PDA

View Full Version : Before you can say 3.03OE-A.......

XioN980
January 5th, 2007, 00:47
King Squitter has updated his GUI for Popstation to 7.1, with 3.03 support. Just go into options and select compression!!

Thats all thats apparently in the changelog but he hinted to a BIG release coming up. Stay Tuned

:thumbup:

Download and Give Feedback via comments

-=EDIT=-

Just found out it was released with the old Popstation.exe!

Put the one released with 3.03OE A and the cygwin files into the Files directory/folder and it should work :)

shedeus
January 5th, 2007, 00:49
nice! now that's fast

LilSwish722
January 5th, 2007, 00:53
so this is for compressing the games?

Ihavenolife
January 5th, 2007, 00:54
This is by far my most favorite PSX converter, and I tried using popstation to convert but it is confusing...thank you king squitter. We salute you for your fast work and the brain-numbingly easy interface of your program

baracki96
January 5th, 2007, 00:57
wow, back to back releases is becoming the style nowadays.

porkypig22
January 5th, 2007, 00:59

DarthPaul
January 5th, 2007, 01:06
yay!! just what i was waiting for since i have 3.03OE!

kiore
January 5th, 2007, 01:07
Good work King Squitter Good work

x-zero
Holy cow the GUI it's already released im overwellmed by Dark_AleX's 3.03 OE-A now the King Squitter GUI thanks both of you.:eek:

gr42178
That was fast!!!! Just as easy to use the command line but this app makes it so much easier thanks king

zx-81
Awesome, so fast ! Keep it up !

XioN980
Look at original post for some important news!

mavsman4457
January 5th, 2007, 01:28
This is the best converter out there by far. I've actually only tried two but this was better than the other one and it is sufficient for me. I don't know what else I could ask for in a converter.

nyrtrublue
January 5th, 2007, 01:49
its said i was missing options.ini so i couldnt compress the file...plz help

DarthPaul
January 5th, 2007, 01:50
im getting an error using it,ill try the other converter and see if it works good,the error im getting says:

Invalid number of arguments.
Usage: popstation file.iso

joey561
January 5th, 2007, 02:26
OO, what else could be around the corner...?

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 02:44
For those who arent sure how to set it up:

A simple tutorial after youve extracted 303oe-a and psx2psp:

1. Copy both cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll(from your 303oe\popstation folder) to the psx2psp\files(or windows\system32 as either will work) folders on your hard drive. If it asks you to overwrite click yes.

2. Copy base.pbp and keys.bin(from hotshots 2 golf) to psx2psp\files folder.

3. Copy the new popstation.exe(from 303oe\popstation folder) to psx2psp\files folder.

4. Close your open windows your done. Open up psx2psp setup your options and roll with it!

Works great for me :) Have fun!

Kvonx
January 5th, 2007, 02:48
thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive bin waiting :)

Kvonx
January 5th, 2007, 02:58
i cant get it to compress

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 03:01
Compression settings are under options if ya havent configured it yet dont think it compresses.Also if ya copied the two .dlls to the appropriate folders it should work fine.

DarthPaul
January 5th, 2007, 03:12
For those who arent sure how to set it up:

A simple tutorial after youve extracted 303oe-a and psx2psp:

1. Copy both cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll(from your 303oe\popstation folder) to the windows\system32 folders on your hard drive. If it asks you to overwrite click yes.

2. Copy base.pbp and keys.bin(from hotshots 2 golf) to psx2psp\files folder.

3. Copy the new popstation.exe(from 303oe\popstation folder) to psx2psp\files folder.

4. Close your open windows your done. Open up psx2psp setup your options and roll with it!

Works great for me :) Have fun!

Dude...Thanks!!! It's working now! I'm converting an eboot.pbp right now...yay!

.:PSP1.0:.
January 5th, 2007, 03:27
Also you could put both cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll files into the files folder instead of the windows\system32 folders of your hard drive works just as well :)

But really this has to be by far one of the best front end converters out there.. Keep up the great work King Squitter! :)

12loogies
January 5th, 2007, 03:33
i also cannot get it to compress, i have double checked the config file and options, everything seems to be in order, but no compression with anything i've tried.

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 03:33
Also you could put both cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll files into the files folder instead of the windows\system32 folders of your hard drive works just as well :)

But really this has to be by far one of the best front end converters out there.. Keep up the great work King Squitter! :)

Cool! Didnt know that just remember reading the original readme when this came out. And it said to copy the files to there. Neither of the .dll files preexisted in windows\system32 originally(they didnt for me at least) and if it asked to overwrite it it just means you had a previous version installed. Have to agree with ya tho about the converter its my favorite simple to use and a small clean interface.

Dude...Thanks!!! It's working now! I'm converting an eboot.pbp right now...yay!

Np Glad I could help :)

Kvonx
January 5th, 2007, 04:15
perfect....i got every thing to work right THANKS BTW does any1 kno if we can transfer saves from the computer!!! :) that would b awesome, i can avoid some glitches

taiyoh
January 5th, 2007, 04:20
Very nice.

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 04:27
perfect....i got every thing to work right THANKS BTW does any1 kno if we can transfer saves from the computer!!! :) that would b awesome, i can avoid some glitches

cwcheat could convert ePsxe\.mcr saves in 3.02OE-B not sure if itd run on 3.03 as I havent tried it myself but Id wait for an updated version :)

Kvonx
January 5th, 2007, 04:54
man iocare im downloading it now..........TNXS BRA!!!!!!!!!:)

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 05:43
man iocare im downloading it now..........TNXS BRA!!!!!!!!!:)

hehe np enjoy and be sure to check out the readme about where to put and what to rename the .mcr file. As for cwcheat it may work its a prx but no idea :)

January 5th, 2007, 05:53
Cool! Didnt know that just remember reading the original readme when this came out. And it said to copy the files to there. Neither of the .dll files preexisted in windows\system32 originally(they didnt for me at least) and if it asked to overwrite it it just means you had a previous version installed. Have to agree with ya tho about the converter its my favorite simple to use and a small clean interface.

Yeah i had massive problems with the first converters that come out with 3.02 oa-b even tho i intalled those files in windows\system32 originally the converters still did'nt work.. so when King Squitters version of converters came out i found it heaps easy to just put all the files in the files folder and then convert :thumbup:

ACID
January 5th, 2007, 06:59
How much thoes it really compress. Im having trouble. The command prompt flips on and of in a second thoesent let me do anything.

12loogies
January 5th, 2007, 07:24
okay, figured out you cannot compress eboot, but, after extracting iso, then compressing, i'm getting
I/O error 998.
i appreciate any help

laraib
January 5th, 2007, 08:21
ok i was converting RidgeRacerType4 with the new compressing popstation and then it stioed and the eboot size i got was 36mb but the ebbots not working so i tried another game and the same thing happened then i tried RidgeRacer and it was 2mb but the same thing happend and it didnt work
wats wrong can anyone help me

FazPSP
January 5th, 2007, 08:37
Ok guys, i dont know why no one in this thread talked about the second MAJOR change in this FW from 3.02OOE-B which is the UMD REGION FREE FIX!!! Did anyone checked to see if that works.

By the way i've been using the PSX2PSP converter V0.7 by ZALBARD which includes the BASE & KEYS files. (this was posted on DCEMU but some saints removed it within minutes.... Luckily for me i DID got a copy before that ... hehehe.....). Now the question is: Is there a GUI that supports compression+3.03-A AND doesn't require you to have BASE.PBP & KEYS.BIN??

felonyr301
January 5th, 2007, 09:13
well i believe you would not see a version of that converter here because of the same reason it was taken down from here.

XioN980
January 5th, 2007, 09:14
Its better to compress the game when making the EBOOT out of an ISO, yes thes meens starting from scratch.

BTW Acid burn, i compressed a 666MB file (croc) to 323MB, it all depends on the Game data in the ISO for how much compressability you get. Its really quick at level 9 still :D

Baboon
January 5th, 2007, 09:30
Do saves from games that were originaly created on popstation on 3.02 oeB work on the new firmware etc once youve compressed them?

I've got quite far into GT2 and was hoping I wouldnt have to start from scratch again and use my existing save but with a new compressed eboot?

luke9704
January 5th, 2007, 09:34
i get I/O error 32 when trying to convert an iso, also the previous version stopped working mysteriously on my pc aswell. does anyone kno how i can fix this?

Vega
January 5th, 2007, 15:44
baboon - yes, your save file while stay intact :D Im on disc 3 of final fantasy ix, updated to 3.03 oe-a , and my save file showed up no probs (thank god)

anyhoo, is there an option in this gui to fetch the I.D of an existing eboot? like in smiths popfront?

EDIT : Actually never mind, I cn still use smiths to get the ID number, then use this GUI.

student1
January 5th, 2007, 15:47
Simply amazing dark alex you are a GOD amonsgs men :)

Necroxide
January 5th, 2007, 16:14
This is truly great i fit three games onto my 1 gig memory stick which are Resident Evil DC, Saga Frontier, and Parasite Eve Disc one with like 30 megs to spare

man this was awesome except the graphical glitch in Saga Frontier

Compression level 9

if you need any EBOOT Icons PM me

:thumbup:

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 5th, 2007, 16:43
Best GUI!!! thx alot for your hard work!!

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 16:44
the pal-ntsc dose not work for me it says that there is no code to patch in the iso help

12loogies
January 5th, 2007, 17:17
I/O error 998 on every compress/convert.

any ideas anyone?

fucht017
January 5th, 2007, 17:43
Does Resident Evil 2 working now?...You know..Just if Leon goes in the policestation..the screen turns black.:confused:

MicroNut
January 5th, 2007, 18:02
My favorite.

Lets me replace the warning image now.

Thank you!

PSP 101
January 5th, 2007, 18:35
I am trying to compress FF9. I am successful at compressing it, but when I load there is no picture. Could someone help please?

mcvader
January 5th, 2007, 19:12
I'm having the same problem as Gold Line with converting from PAL 2 NTSC, It may be because i'm using .img files created with clonecd, after the program finish's I get the error "Done. Did not find any code in iso to patch.". The game works in popstation but the screen in still off centre.

If anyones had any success with converting PAL 2 NTSC can you tell me what program you're using to make you're image files? thanks.

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 19:19
How much thoes it really compress. Im having trouble. The command prompt flips on and of in a second thoesent let me do anything.
Hes right it really depends on the iso some of them compress quite a bit and other isos it shaves only a little off of.

okay, figured out you cannot compress eboot, but, after extracting iso, then compressing, i'm getting
I/O error 998.
i appreciate any help
1. Start from scratch so it compresses the eboot while its converting your original ISO. :) I would at least.

ok i was converting RidgeRacerType4 with the new compressing popstation and then it stioed and the eboot size i got was 36mb but the ebbots not working so i tried another game and the same thing happened then i tried RidgeRacer and it was 2mb but the same thing happend and it didnt work
wats wrong can anyone help me
Make sure your ISOs arent compressed already generally they run anywhere from 200-800 mb depending on the game and this is uncompressed.

but i get I/O error 32 when trying to convert an iso, also the previous version stopped working mysteriously on my pc aswell. does anyone kno how i can fix this?
Hrmm Id resetup popstation from scratch overwriting any files it asks about. If ya need some help I typed a quick tutorial on page 2.

the pal-ntsc dose not work for me it says that there is no code to patch in the iso help
Either your iso was NTSC already or it was previously patched using something else :) my best guess.

My favorite.

Lets me replace the warning image now.

Thank you!
Hehe aye think you can even do away with it if ya want or make it a good pic :)

I am trying to compress FF9. I am successful at compressing it, but when I load there is no picture. Could someone help please?

Make sure your ISO is uncompressed also your ISO could be bad folks so keep that in mind it all depends on what ya use to make the image.

If you have more questions feel free to ask! I will try to help and hope this helps you some.

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 19:29
I'm having the same problem as Gold Line with converting from PAL 2 NTSC, It may be because i'm using .img files created with clonecd, after the program finish's I get the error "Done. Did not find any code in iso to patch.". The game works in popstation but the screen in still off centre.

If anyones had any success with converting PAL 2 NTSC can you tell me what program you're using to make you're image files? thanks.

Ive had some success using psx2psp pal-ntsc and it worked great but that was in v0.6!

I had tried that same iso with a different program and it came out corrupt everytime. The other program was zapper2k and it works on most games just didnt work on that particular one.

mcvader
January 5th, 2007, 19:47
I've tried zapper2k as well, it say's patching successfull but the screen is still off centre (makes no difference what numbers i put in) , I've just downloaded alcohol 120 to make a rip and tried iso mode with no success, I'm making a rip in bin/cue files now to see if that helps.

NightRaven
January 5th, 2007, 20:14
I've tried zapper2k as well, it say's patching successfull but the screen is still off centre (makes no difference what numbers i put in) , I've just downloaded alcohol 120 to make a rip and tried iso mode with no success, I'm making a rip in bin/cue files now to see if that helps.

Yeah I noticed zapper dont work with all the games but it works fine for most of em. Also ive had the most success using .bin files when converting to eboot. Hope ya get it figured out. :)

DrNicket
January 5th, 2007, 23:03
I've tried zapper2k as well, it says patching successful but the screen is still off centre (makes no difference what numbers i put in) , I've just downloaded alcohol 120 to make a rip and tried iso mode with no success, I'm making a rip in bin/cue files now to see if that helps.

With alcohol120% Use the image making wizard, select PlayStation for Datatype and choose "CCD" It will produce three files. The one you need is the .img not the .ccd. Even though the popstation programs want .bin and .iso, the .img works perfectly (I tested many times). You can rename to .iso or .bin if you want, but you don't have to.

luke9704
January 6th, 2007, 00:42
Thanks NightRaven, PSX2PSP works now

XioN980
January 6th, 2007, 02:22

A lot of people have had that problem, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next release ;)

disturbed19
January 6th, 2007, 03:38
i have a big problem.i just installed 3.03 OE-A from 3.02 OE-B And i am using PSX2PSP 0.7.1 For compressing and Custom Images and save files. Ive tried compressing about 10 different psx iso's and every time i put them in my game folder i get a Error saying THE GAME CANNOT BE STARTED (80020148). does anyone know how to fix this? or is there any other applications i can use? HELP ME PLZZZ I used 2 applications and dark alex's command line one. and the error keeps on comming up.

January 6th, 2007, 08:33

Hey there mate keep trying with Zapper2k, i live in Sydney Australia so i feel your pain and ofcourse all my games are PAL based.. When i use Zapper2k with the Y positioning option down bottom i leave it at 0 and 0 and when the program asks you if you want to back up copy choose NO then i think it'll ask you if you wanna apply ZAP? You choose yes.. Choose the .zap file then it'll ask you to find the iso file add the patch and the iso you choose will be patched ive used on my PAL version of MGS1 iso and its not PERFECTLY centred but heaps, heaps better try it..:thumbup:

luke9704
January 6th, 2007, 12:44
i have a big problem.i just installed 3.03 OE-A from 3.02 OE-B And i am using PSX2PSP 0.7.1 For compressing and Custom Images and save files. Ive tried compressing about 10 different psx iso's and every time i put them in my game folder i get a Error saying THE GAME CANNOT BE STARTED (80020148). does anyone know how to fix this? or is there any other applications i can use? HELP ME PLZZZ I used 2 applications and dark alex's command line one. and the error keeps on comming up.

i had that error when i didnt hav a umd inserted, hav u got 1 in ur psp when u try 2 start it?

luxoflux
January 6th, 2007, 17:31
awesome gui thanks. Works like a charm.

crazy_legs
January 17th, 2008, 13:26
hey guys just downloading this version and when i try and convert it comes up with
cannot open base pbp
go easy ive only just hacked my psp cheers guys
what im using is a clone image to convert tomb raider II pal with the latest gui that supports CCDA version 1.2 i belive appartly it works with that version
ive renamed the eboot.pbp i had to BASE.PBP and stuck it in the file folder am i making a mess here

Triv1um
January 17th, 2008, 14:16
This thread is a year old mate.

Use something up-to-date.

crazy_legs
January 17th, 2008, 16:04
rofl im an idiot any reccomends then ?