PDA

View Full Version : Halo DS was "fully playable"

wraggster
January 5th, 2007, 11:28
What must be the game that defined the Xbox and now the Xbox360 was playable on the Nintendo DS according to a newpost over at CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=153416)

A version of legendary Bungie shooter Halo was "completely up and running and fully playable" on Nintendo DS, according to IGN's Matt Casamassina.

In a post in his official Blog, Casamassina says that Halo DS was the brain child of an unnamed publisher other than Microsoft, but was eventually cancelled due to the "many egos involved" and other issues not mentioned in the post.

Even more amazing is that long-named journo also claims to have played a build of Halo DS, and describes it as "Metroid Prime Hunters but with a Halo facelift."

"I had the opportunity to run through the beginning beach area and noted while playing that it looked like Xbox Halo except on DS, it was running fast, and the control was responsive." He continues: "the trademark Halo music even played out of the tiny speakers of Nintendo's handheld. It is really, truly a damned shame that certain publishers couldn't make this happen."

So our hopes have been raised and dashed in just a few paragraphs. Would you have bought Halo DS?

Come on Microsoft, bring the the great FPS to the DS :)

Vegetable
January 5th, 2007, 11:52
Hahaha, Halo on DS. Yeah, right.

Atmoshuo
January 5th, 2007, 12:00
halo = overrated junk

Xcliber
January 5th, 2007, 12:50
sure halo sucks now but it would be nice to have another fps like metroid on the nds

toymin80r
January 5th, 2007, 13:53
why'd they cancel making halo on the ds? Halo would be way better than Metroid, especially the original halo, not the crap bungie's doing with Halo 3 and what they've already done with Halo 2.

vtd@.//
January 5th, 2007, 14:42
they should have made halo ds i would have bought two copies one to play and would to keep as collector's item...lol ... i t would have been fun too using wifi to multi-player and hearing killamanjaro through the ds speakers would have been priceless.

souLLy
January 5th, 2007, 15:19
I call shenanigans on this, sounds fake to me

BrooksyX
January 5th, 2007, 15:59
fake

bassCore
January 5th, 2007, 16:09
Shit Shit SHit!! Please make it happen :O

abeisgreat
January 5th, 2007, 17:15
Halo Ds is a nightmare and dream in one!

Mourningstar
January 5th, 2007, 17:38
It says it was leaked....

kcajblue
January 5th, 2007, 21:32
i wouldnt mind having more fps games for the DS.

DPyro
January 5th, 2007, 21:54
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3251/halods112zk0.jpg

basilb
January 5th, 2007, 23:09
i wanna see a vid of it in action

rigor
January 6th, 2007, 00:31
lol check this :D ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGLPngi5ogY

j/k

Broadus
January 6th, 2007, 00:53
Halo's overrated. But that's not the point.
How in the Hell would it run on the DS? No offense to the DS, but it would have to look awful if they wanted the player to see further than ten feet. The DS has even less buttons than the PSP, so there'd be no way to pull off a lot of necessary maneuvers.
I doubt Microsoft would allow their precious Halo games to go beyond XBOX or PC. They'd make their own portable system before they let Nintendo have a Halo game.

cloud_952
January 6th, 2007, 01:22
o_O Seriously.. what kind of retarded developer makes a game and polishes it WITHOUT the rights to publish it? That's just stupid.

This is bs.

kcajblue
January 6th, 2007, 01:35
How in the Hell would it run on the DS?it could be like halo zero.

bigboicee
January 6th, 2007, 09:35
But remember they made Oddworld on the GBA...

ACID
January 6th, 2007, 09:44
I think it would be nice to have another fps on the go.

Kraton
January 6th, 2007, 09:55
Halo's overrated. But that's not the point.
How in the Hell would it run on the DS? No offense to the DS, but it would have to look awful if they wanted the player to see further than ten feet. The DS has even less buttons than the PSP, so there'd be no way to pull off a lot of necessary maneuvers.
I doubt Microsoft would allow their precious Halo games to go beyond XBOX or PC. They'd make their own portable system before they let Nintendo have a Halo game.

There can be buttons on the touch screen -_-'' and of course Halo DS won't be the same Halo what you have played on Xbox.

I like to play Halo on DS because DS have only few fps game and only one is good >:I

TeenDev
January 6th, 2007, 17:44
M I always knew it was TRUE!!!! Take that people who don't like my avatar. This is wat I would love most....

crookedmouth
January 7th, 2007, 00:13
This is some evil joke then huh. What do you think, Did he take footage with a video capture?

It's after the drum machine app

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUs5K__57sk&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUs5K__57sk&mode=related&search=

edit: how come my links to youtube just show the apache code?

soad825
January 7th, 2007, 06:43
all i got to say is bull**** mother****** i ******* hate whoever the Bull**** mother****** ***licker stopped it. Oh yeah and did i say ****** bull**** dog balls licker son of a *****?

masterpaul
January 7th, 2007, 10:34
This game would own

TeenDev
January 8th, 2007, 02:11
all i got to say is bull**** mother****** i ******* hate whoever the Bull**** mother****** ***licker stopped it. Oh yeah and did i say ****** bull**** dog balls licker son of a *****?

well said but try to keep your language down next time, ok?;)