PDA

View Full Version : The Halo Trilogy - years in the making?

Cap'n 1time
January 5th, 2007, 06:26
After looking at the latest ign images and getting all hyped up I decided to look on the internet for some more information on the Halo story. Somehow I ended up finding an ancient (1999) forum log. This had stuff from well before Halo was even announced in e3, but was in development under the code name "Blam".

Apparently this unknown user was using a bungie.com (apparently not net back then) email address under the alias "Cortana". He/She sent a series of cryptic messages. For shits and giggles I read the first one and one message stuck out above all others.

Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

That last line was spoken by Cortana in the Halo 3 trailer released last summer.

Interested I continued reading user messages and apparently the "poet Eliot" refers T.S. Eliot who wrote in his final verses of 'The Hollow Men':

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

It appears the Master Chief will fight, and should the world end then he will go out with a BANG.

There is so much more to connect to the modern halo series. These odd emails written far back in 1999 could tell us things about halo 3 and perhaps the spin off series that is rumored bungie will take on after it completes the halo series. Anyway click on the link below for some brain busters.

http://marathon.bungie.org/story/cortana.html

Video_freak
January 5th, 2007, 06:48
Wow, nice find. I imagine you used the power of Google? I'll look into this. :)

Cap'n 1time
January 5th, 2007, 07:09
Wow, nice find. I imagine you used the power of Google? I'll look into this. :)

indeed.

joshisposer
January 5th, 2007, 07:55
That is creepy cool. I want to read that whole thing. Meh, i have time.

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 19:12
Awesome find, Cap'n!

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 01:35
ewwwwwwwww halo!

^its fine if you dont think its the best game in the world...but if u think it is, then EWWWWWWWWWW

Cap'n 1time
January 6th, 2007, 02:55
ewwwwwwwww halo!

^its fine if you dont think its the best game in the world...but if u think it is, then EWWWWWWWWWW

I say the same thing about ff7... only i say it sucks even if you dont think its the best game in the world ;)

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 04:04
i have never played a final fantasy game

no, w8, i played one for NES and that was it