PDA

View Full Version : Sony hates music games: no Traxion or Frequency?

wraggster
January 5th, 2007, 11:02
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/04/sony-hates-music-games-no-traxion-or-frequency/)

IGN's David Doel recently had a conversation with Harmonix, the development team behind games like Frequency and Guitar Hero. The team proposed a sequel to the fan-favorite Frequency and Amplitude for the PSP, however Sony declined their request. The music game would've been well suited for the PSP, as the excellent gameplay of other music games, like Gitaroo-Man, show.

However, to add insult to injury, it appears that the other music game heading to the PSP, Traxion, has also been canned. This music game from LucasArts was supposed to allow players to import their own songs into the game, a "Frequency-killer," as reported by IGN's nixice. He didn't give a reason, but it's sad to see that the music genre seems to be so neglected on our handheld.

Ichijoe
January 5th, 2007, 12:53
And again....

Why the F*ck is the PSP™ dyeing again?!?
WTF is wrong with those Idiots @ S0NYŽ™, do they really want to kill off the PSP™?!

It would seem to me that it would be logical to want to support anything that could ~possibly~
sell, and I see no reasion.
Well beside the "American (Poop) Idol" Crap, that passes for Music on Mtv.
But, that's besides the point!

Boardman2411
January 5th, 2007, 13:49
Any game should be "allowed" to be made for the psp (or any console for that matter). The picky-ness of sony has been one of the major downfalls and will continue to be a problem until the cease with their lack of imagination.

geise69
January 5th, 2007, 14:06
Then why do we have Lumines I&II, Gitarooman, and Every Extend Extra? How are these games any different really?:confused:

Hungry Horace
January 5th, 2007, 16:09
music "games" are dumb anyway. though denying developers the chance to make more games is also dumb. how about someone makes a proper sequencer for the PSP instead though?

oh wait, there's psp-rhythm, it's free, and the developers actually listen to the users....

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 16:20
loco roco, i hate sony

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 16:23
music "games" are dumb anyway.

That comment would make you an enemy of my missus. She loves Lumine and Lumines II as well as PSP Revolution

Hungry Horace
January 5th, 2007, 16:33
That comment would make you an enemy of my missus. She loves Lumine and Lumines II as well as PSP Revolution

you should tell her to learn how to program music..... she'd find it much more rewarding!!

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 16:35
I think she just likes stuff like that for the unlockable videos and songs she knows.
And if I TOLD her to learn to program music, she'd TELL me to **** OFF.

Hungry Horace
January 5th, 2007, 16:42
I think she just likes stuff like that for the unlockable videos and songs she knows.
And if I TOLD her to learn to program music, she'd TELL me to **** OFF.

is that the sound of a whip cracking i hear? oh no, it's just the sound of dj kirby's pinball under the thumb! ;)

ps. your sig. is technically illegal...:rofl:

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 16:48
I'm definitely whipped and glad to admit it. My wife is too hot not to obey. Why is my sig illegal?

lakirkby
January 5th, 2007, 16:57
[QUOTE=Hungry Horace;319920]music "games" are dumb

Do you want to be in my bad books?lol
there is nothing wrong with music games.
I always play on lumines my highest score is over a million so thats how much i am on it.:p

Project.funky
January 5th, 2007, 17:04
I'm definitely whipped and glad to admit it. My wife is too hot not to obey. Why is my sig illegal?

Well because your using the guy from family guy which im sure is copy rited

and your using 10 and 20 pound notes with out that proof sign on

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 17:06
Well because your using the guy from family guy which im sure is copy rited

and your using 10 and 20 pound notes with out that proof sign on

Says the person with a tellytubby avatar!:rofl:

alucard001
January 5th, 2007, 21:34
Says the person with a tellytubby avatar!:rofl:

lol

Nikolaos
January 5th, 2007, 22:43
idiots lol, they shudent complain bout games on the psp haha... they mostly suck ne ways..

Hungry Horace
January 6th, 2007, 01:04
kirkby pinball boyo...

theres' technically "reproduction of currency" within you sig. which is always illegal, without something like "VOID" printed on it.

although of course you would never be pulled up on it!

Do you want to be in my bad books?lol
there is nothing wrong with music games.
I always play on lumines my highest score is over a million so thats how much i am on it

eek! doesnt take much adding up to work out who that is... hehe

mr.oddball
January 6th, 2007, 04:19
im curious as to what kind of music you music-game haters listen to...

oh, and btw, i see no point in being a music critic. If you don't play music, don't judge it.

Vega
January 6th, 2007, 14:15
I dont know about you guys, but I loved the Music games for PS2 and Xbox.... you know, like Music 3000 and MTV Music Generator. That shit was fun. I had the sampler for PS2 (manufactured by Jester) and ripping beats and vocals and remixing was great to pass in a hour or two. PSP could do this better, with MP3 / ATRAC3 ripping, and the headphone socket could work well as an audio out.

ah well.

Hungry Horace
January 6th, 2007, 19:04
im curious as to what kind of music you music-game haters listen to...

oh, and btw, i see no point in being a music critic. If you don't play music, don't judge it.

i'm a stuido producer / engineer myself, and for casusal listening i mostly listen to my own stuff, or my own DJ mixes i've put together of other people's stuff.

i'm heavily into dance / electronica, mostly becasue thats what i enjoy writing, but i prefer finding the more obscure stuff, even in this genre.

i like some bands, but they tend to be trashy lo-fi rock bands, and they are few-and -far between... i also love some classics like the Beatles, which you just cant argue against.

i agree about the music critic thing, everyone has their own tastes. I just happen to thnk music games are pointless when you could be using the same skills for writing your own stuff or DJing!

@ Vega - use PSP-Rhythm.... it's 100 time better than Music 3000... and MP3 samples are processor heavy without conversion back to WAV, and are of undesirable quality for proper studio work!