PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 ver 2 revealed: codename Zephyr

Darksaviour69
January 5th, 2007, 14:27
http://xbox360.dcemu.co.uk/gamepics/xbox_zephyr.jpg

Ever wonder why Microsoft hasn't released an HDMI cable for the Xbox 360, or whether the AV port was really capable of digital out? Well, here's your answer: we landed pictures of what appears to be the second Xbox 360 -- the Xbox 360 v2, if you will -- codenamed Zephyr. (The original Xbox 360, if you recall, was codenamed Xenon.) The long rumored about and awaited update to the console won't just feature a new, cooler 65nm processor, it's also finally added an HDMI port for full digital 1080p pleasure, as well as a 120GB drive, just what the doctor ordered. The 120GB drive may or may not come bundled with the kit, we don't yet know, just as we also don't yet know how much a Zephyr 360 is going to run (we imagine it'll go for the same price as currently so they can keep up a little on their expanding margin). But our very kind Xbox insider seemed happy to let us know we'd be able to get them "soon."
source: engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr)

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion £49.99 £26.97 Delivered FREE
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FElder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Xbox%2Fdp%2FB000BLHMTA%3F%255Fencoding%3DUTF8%26s% 3Dvideogames&tag=xbo360new-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738)

BrooksyX
January 5th, 2007, 15:50
I could care less HDMI since I don't have a TV that supports it or plan on buying one within a year. But I would get angry if they add a HDD that has 600% more space than the one i bought in December of 06. (I am guessing this will come out aug~nov of 07)

Darksaviour69
January 5th, 2007, 16:02
my guess is that the will drop the price on the current 20gb version and new 120gb will be the current price... just a guess

Elven6
January 5th, 2007, 16:12
I thought Microsoft said they would not release a HDMI console to stop confusion, seems kinda dark to be real.

briyan
January 5th, 2007, 19:08
this is fake. take a good look at the ethernet port, the supposedly HDMI port and the "PCI or PCMCIA lookin'" ports above it? come on. it's obvious that the dim background brings out the brighter shade of black on these weird looking slots, ports or whatever they are. i'm guessing you insert coins here for XBOX Live Arcade when u run out of points. i mean anybody can do a better job with MS Paint than this garbage.

Elven6
January 5th, 2007, 23:49
this is fake. take a good look at the ethernet port, the supposedly HDMI port and the "PCI or PCMCIA lookin'" ports above it? come on. it's obvious that the dim background brings out the brighter shade of black on these weird looking slots, ports or whatever they are. i'm guessing you insert coins here for XBOX Live Arcade when u run out of points. i mean anybody can do a better job with MS Paint than this garbage.

Yea, if it was legit I think MS would have done a better job with the lighting and the background n all. And Microsoft also said they would not do major hardware revesions like this to stop confusion, they said this when the first wave of bogus pics hit the net.

BrooksyX
January 6th, 2007, 00:23

I think the ports above the ethernet that you are talking about are actually the serial number and other numbers covered up. (Maybe you should get glasses).

The HDMI port does look real. but it would be such an easy task to add a female HDMI port to a 360 case that doesnt actually connect to anything.

Shrygue
January 6th, 2007, 00:29
The picture looks real enough for me to believe.

Video_freak
January 6th, 2007, 00:31
Holly crap this sucks. I just bought my console. I'll probably just tell them it keeps overheating since I bought the 1 year plan and they'll give me a new one if I'm lucky. :)

Xiofire
January 7th, 2007, 01:03
I didnt think Microsoft was like this, they were the only ones who didnt release updated versions of their consoles thus far

Sony:
PSX became the PSOne,
PS2 became the PSTwo (Or PS2 Slim)

Nintendo ->
Gameboy became Gameboy Pocket
GBA became GBA SP
DS became DS Lite.

Microsoft:
Xbox stuck to its guns, and didnt change.
Xbox 360 soon to be Xbox 360 v2, Why fix it, if it aint broke Microsoft? :confused:

-Xiofire

MasterChafed
January 7th, 2007, 01:36
It is broken. If you havnt seen the countless people with error 0102 and overheating problems then you need to open ur eyes. Every store in my region of the country (USA) that i know of have had at least one display console that went through error 0102 (three flashing red lights) and they had to have replacements. I even currently have this problem. SO microsoft does need to fix their problems hopefully their 65nm chip will do it. If not, they are screwed.

baracki96
January 7th, 2007, 02:10
I just saw this on gizmodo; its dark and unclear because it was supposedly taken by one the the people that worked on it. Seriously they better hand out some free hardrive upgrades or im gonna be seriously pissed. espeially if its the same price as the original 360.

gdf
January 7th, 2007, 15:05
i would be pissed if the 360 current model came down in price, buoght mine like 11 days ago and spunked about 340 pound on it + some games and crap. however i dont really care, none of thee new stuff affects me. i honestly don't need 120gb. anyway nobody seems to know how real this is, so meh.

tisti
January 8th, 2007, 21:26
I just saw this on gizmodo; its dark and unclear because it was supposedly taken by one the the people that worked on it. Seriously they better hand out some free hardrive upgrades or im gonna be seriously pissed. espeially if its the same price as the original 360.

Face it, its the same as the old one, only way better... Why do the DS and DSL make such a good example of that (more or less) :P