PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Ad Question

Elven6
January 5th, 2007, 01:02
Hey I had 2 questions:

1: If I took various Dreamcast ad's and made a DVD/VCD compilation from them and distributed them for free would that be legal?

2: Does anyone know the Song used in the ads that were used in many of the early European DC commercials?

JKKDARK
January 5th, 2007, 01:12
I don't think it's illegal since these ad's aren't showed now commercially.

Elven6
January 5th, 2007, 01:24
So would that mean a green light for this project in a legal term?

beetroot bertie
January 5th, 2007, 12:06
I'm not sure about the legal implications but surely the copyright for these ads still belongs to either sega or the agencies that were involved in the creation of them.

It would be good to have them preserved though, not that they were that effective - the UK ads didn't really do a good job of showing off the dreamcast for what it could do (grapics wise and game quality) and were probably too focussed on the online aspect of the console.

That said, there are quite a lot already on the net such as those at these places:

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_games_commercials.asp?S=13
http://www.gaming-age.com/specials/adspecial2/Commercials/Dreamcast/

Darksaviour69
January 5th, 2007, 12:30
since they are adds and the companies want them to be seen (ok a bit late now) i would not worry about legal issues. you can find most of the adds on you tube.

i think the song was "let me entertain you" by robbie "Shite" Williams (the one with the hair dressing racing )

Elven6
January 5th, 2007, 15:56
since they are adds and the companies want them to be seen (ok a bit late now) i would not worry about legal issues. you can find most of the adds on you tube.

i think the song was "let me entertain you" by robbie "Shite" Williams (the one with the hair dressing racing )

Yea the portugese commercials aswell has some European Commercial's had it (I think the ones before release did). Well thanks for your help, I can finally get started.

Darksaviour69
January 5th, 2007, 16:01
i actually have a dreamcast promo tape that games shops played

JKKDARK
January 5th, 2007, 16:49

Really? This song isn't from 2003 or more?

Elven6
January 5th, 2007, 23:43
i actually have a dreamcast promo tape that games shops played

Hey you think you can send me the files so I can add it to the disc if its possible?