PDA

View Full Version : Iframes Advice

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 03:45
Im using iframes for certain features on my sites but the back ground stays white, is there any code i can put in the iframe for the back ground to be the same as the part of the site its posted on.

i have multiple sites so it would need to be a code that just says use the background on that particular site

souLLy
April 6th, 2005, 12:19
not that i can think of wragg... i think you'd need to use a different method to the one you're using now... php would do the job well and would seamlessly intergrate into a site unlike iframes.

curt_grymala
April 6th, 2005, 12:28
There is a way to make iFrames transparent. This was a long, on-going discussion at the HTMLCenter boards. Most of us thought it wasn't possible, either, until someone showed up and posted the code for it. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT - Well, I've just re-read through the topic that can be found here (http://forums.htmlcenter.com/showthread.php?t=649&page=1&pp=15&highlight=transparent+frame). It turns out that there are a lot of cross-browser compatibility issues with the transparency, but you can at least make it work with IE, and possibly Firefox.

Mental2k
April 6th, 2005, 22:10
Wouldnt includes be a much better way of doing it?

Frames are evil, and look bad, even the slightly less evil iFrames.