the deal?

The_It
January 6th, 2007, 00:46
oh, I see, you gotta manually drag them in there, not just rename it.

heh, this is pretty neat

tsurumaru
January 6th, 2007, 01:31
the hacer or coder should faster working

Yeah yeah, it took 7 months for 2.6 to be cracked, find an exploit and code a downgrader yourself if you don't want to wait.....

Sheesh, some people......

baracki96
January 6th, 2007, 01:35
hey, does anyone if you can just keep all your files on your memorystick when you upgrade?

kcajblue
January 6th, 2007, 01:36
i dont see why not.

SkatesBest
January 6th, 2007, 02:00
Hmm. Ive already updated to 3.03 OE-A,But i was wondering is it possible to add more than just 1.5 and 3.03 updates when you install the custom firmware,Like if i add 1.5, 3.03, and 2.71 firmware updates,will it brick my psp,or will i have an xtra firmware kernal,lol?

SpooForBrains
January 6th, 2007, 03:00
Holy f***ing crap, n00b attack!

What stuns me is that the worst of the bunch are people with between 40 and 200 posts! How can you have posted here that much without picking up even the slightest teeny tiny bit of a clue? My mind veritably boggles.

The guys (I'm sure it's not just DX behind this, after all) that have given us this stuff have my absolute admiration. I barely have time to PLAY games on my PSP, let alone code for it.

SpooForBrains
January 6th, 2007, 03:02
Hmm. Ive already updated to 3.03 OE-A,But i was wondering is it possible to add more than just 1.5 and 3.03 updates when you install the custom firmware,Like if i add 1.5, 3.03, and 2.71 firmware updates,will it brick my psp,or will i have an xtra firmware kernal,lol?

Firmware 2.71 gives you nothing that 3.03 doesn't, so what would be the point? However, in answer to your question, no, you can't do that. The update maker looks specifically for the 1.5 update and the 3.03 update to create the custom firmware.

cool ali
January 6th, 2007, 08:19
thanx dax.n i wanted 2 ask ppl.to install 3.03oe do u need to put the recovery folder on the memory stick just to install.i lost my 4 gb mem stick n now i have to live wid 32 mb so i was hopin i cud still install 3.03 oe. n secondly can we still use devhook wid usb.reply wud b greatly appreciated

dominik0410
January 6th, 2007, 11:53
Yeah yeah, it took 7 months for 2.6 to be cracked, find an exploit and code a downgrader yourself if you don't want to wait.....

Sheesh, some people......

you f..king idiot ,you cracked the 2.6 firmware "alone".:rofl:
do you have friends or something to help you to crack the 3.02 fimware.

YOU AND ALL THE HACKERS IN THIS FORUM SHOULD CONNECT OR JOIN AND MAKE THE FU..ING DOWNGRADER FOR 3.02:thumbup:

dominik0410
January 6th, 2007, 13:20
IS SOMEBODY TRY TO MAKE THE DOWNGRAGER FOR PSP 3.02?

dominik0410
January 6th, 2007, 13:21
PLEASE Dark_AleX MAKE THE DOWNGRADER FOR 3.02

labowl
January 6th, 2007, 14:21
Dude stop making these stupid posts they are annoying, if one is gonna get made then it would be out. Back on subject, why cant i compress anything, non of the latest popstations work for me. Please help?

cracka350z
January 6th, 2007, 15:39
just outa curiosity...if i do this can i go back to 1.5? or can i play all the homebrew on it?

Cloudhunter
January 6th, 2007, 16:10
just outa curiosity...if i do this can i go back to 1.5? or can i play all the homebrew on it?

Yes, and Yes.

IS SOMEBODY TRY TO MAKE THE DOWNGRAGER FOR PSP 3.02?

For christ sake, will all you f*cking noobs shut up with that?

With no exploit, there will be no downgrader, and programming is different to finding exploits.

Cloudy

labowl
January 6th, 2007, 17:22
Yay managed to get the compression working but when im playing my games im getting a black line across the top of the screen. I think its becauseits not algined right and its bugging me real bad. Anybody got any tips to stop this.

cracka350z
January 6th, 2007, 17:34
ok...im at 3.02 OE-A im a real noob when it comes to this stuff...what do i do next to play psx games? please be nice...ive searched and im still confused...

cracka350z
January 6th, 2007, 17:37
and...lol...how do i get back to 1.5? god...im lost.

SpooForBrains
January 6th, 2007, 21:10
Getting back to 1.5 :

get the 1.5 eboot, rename it recovery.pbp ( I think, the actual file name is in the readme) and place it in psp/game/recovery. Then launch the recovery menu (fully power off your PSP and then power it on holding R) and run the relevent option.

However, why? 1.5 now offers almost nothing that the new custom firmware doesn't.

Running PSX games:

Rip your PSX game. Then use the postation converter (on the command line) to convert it into a compatible eboot. Put this eboot in PSP/game, in the correct folder. That's pretty much it. The details of all of these steps are also in the readme.

labowl: that happens with my PAL copy of Soul Blade. I think it's an issue with PAL games (they have various graphical issues - this is also mentioned in the readme). With Soul Blade, I can use the adjust screen option in the game itself to remove the black bar.

krud
January 6th, 2007, 21:55
I recovered back to 1.5 after a brick and now i upgraded to 3.03 and it bricks again. if i run the recovery again without an update.pbp it goes into 3.03oe. anyone know what's going on?

thecutlass
January 6th, 2007, 23:56
man i dunno what happened but it installed and all but after i reset it its real psp 3.03 i think not custom firmware...any1 else get this prob?

A1Viper
January 10th, 2007, 00:25
this is probably a stupid question, but can I delete the 303oeflasher, 303oeflasher%, oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% folders now that 3.03OE-A is fully installed?

gr42178
January 10th, 2007, 04:09
this is probably a stupid question, but can I delete the 303oeflasher, 303oeflasher%, oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% folders now that 3.03OE-A is fully installed?

Yes it installs to the flash

prinnyhero
January 10th, 2007, 16:15
I know this probubly isnt the right thread but i was wondering if anyone had a trick to play games with multiple disks, and i mean the ones where it doesnt ask you to save before you swap cd's because on shadow madness you gotta swap cd's like 6 different times in the game. If not, then are there plans to fix this issue in future releases of pops?

tsurumaru
January 10th, 2007, 17:29
I know this probubly isnt the right thread but i was wondering if anyone had a trick to play games with multiple disks, and i mean the ones where it doesnt ask you to save before you swap cd's because on shadow madness you gotta swap cd's like 6 different times in the game. If not, then are there plans to fix this issue in future releases of pops?

POPS itself is the official Sony PSP emulator. As such they already have a method (pressing home at the end of a disk brings up a load disk 2 option). Unfortunately since Sony haven't released any two disk eboots yet we don't know how they are activating this option and at the moment you can't do anything with this.
However it is being worked on and I have heard that people have found a solution in MGS that doesn't involve using other peoples saves. (I haven't tried it myself yet)

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43215

prinnyhero
January 10th, 2007, 20:21
Nah i dont think that would work. That was only for MGS and you had to edit something about cd1 and cd2. plus, Shadow madness has to change disks more then once so that would never work. Would it be possible to combine the 2 cd iso's into one?

s15240drifter
January 11th, 2007, 03:57
i just upgraded to this custime firm ware, i came from 1.5, they only problem that i have is then when i try and load a file from my game menu, say my snes emulator, it loads and then says game ould not be loaded. when i upgraded i keep everything on the mem card, could it be that iu have to delete everythong and re-install it onto the mem card.

gr42178
January 11th, 2007, 04:02
i just upgraded to this custime firm ware, i came from 1.5, they only problem that i have is then when i try and load a file from my game menu, say my snes emulator, it loads and then says game ould not be loaded. when i upgraded i keep everything on the mem card, could it be that iu have to delete everythong and re-install it onto the mem card.

Try changing the kernel mode to 1.5 in the recovery mode (hold R while the PSP boots up) or you can move everything into a new folder called "game150" (I think)

s15240drifter
January 11th, 2007, 04:13
hey thanks alot man that worked out. now i am the happiest kid in pa. now ne recomendations on really good homebrew

gr42178
January 11th, 2007, 14:44
hey thanks alot man that worked out. now i am the happiest kid in pa. now ne recomendations on really good homebrew

Theres so many out there, I myself like the emulators....nintendo, super nintendo, genesis, gameboy, all the old school games on the go its great. Just go to the front page and look in the PSP emulators section. Happy homebrewing!:thumbup:

s15240drifter
January 12th, 2007, 04:29
sry for the bumb, but how do i get back to 1.5 from here. do i just put the ebbot in the recovery floder or what.

dette
January 15th, 2007, 23:41
i looked at the popstation readme and i didnt really understand it... iv already downgraded and installed 3.03 OE-B and i want to run Tekken 3 but i dont get the PS1 emulation...

can someone tell me how or give me a guide? thanks

Zepo
January 17th, 2007, 22:32
I gota QUESTION, IF I DONT WANT THIS ANYMORE CAN I UNINSTALL IT?
thanks, looks cool

LAMPRO
January 17th, 2007, 23:08
Whats the best custom fw with compression psx emu, and all the 1.5 features?

Im thinking the time has come to jump to the next level, but im not doin nothin till the pros comment for me.. gimme some advice yall.

I got the 1.5fw, ready to go. waiting for the go ahead.

im leanin towards 3.02OE-A to 3.02OE-B, cause I heard it runs the pops smoother, but i want the psx compression, does that mean 3.03OE-A or B only? Clarify this for me. tnx.

Camelot
January 17th, 2007, 23:17
I dont see why people are still posting on this topic... 3.02OE-A is old news.... DA has already realease 3.03OE-B And I would advise everyone to update to it.

LAMPRO
January 18th, 2007, 00:03
Camelot, if you read the posts, you will find a handful of experienced users reporting the glitches however slight- on 3.03OE-A and have recommended 3.02OE-B, but this still leaves the compression issue for me, does compression work on 303OE-A?

Someone give me a heads up.

gr42178
January 18th, 2007, 15:24
Camelot, if you read the posts, you will find a handful of experienced users reporting the glitches however slight- on 3.03OE-A and have recommended 3.02OE-B, but this still leaves the compression issue for me, does compression work on 303OE-A?

Someone give me a heads up.

Update to 3.03 OEB, I myself experienced the glitches in popstation, but you can fix the issue by running the 3.02 emulator while using 3.03OEB....check out this thread for details.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49172

Using this you can have the latest firmware and still use the compression and use the better emulator. You will have the best of everything.

Sharkey
January 29th, 2007, 02:12
I figured I'd bring this back up for the guys who have just downgraded. There are two updates after this one , b and c, but it starts with this installation. Don't bother with the 3.02 oe threads, thats old news.

nigelT
February 7th, 2007, 15:59
dose some
one know were to get a ps1 emulator for fw 1.50

sirVimes
February 8th, 2007, 14:47
I'm downgrading to 1.5 right now to get this,but does anyone know what files are supposed to be in the DOWNDATER folder?
I just want to verify before I start,so I don't brick my psp!

Shrygue
February 8th, 2007, 14:52
Whitch version are you downgrading from?

CorruptMirage
August 12th, 2008, 21:18
I just reset my psp, any tips on how to actually install it, because i dont really understand the readme file

Shrygue
August 12th, 2008, 21:40
Please ask that question here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=80) and don't bump totally dead old theads like this one.

LOCKAGE