PDA

View Full Version : Promoting DCEmu

zidanerick
January 5th, 2007, 06:52
I just noticed that the 3.03OE-A Digg post only has 8 diggs, considering there were over 200 comments some people could have at least gotten it to the front page, i want us to beat QJ for a change. I know it might bring the servers down in a glorious fashion but wouldnt it be good to get a heap of new blood for the forums?

Well thats my opinion, lets hear your views.

ACID
January 5th, 2007, 07:08
Why everybody knows DCEMU is a trillion times better then Q.J

joshisposer
January 5th, 2007, 07:47
I do like DCEMU's quality more but it's just not as popular and sort of spammed as much as QJ. QJ posts a lot of stuff, which is cool because something will come up, but a lot of the time it is just more Lua spam and ads and crap. I do like dcemu a bit more but it just doesn't get as much info and popularity as qj.

scarph
January 5th, 2007, 10:25
im gonna get flamed for this but i almost always use qj for my news/downloads. the download speed is better and their file.qj section is a lot better. Theres no archive on this site, what if i wanna play snes emu.

i use these forums cus i like the community/commenting on the front page.

souLLy
January 5th, 2007, 11:41
I've heard lots of things said on the subject and I personally think the main thing to keep in mind is:
-DCEmu is independent
-QJ is owned by a company wanting to make money from the scene

That said, lets not make this thread a site wars thread, the original point of the thread was to talk about promoting DCEmu ;)

bah
January 5th, 2007, 12:08
Scarph: Wouldnt you just look down the LHS of the front page for the SNES heading?
I guess it would be nice if they were listed by number of downloads or something to show popularity but I can handle looking at a cpl of release threads to determine which is best in the common opinion.

Surely wraggs would like to/does make a buck from the site :)
Nothing wrong with that as the man started a great group of sites, personally I far prefer dcemu to QJ but if your the other way around I dont see why you should be flamed for it.

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 12:15
I personally don't like QJ, but it's each to their own. As long as you get the info one way or another it's all good.

Darksaviour69
January 5th, 2007, 12:49
about digg

http://digg.com/search?s=dcemu&submit=Search&section=news&type=all&area=all&age=7&sort=new

Gizmo356
January 5th, 2007, 12:53
I don't like qj because you need to pay for a premium accont and it loaded with ads.

S34MU5
January 5th, 2007, 13:21
QJ are okay, for files etc.
and the GFX community is very good. but there a bunch of dicks. they just flame your work.

But zionmax.com is very good aswell:D

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 13:23
Zionmax.com has the potential to be huge!!

Accordion
January 5th, 2007, 15:22
this is off-topip, but so is most of the other posts.

concerning the download issue, if it was possibl to create a download history for each member, it would be helpful for those who get new computers/harddrives/etc

Zion
January 5th, 2007, 16:25
Dcemu is the best :D QJ is crap, and ZionMax.com is sitting under dcemus shadow :rofl:

JKKDARK
January 5th, 2007, 16:48
QJ gave me herpes

ExcruciationX
January 5th, 2007, 19:33
The only thing QJ is good for is downloads.

I like the community here. I'm a DCEmu exclusive! :rofl:

zidanerick
January 6th, 2007, 13:43
The original point of this thread wasnt to start a war between QJ and DCEmu, it was to try and make our digg posts to the front page, at least that way people will know about DCEmu a bit more. I hadnt even heard of DCEmu until Wally told me when i first got my psp, otherwise i probably still would not of found it.

Darksaviour69
January 6th, 2007, 15:14
right guys, no more QJ bashing, stick to topic like zidanerick said