PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of the GBA Emulators?

wraggster
March 31st, 2004, 22:58
Those of you who have downloaded the many emulators for the Gameboy Advance must have an opinion of which emu is best, which needs work in a certain area, and so on and so forth.

This time last year i never thought i would see a Snes Emu for the GBA, it was laughed at in many forums yet the amazing coder called Loopy has made it possible and whatever games he gets it to run is a major achievement, for me the Nes emu called PocketNes is fantastic and also the Gameboy Emu GoomBA is also excellent, tell us your opinions in this forum topic.

steveola
April 14th, 2004, 20:04
I agree with you on the PocketNES emulator, its just soooo good!

However, I always had a soft spot for the Spectrum, so the 2 available speccy emulators excited me more.

ZX Advance is quite good, but you need to make each spectrum game a self booting GBA file.

Foon is a better one, but its not finished, the system menu has very little working, but I think overall its a little more polished than ZX Advance.

I'm also looking forward to the PC-Engine emulator but I dont think its playable yet.

wraggster
April 14th, 2004, 20:21
PCE Advance is very playable :)

Theres a good 40 or so games that run well apparently

Goomba is a great gameboy emu too, well worth a look.

The snes emu is one major coding piece of excellence.

http://pdcovers.netfirms.com for all the info ;)

steveola
April 14th, 2004, 20:31
Wow, thanks for the heads-up on that. *It has been a while since I checked on its progress.

Will try out the new version and let you know what I think.

Not really into Gameboy emulation though, because i have a GBA bridge for my Flash Advance.

I must say, i find SNES emulation on the GBA a bit ambitious, most power systems have trouble with it (PS2, DC, etc.)

wraggster
April 14th, 2004, 21:04
yeah it only plays small games but what an achievement