PDA

View Full Version : AutoPopstation: Convert PSX to EBoot Easier

wraggster
January 5th, 2007, 11:06
New release from TheAceofFire:

Heres the details:

Dark Alex's new popstation requires even more data to be passed into the exe. I made this package so that it can do the following:
1. Checks to make sure you have all the dll's installed, installs them if you don't have them.
2. Checks to make sure you have the Hot Shot 2 files correctly named and placed.
3. Displays all ISO's and BIN's, and asks you which one to choose.
4. You can view all inputs before running the program, and redo them if there is a problem.
5. After running, it creates a folder based on the ISO name inside Results, which you can simply move to your (/psp/game) folder.

^_^ Done!
You still require Firmware 3.03 OE A to run this if you decide to compress the iso. I have tested this with FF8, at level 9, and the difference wasn't bad: 699 MB before, 557 MB after, a difference of 142 MB.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Uchiha Sasuke
January 5th, 2007, 11:20
Does the method of dragging the Popstation.exe icon into the Start - Run bar and then pressing spacebar before dragging the PSX image into the bar work still i wonder? I found that method way easier than typing in the stuff into Popstation. :P

Snk_Master
January 5th, 2007, 11:51
THX man my days shine brighter now ^^.

XxunknowxX
January 5th, 2007, 13:46
the size is still big but is better then before thnx

DarthPaul
January 5th, 2007, 13:49
i dont understand this... is this another GUI?

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 14:53
how can i change my pal final fantasy 7 to ntsc

theaceoffire
January 5th, 2007, 15:08
Sorry if this is confusing. I basically made a bat file that creates an interactive interface.

Just unzip my program somewhere (anywhere), put the Hot Shot 2 Eboot (Renamed to BASE.PBP) and KEYS.BIN inside, and click on popstation.bat.

^_^ It walks you through the rest.

chocomarker1
January 5th, 2007, 15:36
one question though..what about this name you have to input, SCUS12345...

can you input any fantasy name or why is this actually required?

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 16:16
i dont like ff series... its for nerds with big greecy spots

R4mbo
January 5th, 2007, 16:22
Hi there,
I need you help guys^^

I was inactive for the last 2 weeks and haven't visited this Page ;(. So i'm a bit uninformed about this stuff...
I know there is a new Custom Firmware from Dark_Alex, BUT:

- What is PoPstation?
- You talk about "Convert PSX to EBoot" what do you mean with PSX Boot? Iso's for a homebrew emulator or for the Official Sonyemulator???
- Why converting PSX Isos to EBoot?

Help me please :D

Shrygue
January 5th, 2007, 16:26
This tool should make converting PSX isos into eboots easier and quicker.

theaceoffire
January 5th, 2007, 16:26
one question though..what about this name you have to input, SCUS12345...

can you input any fantasy name or why is this actually required?

That is done determine what memory card it works with I think. Anywho, that value is under the ESRB rating on the outside of the box (Search google sometime for a pic of the box, zoom in).

Most stuff over here will be **US something I think.

theaceoffire
January 5th, 2007, 16:34
Hi there,
I need you help guys^^

I was inactive for the last 2 weeks and haven't visited this Page ;(. So i'm a bit uninformed about this stuff...
I know there is a new Custom Firmware from Dark_Alex, BUT:

- What is PoPstation?
- You talk about "Convert PSX to EBoot" what do you mean with PSX Boot? Iso's for a homebrew emulator or for the Official Sonyemulator???
- Why converting PSX Isos to EBoot?

Help me please :D

Popstation lets you convert PS1 ISO's into a format you can run in your PSP, firmware 3.03 OE A.

PSX Boot = PSX ISO = Image of your ps1 disc.

ISO's for the official SonyEmulator. But only works on 3.03 OE A and up.

The new converter let's you compress your games, removing around 100-200 MB in size. That is why.

Cloud_35
January 5th, 2007, 21:16
i dont like ff series... its for nerds with big greecy spots

YOU RACIST B@5T4RD!!!!

alucard001
January 5th, 2007, 21:21
YOU RACIST B@5T4RD!!!!

lol:D

kieso
January 6th, 2007, 07:38
Sorry I'm a newb to this. I'm so lost. does anyone have a guide for this? i read the readme and i got the hotshots2 & keys.bin in the same folder as the autopopstation2 folder & an iso file plus tje cygwin1.dll there too. I was trying to convert a tekken3.iso and i get clear to the end about compression(1-9) and It won't convert it. Please, any suggestions

R4mbo
January 6th, 2007, 15:46
Popstation lets you convert PS1 ISO's into a format you can run in your PSP, firmware 3.03 OE A.

PSX Boot = PSX ISO = Image of your ps1 disc.

ISO's for the official SonyEmulator. But only works on 3.03 OE A and up.

The new converter let's you compress your games, removing around 100-200 MB in size. That is why.

Thank you alot!

darkness angel 777
November 6th, 2007, 16:06
yes but where is the keys.bin?

kryst abegnalie
November 7th, 2007, 02:17
yes but where is the keys.bin?

Just search it in the google, i think its included in the downloaded hot shot golf from ps3network, but im lucky i found it in the net ;)

ognewjack
November 7th, 2007, 03:17
so can i make my own iso's from old psx discs i have and use this to play them on my psp? I'm new to the home brew scene but have a bunch of old psx games in a box somewhere i would love to play again. Thanks

ICE
November 7th, 2007, 04:36
Stop Bumping Old Threads!

bschran
February 4th, 2008, 15:05
oky doky folks anyone who didnt know how to find the scus-12345 ect. heres a simple trick ive found if you dont have the box damaged the box or are just too lazy to look for the dang box. either open the disk in your windows explorer from "My Computer" or if you have a .iso file then open it with an iso reading program and look for a file that says somthing like SCUS_12345 (the 12345 will be the apropriate number you need) SCUS SCEU SCES etc.

arim80
February 24th, 2009, 12:42
how to use autopopstation?