PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE-A Installation Demonstration, By ExcruciationX

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 21:22
ExcruciationX, from our forums has made a tutorial that is meant to help people with the install process. Here are the steps to upgrade to the recently released firmware...

1. Download Ex's pack in his signature.
2. Extract it.
3. Put it in the PSP/GAME/ folder or PSP/GAME150 if you are on 2.71 SE or 3.02 OE.
4. Run it. If your battery isn't charged an plugged into the wall outlet, then hold Triangle + L to bypass it. The pack has everything needed for installation! I would also recommend watching the video while you upgrade, so you know what your psp should do.

If you have any questions or troubleshooting, then post in this thread stating your problem. Someone WILL help you.

EDIT: Since people didn't like this one, I have uploaded the old one which is pretty much the same thing on to YouTube (Thank's Ninja).
EDIT 2: This does NOT work with any firmware above 2.80!
EDIT 3: Please give me rep if you like it.

Watch And Give Feeback, Via Comments

wraggster
January 4th, 2007, 21:36
no download ?

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 21:45
I had some problems, uploading now. Could you delete the other thread? For some reason, there is two.

migsgiz
January 4th, 2007, 21:52
hey guys, i think i ate up flash memory, x-flash telling me i have no more. i want to up grade to 3.03 oe-a,but i think it going to brick my psp! can i use the recovery to go back to fw 1.50, and get a fresh flash memory or go a buy a new psp?

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 21:56
hey guys, i think i ate up flash memory, x-flash telling me i have no more. i want to up grade to 3.03 oe-a,but i think it going to brick my psp! can i use the recovery to go back to fw 1.50, and get a fresh flash memory or go a buy a new psp?
This preforms a logical flash format before writing 3.03 OE to the flash memory. You will not run out of flash space, and it will not brick your PSP.

Sulfer
January 4th, 2007, 22:01
no offence but how is it a tutorial... you don't show anywhere in the video on where to put the files you simply show the installer running.... should be renamed "Installer Demonstration". Also in the video you say to bypass it's triangle+L and in the thread post you say triangle+R.

SSaxdude
January 4th, 2007, 22:02
I'm going to upgrade using Ex's package in a moment.

kiore
January 4th, 2007, 22:02
I know you meant well by doing this video tutorial but it is very hard to make out . luckly the majority of us know how to do it but i pitty the not so fortunate i dont think this will help them much.

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 22:05
no offence but how is it a tutorial... you don't show anywhere in the video on where to put the files you simply show the installer running.... should be renamed "Installer Demonstration". Also in the video you say to bypass it's triangle+L and in the thread post you say triangle+R.
Well, it's just meant to aid someone in the installation process. The instructions are in the post.

I'll go change it to Triangle + L.

DPyro
January 4th, 2007, 22:07
Why don't you use youtube?

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 22:09
Why don't you use youtube?
I tried registering, but I never got my email.

psp fan
January 4th, 2007, 22:11
Nice tut atleast you posted one regardless of what ppl say.I jus wanna ask if u my cpu speed can be changed on this firmware because some of my games lag and i need to have them at 333mhz.Ive read something about plugins but rly dont understand them. im on 3.02 oe-b.

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 22:14
Nice tut atleast you posted one regardless of what ppl say.I jus wanna ask if u my cpu speed can be changed on this firmware because some of my games lag and i need to have them at 333mhz.Ive read something about plugins but rly dont understand them. im on 3.02 oe-b.
I think you can overclock in recovery mode. I'm not sure though.

I don't really know about plugins, I'm sure someone else will know.

shedeus
January 4th, 2007, 22:15
anyone try this yet? can't dl here at work

migsgiz
January 4th, 2007, 22:16
thank for to re:
(can i use the recovery to go back to fw 1.50, and get a fresh flash memory?)

(?) is this possable
b/c i cant save my pic on to xmb, i mean u can put it in the xmb, but when i go to a game, ie. umd,homebrew or ps1 games and back to xmb it gone.no pic in the xmb. that how i know i dont have no flash left

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 22:16
Well, I can confirm it worked like a charm.

Tetris999
January 4th, 2007, 22:18

I couldnt agree more :p its pretty easy i really dont know who needs a tut for this unless therye IQ is 10

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 22:30
Well, at least I tried to make a tutorial... :(

mickey61
January 4th, 2007, 22:39
can confirm it works thanks alot.

mickey61
January 4th, 2007, 22:40
:thumbup: can confirm it works thanks alot.

SSaxdude
January 4th, 2007, 22:41
For plugins make a folder named seplugins and put it in the root of your memory stick. Drag and drop your plugins into this folder. They are enabled by default, but you can disable them in recovery mode if you want to.

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 22:49
For plugins make a folder named seplugins and put it in the root of your memory stick. Drag and drop your plugins into this folder. They are enabled by default, but you can disable them in recovery mode if you want to.
Thank's for that! :)

Hiei311
January 4th, 2007, 22:55
ik i sound like a noob, but does this work 4 fw 3.02?

Gizmo356
January 4th, 2007, 22:57
Keep um coming!

pt9087
January 4th, 2007, 23:02
Nope sorry, i dont see any point in this. i think i will just stick to what i have

Ihavenolife
January 4th, 2007, 23:09
This worked great, but I can't seem to run compressed psx games right...I've been using something other than official popstation; I suppose I need the original for compressed icons...

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 23:12
I really don't know how to compress PS1 games. Sorry.

I am going to hold a poll to see if this "tut" was good.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 4th, 2007, 23:20
hey Excruciation, u shudn't worry about people calling this crap and that. It's the effort and time u put into it dat counts!!!!! keep them coming!!!!!!!!

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 23:24
hey Excruciation, u shudn't worry about people calling this crap and that. It's the effort and time u put into it dat counts!!!!! keep them coming!!!!!!!!
Well, that makes me happier! :)

Ihavenolife
January 4th, 2007, 23:25
My favorite part of this whole thing was that the files were in your sig, i downloaded them before you made this tut, and they really simplified the process. (Yeah, compressing games is more confusing than the psx thing for 3.02 OE-B)

Thanks for making sure I didn't brick my psp today!

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 23:31
My favorite part of this whole thing was that the files were in your sig, i downloaded them before you made this tut, and they really simplified the process. (Yeah, compressing games is more confusing than the psx thing for 3.02 OE-B)

Thanks for making sure I didn't brick my psp today!
Thank's! :)

That's what I was trying to do. It's meant to be used during the installation process. It's not meant to be a "Ultra N00b friendly tutorial", so that must be why I'm under scrutiny.

Hiei311
January 4th, 2007, 23:31
does this work for FW 3.02????

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 23:34
does this work for FW 3.02????
No, there is no exploit in 3.02 to allow this to work.

DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN (Unless it happens to be from Dark AleX)!!!

Hiei311
January 4th, 2007, 23:38
yeah ik, the next upgrade is crap, thx anyways, looking forward to the next FW hacks. keep up the good work

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 23:55
yeah ik, the next upgrade is crap, thx anyways, looking forward to the next FW hacks. keep up the good work
Just be patient. I'm sure one will come out in a few months.

Hiei311
January 4th, 2007, 23:58
yeah or sooner, they hacked 2.8+ pretty fast

Squidman
January 5th, 2007, 00:30
lol, i'm gonna do the 3.02OE before i do 3.03OE...just so i can install the recovery mode first :p

then EX if that won't work [[you said logical flash deletion]], then i turn to you for help on it :D i greatly dislike the different game folder thing, lol

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 00:32
lol, i'm gonna do the 3.02OE before i do 3.03OE...just so i can install the recovery mode first :p

then EX if that won't work [[you said logical flash deletion]], then i turn to you for help on it :D i greatly dislike the different game folder thing, lol
I would recommend upgrading to 3.03 OE-A instead, since it has more features.

shedeus
January 5th, 2007, 00:36
... It's not meant to be a "Ultra N00b friendly tutorial", so that must be why I'm under scrutiny.

i beg to differ. it really doesn't get any more noob friendly than your dl.

short of turning it off during the flash, i cant see how anyone could screw this up

kudos for putting this together! :thumbup:

Squidman
January 5th, 2007, 00:36
i read there wus a difference with the PSX games...besides the compression...like Popstation did something different just cause it was 3.03. BUT! still one question remains...chances of brickage? i know for sure that 3.02OE works....but only 3 ppl have said they tried and worked it

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 00:43
i beg to differ. it really doesn't get any more noob friendly than your dl.

short of turning it off during the flash, i cant see how anyone could screw this up

kudos for putting this together! :thumbup:
Really?

Thank's for the comments, and your welcome for the pack and vid. :)

Squidman
January 5th, 2007, 01:01
nvm about the PSX question....i re-read it...that's wut i get for skimming over something, lol

so, is this like the same installer thing as 3.02OE?

zx-81
January 5th, 2007, 01:06
@ExcruciationX : Many thanks, i'm now on 3.03-A :P

mlcurly16
January 5th, 2007, 01:07
I'm hoping to upgrade from 2.71SE right now, but first, could anyone answer this question?:

Does the 3.03 OE-A have the web browser removed like the custom 3.0 one (which was really 2.71SE with the vsh)?

Squidman
January 5th, 2007, 01:17
I'm hoping to upgrade from 2.71SE right now, but first, could anyone answer this question?:

Does the 3.03 OE-A have the web browser removed like the custom 3.0 one (which was really 2.71SE with the vsh)?

3.02OE-A/B had the web browser, so i'm sure this one does too..and yes it functioned

baracki96
January 5th, 2007, 01:32

From what I've seen ( fixin o upgrade now to 3.03oea) the only thing thats been taken out is the location free player.

siulmagic
January 5th, 2007, 01:45
is there a convertor to go from .pbp to iso?

PS:nvm psx2psp can extrac isos

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 03:12
@ExcruciationX : Many thanks, i'm now on 3.03-A :P
Sure! :)

This tutorial MUST be good, if a coder comments on it! :D

The only things that are removed, are the location free player, and the korean fonts.

Sulfer
January 5th, 2007, 03:17
Another thing i just noticed that u edited. Shouldn't it be doesn't work with anything above 2.71.... saying it doesn't work for anything above 2.81 makes it sound like it will install on 2.81 and 2.80 users which it doesn't. 2.71 legit and lower (w exception of custom fw's) is all it works on,

mlcurly16
January 5th, 2007, 03:37
Got it working all set. Works better than 2.71SE-C did! Great work everyone, and especially DAX!

Qlet
January 5th, 2007, 04:03
For Some reason when I try to install (Im using the sony 2.60 fw, havent used the psp in a while because I thought homebrew had gone away :P ) When I try to install this, I activate the program and it goes to the psp game boot screen, and then the system turns off. Nothing else. Any ideas?

Gizmo356
January 5th, 2007, 04:06
You need to install this on 1.5 or any of the other dax custom firmwares, so you need to downgrade to 1.5 before you try this.

Qlet
January 5th, 2007, 04:10
Ah ok, sorry about that, as I said Ive been out of the emu world for a while.
Thanks

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 04:11
You need to install this on 1.5 or any of the other dax custom firmwares, so you need to downgrade to 1.5 before you try this.
What Gizmo356 said.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the background yet.

Qlet
January 5th, 2007, 05:15
Well sorry to ask again, but as I said Ive been out of the loop for a year, Ive been searching for a while, is there anywhere that shows exactly how to downgrade my 2.60 down to the required 1.5?
Thanks

Gizmo356
January 5th, 2007, 05:19
yeah go to psp hacks and get the easy installer u need that and the latest tiff eboot loader.

NyghtcrawleR
January 5th, 2007, 05:19
Just for more satisfaction to those wondering about updating. I can confirm that the files supplied by Excrutiation work and that I am now on 3.03 OE-A from my 3.02 OE-B psp.

SnoopKatt
January 5th, 2007, 05:28
Well done ExcruciationX, this guide will help out a lot of people that are new to PSP hacking and such :)

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 06:01
Well done ExcruciationX, this guide will help out a lot of people that are new to PSP hacking and such :)
Thank's SnoopKatt! :D

We actually haven't got around to installing the modchip yet, but we should soon.

Basil Zero
January 5th, 2007, 08:08
Thanks alot ExcruciationX, i have to say, alot simpler than the last time i did this with 3.02oe

worked with no problems whatsoever

miccas
January 5th, 2007, 08:09
ok i just tried to update from 3.02 oeB to 3.03 oeA and bricked my psp... but i can get into Recovery mode by holding RT how do i use this to get back to 1.5 or 3.02 oeB. ive tried to use the "run program at /psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp" but it just kick me out and gose to a blank screen with the loading light flashing for about 2 sce then stops then starts then stops... wat am i doing wrong???

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 09:19
On behalf of the noobs, I say thanks.

Baboon
January 5th, 2007, 09:20
ok i just tried to update from 3.02 oeB to 3.03 oeA and bricked my psp... but i can get into Recovery mode by holding RT how do i use this to get back to 1.5 or 3.02 oeB. ive tried to use the "run program at /psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp" but it just kick me out and gose to a blank screen with the loading light flashing for about 2 sce then stops then starts then stops... wat am i doing wrong???

Thats a bit scary if you say you might have bricked. I'm also going to be upgrading from 3.02 oeB later tonight so fingers crossed it all goes well. I cant do this till later though cause im in work now. :(

Would people on 3.02 oeB recomnned reverting back to 1.5 first then upgrading? ...or just upgrade to 3.03 oeA from 3.02 oeB? I hate all this flashing malarkey.

ACID
January 5th, 2007, 09:52
Where is the link to Ex's packege people are talking about.

DrNicket
January 5th, 2007, 09:54
I traded for a second PSP this last Saturday and it came with 3.02 OE-B. Is it required to downgrade to 1.5 first or just 'recommended' by some? I don't have any of the files from the original update(s). Though I do own a virgin 1.5 PSP also.

PS - ExcruciationX: I cannot seem to download your pack. Error 403. Any suggestions?

PPS - Zx-81: Way to go! Glad to hear you're dialed to the 9s!

Edit: Acidburn05: It's in his signature, though I haven't been able to get the file due to a 403 error.
Edit2: It appears my Firefox plugin: DownThemAll! wasn't liked by filefront. A plain old 'save as' worked.

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 10:22
Thats a bit scary if you say you might have bricked. I'm also going to be upgrading from 3.02 oeB later tonight so fingers crossed it all goes well. I cant do this till later though cause im in work now. :(

Would people on 3.02 oeB recomnned reverting back to 1.5 first then upgrading? ...or just upgrade to 3.03 oeA from 3.02 oeB? I hate all this flashing malarkey.

Update straight from 3.02OE-B. No need to even format your MS, and if you do it this way you get to keep any gameboots, sounds or XMB icons you have on 3.02OE.

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 16:25
I can confirm that you do NOT have to downgrade first, it wastes time. It even kept the background I was using (which I'm surprised nobody has said anything about yet).

To dejkirkby (since I'm too lazy to copy the quote from him) I answer to all the newbs with "Your Welcome, and if there is a question you need answered, feel free to ask." :)

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 16:28
I can confirm that you do NOT have to downgrade first, it wastes time. It even kept the background I was using (which I'm surprised nobody has said anything about yet).

I have mentioned several times in several threads!:)

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 16:30

Sorry for the double post...

Which update are you using? 1.5 doesn't work for some reason, so just use 2.00. It worked fine for me.

trialser
January 5th, 2007, 16:30
does this mean it works on a 2.81???? please say it does..

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 16:33
does this mean it works on a 2.81???? please say it does..

I COULD say it does, But I'd be LYING!

241 boi
January 5th, 2007, 16:52
anybody no nething about the wii come and help me PLEASE i am desperate its in new posts

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 18:28
anybody no nething about the wii come and help me PLEASE i am desperate its in new posts
This is the wrong thread, buddy.

There is no homebrew for Wii yet.

psp fan
January 5th, 2007, 19:15
Ok guys iv seen some post saying that ppl need to know how to comperss the files well i take no credit lol but iv read it of another forum i havent had time to try it but its supposed to work:

Download PSX2PSP 0.7.1
Open up the eboot with it.
If you want to save the custom images that came with it, browse to PSX2PSPs PICS directory and grab them from there. (they appear in there as soon as you open the eboot with PSX2PSP)
Now click on the extract ISO button.
Once you have the ISO, you can now rebuild the eboot, and this time compress the ISO, and if you want rebuild it with the same icon0 and pic1 that it had before.
ok and in return guys im desprate for help for changing my cpu speed for my games pls pls can sm1 help iv figured help comes fast wen ur helping someone lol :p
Edit: this is for already converted eboots.
Thanks for the tut Ex i will upgrade l8ter
Yes it's a little tedious (for now, although I'm sure PSX2PSP 0.8 will make it easier).
Pls reply to see if it worked i will test very soon. oh and my lil easy question i read something about plugins btw and there supposed to be connected i think.

miccas
January 5th, 2007, 20:07
im trying to use 1.5 i will try 2.0 now hope it works

miccas
January 5th, 2007, 20:32
ok this is wat i did:

try puting 2.0fw in to recovery folder and renamed it update try run recovery kicked me out so i try not renameing it and left it as eboot try recovery and it started up BUT i couldnt see any writing only a header saying update 2.0 just like if you where useing a normal update so i tryed going throught it all just listening to the ting nosie it does which got me to a blue bar that went across the screen then my psp died so i turn it back on AND :D fw 2.0 started up the strange thing was when updating there was no writing so i went through the update blind

Cheer for the help

mdg420
January 5th, 2007, 21:02
so this isnt for 3.03 firmware it so users under it can get tha custom firmware and still play homebrew? when will there be a 3.03 dg or custom fw that works with it

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 21:21
so this isnt for 3.03 firmware it so users under it can get tha custom firmware and still play homebrew? when will there be a 3.03 dg or custom fw that works with it
There is no downgrader yet. Just wait a few months.

Broadus
January 5th, 2007, 23:47
Nice! The installation in your sig worked 100%! Man, that was easy.

ExcruciationX
January 6th, 2007, 03:00
Nice! The installation in your sig worked 100%! Man, that was easy.
That's what I'm here for. ;)

Anymore questions that need to be answered?

madcupid
January 6th, 2007, 04:25
why is it that every time you go to upgrade/downgrade your heart starts to beat faster and faster and you almost die of a heart attack?? is it just me?? doing it right now

madcupid
January 6th, 2007, 04:26
done it worked fine...thanks to the GREATEST Dark Alex and Ex for the tutorial link, package and patience...

dbpreston
January 6th, 2007, 21:29
:thumbup:
I am Currently got the 32 meg card in ... will be ok to flash my psp fron Ver 1.52 to the new 3.03 firmware ????

THanks For tHE uPdaTE ... aLEX ... uR dA' mAN .. :) :thumbup:
aND tHANKS tO ExcruciationX FOR tHE iNSTALLER .. :)
tHAT MAKE LIFE SO mUCH eASIER .. :)

ExcruciationX
January 7th, 2007, 06:03
:thumbup:
I am Currently got the 32 meg card in ... will be ok to flash my psp fron Ver 1.52 to the new 3.03 firmware ????

THanks For tHE uPdaTE ... aLEX ... uR dA' mAN .. :) :thumbup:
aND tHANKS tO ExcruciationX FOR tHE iNSTALLER .. :)
tHAT MAKE LIFE SO mUCH eASIER .. :)
You can't do that.

1.52 doesn't have any exploits (that anyone knows of). You need to be on 1.5 to run this. Upgrade to 2.00, then downgrade to 1.5. THEN, you can run the installer.

By the way, your welcome. :)

xJiX
January 7th, 2007, 12:12
I have had 3.03OE-A installed for a little over a day, and have become bored, due to the fact that I can no longer load homebrew. Is there a way to get rid of 3.03OE-A? or are there any HomeBrew Loader progs floating around out there that is/are compatible with this?

ExcruciationX
January 7th, 2007, 17:05
I have had 3.03OE-A installed for a little over a day, and have become bored, due to the fact that I can no longer load homebrew. Is there a way to get rid of 3.03OE-A? or are there any HomeBrew Loader progs floating around out there that is/are compatible with this?
Make a folder at "PSP/GAME150/". Put all homebrew in there.

Vega
January 7th, 2007, 17:13
Hey ExcruciationX, you should make your own site and host all your videos there. They are really helpful and successful too! Nice work man, keep it up.

Exoskeletor
January 7th, 2007, 18:12
ExcruciationX if we install 3.03 OE-A we are still able to downgrade later back to 1.50?

Koyukiw
January 7th, 2007, 19:30
thanks, it worked quickly and easily. No problems!

ExcruciationX
January 8th, 2007, 12:13
Hey ExcruciationX, you should make your own site and host all your videos there. They are really helpful and successful too! Nice work man, keep it up.
I don't know if I'm THAT good, but thank's for the compliments! :)

ExcruciationX if we install 3.03 OE-A we are still able to downgrade later back to 1.50?
Yes, just run a 2.00 update via recovery mode, and then downgrade to 1.5 from there.

ExcruciationX
January 9th, 2007, 11:59
I am really suprised no one has commented on the psp background yet.

Or can you even read it?

Kassad
January 9th, 2007, 19:17
Guys??? I've got a 3.03 PSP. I want to install PSX emulator but can't figure how to. Tried a lot of things but really don't know what I'm doing. I wanna play FF VII and all this upgrading and downgrading confuses me. Was gonna start a new thread for this, but i can't :confused: .. So Dark_Alex and Co, please pimp my psp :thumbup: ...

ExcruciationX
January 9th, 2007, 19:54
Guys??? I've got a 3.03 PSP. I want to install PSX emulator but can't figure how to. Tried a lot of things but really don't know what I'm doing. I wanna play FF VII and all this upgrading and downgrading confuses me. Was gonna start a new thread for this, but i can't :confused: .. So Dark_Alex and Co, please pimp my psp :thumbup: ...
You upgraded to 3.03 (offical)?

There is no way to run homebrew on 2.81 and above psps (at the moment). Wait for a downgrader.

mistuhchink
January 10th, 2007, 02:16
can i still use it if I have version 2.80?

ExcruciationX
January 10th, 2007, 18:23
can i still use it if I have version 2.80?

Yes. However, you need to downgrade to 1.5 first to be able to run the 3.03 OE-A installer at all. I really don't know how to do this though (since I don't own a 2.80 PSP).

Do you have a TA-82 motherboard? If you do, then you need to run a special downgrader.

atlmagesty
January 11th, 2007, 06:27
So.....Does this pack contain the 1.50 and 3.03 firmwares in the .dxar file? If not, am i supposed to make a .pbp for each?:confused:

albi96
January 13th, 2007, 10:21
Hey,

I'm pretty new to this psp scene, just a clarification: I downgraded to 1.5 firmware, can I use the pack straight from this version?

What is the best route to take from here?

albi96
January 13th, 2007, 20:04
bump!

anybody? im scared of brickage

ExcruciationX
January 13th, 2007, 20:10
Hey,

I'm pretty new to this psp scene, just a clarification: I downgraded to 1.5 firmware, can I use the pack straight from this version?

What is the best route to take from here?

Yes, you can. Just run it from the XMB.

albi96
January 13th, 2007, 20:35
thanks a lot ex!!!

it worked perfect, the games i just put them in psp/game folder right? (iso and cso)

ExcruciationX
January 13th, 2007, 20:46
thanks a lot ex!!!

it worked perfect, the games i just put them in psp/game folder right? (iso and cso)

Your Welcome. :)

No. You put ISOs and CSOs in the "ISO" folder in the root of the memory stick. You can run them from the XMB from there.

Also, all homebrew goes in the "PSP/GAME150" folder.

spaminator
January 14th, 2007, 02:17
OK so say I have a 3.03(latest sony FW), how can I flash it to the 'good stuff'?

I have looked and all the downgraders are for 2.71 and under etc. I can't find a tutorial or any info that says I can flash it with the latest sony FW.

Can I use your pack to do this? If not, where can I find how to do it?

I would like to install Dark Alex's latest 3.03 OE-B if at all possible.

Thanks for ur help

ExcruciationX
January 14th, 2007, 03:02
OK so say I have a 3.03(latest sony FW), how can I flash it to the 'good stuff'?

I have looked and all the downgraders are for 2.71 and under etc. I can't find a tutorial or any info that says I can flash it with the latest sony FW.

Can I use your pack to do this? If not, where can I find how to do it?

I would like to install Dark Alex's latest 3.03 OE-B if at all possible.

Thanks for ur help
Nope. There is no way to run homebrew above 2.80.

spaminator
January 14th, 2007, 04:41
lame. :(

Well I'll just wait till some1 finds a workaround. Thanks for your help!

Eddie*
January 14th, 2007, 04:47
I been havin problems with the pspe09 and SDL.dll my gmes wont play can anyone helpme my email is [email protected]

Eddie*
January 14th, 2007, 04:48
I been havin problems with the pspe09 and SDL.dll my gmes wont play can anyone helpme my email is [email protected]

ExcruciationX
January 15th, 2007, 00:35
Okay, first DON'T double post.

Second, what the Hell are pspe09 are SDL.dll? And what does this have to do with 3.03 OE-A?

You know you should be smart, and remove your email address. ;)

oreosmuggler
January 15th, 2007, 01:28
when you say "run it from the xmb" what does that mean?

oreosmuggler
January 15th, 2007, 02:30
YYYEEESSS it worked great, it was easy even for a nub, thanks EX couldnt have made myself do without your pack
Thanks

ExcruciationX
January 15th, 2007, 02:39
YYYEEESSS it worked great, it was easy even for a nub, thanks EX couldnt have made myself do without your pack
Thanks
Your welcome. :)

when you say "run it from the xmb" what does that mean?
Go to "Memory Stick" under "Game" and the ISO will show up on the memory stick. Make sure to turn on "No-UMD" in the recovery menu first. To do this hold R on a cold boot and go to "config" and set "No UMD" to on.

MofoVideo
January 15th, 2007, 12:47
Thanks for the help ^_^ Im currently running 3.03OE-A!

ExcruciationX
January 15th, 2007, 16:30
Thanks for the help ^_^ Im currently running 3.03OE-A!
Sure. :)

Vash!
January 18th, 2007, 02:02
I will try to install 3.03eo-a tmr, I can just use that Data.dxar u got there in the zip file rite? so i can just skip the first step, i heard generating this file takes forever, so i thought that would help speed things up

ExcruciationX
January 18th, 2007, 07:42
I will try to install 3.03eo-a tmr, I can just use that Data.dxar u got there in the zip file rite? so i can just skip the first step, i heard generating this file takes forever, so i thought that would help speed things up
Yes, just put the two folders in the PSP/GAME/ folder, and run them from the XMB.

BoniBoy14
January 18th, 2007, 21:45
i need help guyzz....i have a psp...firmware 3.03 what can i do to play old games...HELLLPPPPP!!! i feel like im stuck in the future

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 12:46
i need help guyzz....i have a psp...firmware 3.03 what can i do to play old games...HELLLPPPPP!!! i feel like im stuck in the future
Nothing. You can't run homebrew on anything above 2.80. Do the following things...

1. NEVER upgrade again!

2. Wait for an exploit, and a downgrader.

Of course, you could buy a 1.50 PSP on Ebay. Just search "1.5 PSP".

Vash!
January 19th, 2007, 12:48
i just realise 3.03 has no recovery file. can i use the one in 3.02? or i just dun need it at all?

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 21:33
i just realise 3.03 has no recovery file. can i use the one in 3.02? or i just dun need it at all?

What? Do you mean the recovery folder?

It's where you put the 2.00 update so you can recover if needed.

If that's the case you don't need it.

Vash!
January 19th, 2007, 23:09
i thought u use recovery to do certain things like No-read UMD, or when something goes wrong u can go back to the original firmware b4?

can u update directing from 1.5, 2.00 or 2.71 using those file? some friend of mine is using this as well
thanks

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 23:29
i thought u use recovery to do certain things like No-read UMD, or when something goes wrong u can go back to the original firmware b4?

can u update directing from 1.5, 2.00 or 2.71 using those file? some friend of mine is using this as well
thanks
Yeah, that's what it's meant for.

You mean with my pack? It only contains the installer.

Vash!
January 20th, 2007, 00:05
the offical pack for 3.03 oe-a doesnt have the recovery file either, can I still use the one include back in 3.02? because I update straight from 1.5 to 3.03

thnax

Cloudhunter
January 20th, 2007, 00:14
Indeed you can :) You can use the recovery pack from 2.71SE onwards, as that part hasn't changed.

Cloudy

acn010
January 20th, 2007, 00:16
is there really an 3.03 OE-B?
ived been asking this for some time today

Vash!
January 20th, 2007, 00:46
is there really an 3.03 OE-B?
ived been asking this for some time today

its bean around for a few days now. check the threads

acn010
January 20th, 2007, 01:06