PDA

View Full Version : The Dcemu revival campaign!!!!

shadowprophet
August 6th, 2012, 18:03
Okay. So I was gone for a few years, but the dcemu I left was a much more robust community.. times have indeed changed.. but you know what hasn't changed? The gamers love for emulation.. let's break this down.

DC-EMU that means dreamcast emulation,

People's love for emulation hasn't died. In fact more people then ever are now admiring fans of this great wonderful thing that is emulation.. I come back to dcemu just to be told the scene is suffering because console developer's have created new and improved provisions that stop soft modding nearly in it's tracks....

When I was in my hay days at this site the most popular thing going was the psp. When it was softmodded the homebrew scene cought fire and became something more then just a community.. it brought Hombrew to new hights.. and now here we are in 2012 and the fire doesn't burn as brightly as it once did.. but I tell you all here and now. It can burn again!!!

People's love for emulation and homebrew, hacking and modding is still burning!! The problem is that our scene does not reflect that love for our craft.. there are countless smartphones that will play homebrew and emulation in untold numbers of people's hands right at this very moment.. and who's fault is it that we are not serving these people the homebrew and emulation we love so much?? It's yours and mine.. we have lost our spirit, our motivational drive. And we have became less active.

This is a message for wraggster and kaiser and darksaviour and blue and pspdemon and sniper and shrygrue and gpf and quzar and me.

The problem isnt the scene.. it's us.. we have all lost our drive and lost our spirit and yes. The scene will suffer because of that. It is our responsibility to deliver the scene to the masses!!! And we have been doing a piss poor job of that.. I urge everyone to come to irc freenode #dcemuuk the scene isnt dead. But how can it live if we don't do our damned duty to this great ship Dcemu..

We need to pull together to run this ship and make this scene great..

I feed off your fears

Shrygue
August 6th, 2012, 21:24
Shadowprophet, it has been ages since I saw you last. Not even seen you on Playstation Network anytime either. Where have you been these days? Please tell, I'd love to know.

It is true, there's not much activity here these days and a lot of the old folks that were here have long gone. However emulation and console hacking is ace, I still use my trusty PSP 2000, I even repaired from part 3 1000 models and all have custom firmware running. I've been getting back into emulating the Sega Genesis on the PSP all the same, Picodrive being the one to use. Game Boy Advance emulation too, using gpPSP or whatever was it called again, does a real good job running whatever I chuck at it.

These days I now have an iPhone 4 (not 4S mind you), there's lots of applications and tweaks for it. If it weren't for it, I'd still be using my old HTC Touch Diamond 2 on Windows Mobile 6.5 using EnergyROM, Jan 16 21889 build, or the HTC Kaiser using Schaps rom 4.40. There's a handful of stuff there plus the TD2 is a decent phone in itself that can run Android from SD card. What I'd like to see though is that from the internal NAND flash memory, it'd be ace to have happen.

We need to work out how to turn this place around and get some regular, posting users here again. It's been so quiet here for a long, long time. Perhaps a meeting of minds and ideas should be in order at some point soon. I'd like to see the old days of 2006 and 2007 come back, they were great times.

shadowprophet
August 6th, 2012, 21:43
I knew if I could depend on anybody shry it would be you!! I've heard tales of how hard you work still this day to help keep dcemu going.. you are the man shrygue.. you have been here since back in the day and you have been dedicated to the scene since..

As of right now my current plans are to try to group as many of us oldbie crew members together and possibly get communications flowing between staffers.. this will take efforts and compromises on all parts of all individuals involved.. I was hoping to get meetings set up in the irc channel and then if and when we can get enough support.
We can focus and be a team... we need our staffers to try to be as active as their schedules allow and we need news posters to help take the load off wraggs.. we need a Google man to keep us at the top of the emulation/gaming news search engines. Then once we are on the right track with active staff and fresh news posters dcemu can't do anything but grow from there..

To the lighter side of the news.. well.. I divorced my ex wife.. I fell in love with my first love. Her name is heather. I finished college. Psychology major. It was fun.. settled down into my new family and now I have more time to focus on hobbys.. like making dcemu shine again.. with more support from staffers like you shry there is no way we can fail bro :)

I feed off your fears

Wally
August 7th, 2012, 02:28
I'm with ya Shades :)

shadowprophet
August 7th, 2012, 02:59
We can and will save our ship. The first steps are already taken and it wouldn't have been possible without your support bro:cool:

I feed off your fears

Wally
August 8th, 2012, 00:52
No I feed off yours.

Shrygue
August 8th, 2012, 09:43
What's also needed as part of the revival would be to give the site another big overhaul and this time fix all the problems that are still present to this day (like missing or broken links, options not working).

Martin
September 16th, 2012, 13:50
Discussion continues here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/threads/482523-Support-the-DCEmu-revival-campaign!

Thread closed.