PDA

View Full Version : New PSone game: Jumping Flash

wraggster
January 5th, 2007, 11:16
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/05/new-psone-game-jumping-flash/)

There's a new PSone game available for purchase on the PlayStation Store: Jumping Flash!, a first-person platformer that has you controlling a rabbit-like robot in a crazed world filled with evil animal-like creatures. With an arsenal of jumps and special weapons at hand, it's your quest to stop the evil scientist Baron Aloha.

The game costs $5.99 and still requires a PLAYSTATION 3.

DarthPaul
January 5th, 2007, 11:26
LOL!!!!! will sony keep on this? Dark_AleX rocks!!

joey561
January 5th, 2007, 11:36
Quite content playing Dino Crisis 2 atm, never mind sony.

Uchiha Sasuke
January 5th, 2007, 11:48
who the hell will play this game when you can play nearly all your fave PS1 games now? lol the naive consumers will no doubt pay for it tho.

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 12:38
Qucik, lets all update and buy a PS3. Jumping Flash. OMG That's amazing!!
PS It's a pity there's no sarcasm smily.

geise69
January 5th, 2007, 13:24
At least Sony is releasing some good games. However nothing is better than having ones you already bought years ago and playing them on your psp for nothing. Plus I have so many obscure shooters and import games that will more than likely never ever be in the sony store. Dark Alex has done more than anyone ever will for this scene. Thanks DA! :)

lforster
January 5th, 2007, 14:38
i love jumping flash, i especially love the copy i've already got and i am playing on my 3.02 oe-b firmware!

MikeDX
January 5th, 2007, 14:52
Shame theres no law that allows you to copy from one format to another.... So much for iso talking, if you copy your own psx games to your psp, then that is NO LESS PIRACY than downloading it, or in the eyes of the law, stealing it from a shop.

I don't make the rules...

kardiss
January 5th, 2007, 15:33
Is there any chance that PS1 emulator embedded in this game enhanced from 1st gen Sony PS1 emulator (in HotShots, Syphon Filters, and etc)? There were a little compatibility problem in some games in the PS1 emulator extracted from HotShots and I was thinking may be future PS1 games will have the better emulator embedded? Just my guess. When I get home I should try to make EBOOT.PBP out of this game.

aries2k4
January 5th, 2007, 15:41
Sometimes the laws are stupid.
Canīt wait to dish out 600 big ones for a ps3 when it finally comes out in Europe plus 5, 6 bucks for Resident Evil(which I already own). Yep, thatīs justice and fairness.
OR
I can just backup my copy(which I paid for), convert it, throw it on my ms, play it on my psp with 3.02 OE and tell $ony to blow me!!!
Hurray to DA who helps out the little guy. Heīs Santa and Robin Hood mixed together.

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 15:56
lol, i have never herd of that game

Ennohex
January 5th, 2007, 17:25
It costs $5.99 for everybody else, I have to PAY for bandwidth. It'll cost me $7.00 more to download it.
Which would be OK if sony IMPROVED the emulation to decrease the loading times and such.

jimmi
January 5th, 2007, 20:13
jumping waah?

IndianCheese
January 5th, 2007, 21:08
They should get some of the REAL classics on there. They were on the right path with Crash, but where are the second and third ones? And where the hell is Spyro??? He is like the PlayStation mascot if Crash isn't.

alucard001
January 5th, 2007, 21:24
dumbest game ever

lforster
January 5th, 2007, 21:42
Shame theres no law that allows you to copy from one format to another.... So much for iso talking, if you copy your own psx games to your psp, then that is NO LESS PIRACY than downloading it, or in the eyes of the law, stealing it from a shop.

Well I'll repent on my deathbed then.

stormuk
January 5th, 2007, 23:14

Are you sure? in this instance its not a different format its still a ps1 game - the emulator is the psp software.

Zourn
January 6th, 2007, 01:49
Playing converted ISOs is not piracy, per se, otherwise it would be illegal to copy CD's to cassettes, or LP's to CDs, or rip CDs even(and it IS legal to rip CDs).

The only way Sony could hit for this is an unintended use for a paid program.

EDIT: Just for clarification, I am only referring to American Law, it's referred to a "place-shifting" in the Audio Home Recording Act (AHRA) of 1992.

Veskgar
January 6th, 2007, 07:37
Is there any chance that PS1 emulator embedded in this game enhanced from 1st gen Sony PS1 emulator (in HotShots, Syphon Filters, and etc)? There were a little compatibility problem in some games in the PS1 emulator extracted from HotShots and I was thinking may be future PS1 games will have the better emulator embedded? Just my guess. When I get home I should try to make EBOOT.PBP out of this game.

The PSX EMU is embedded in the firmware and not the game, correct?

Mainly in the .prx files. popcorn.prx, etc.

So I guess SONY could add enhancements or modifications in firmware updates. And Dark_AleX may be able to as well.

QUESTION:
Does this game work in 3.03 OE-A? I know you can convert a PSX disc of this game to work but does the official SONY release work?