PDA

View Full Version : Sin and Punishment coming to VC

wraggster
January 5th, 2007, 22:51
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=153484)

Treasure president Masato Maegawa has confirmed that Sin and Punishment, a classic shooter that has gained legendary status among hardcore N64 fans, is on the way to the Virtual Console on Wii.

In an interview with 1up.com, Maegawa said Treasure is "planning to put it out on VC at some point, but it's probably going to be a while still. It's really up to Nintendo in terms of how they want to stagger things out - they could probably put 1,000 games on there tomorrow if they wanted, but obviously they don't want to do that."

So it's a way off it seems - probably not due to come until Nintendo has exhausted most of the rubbish NES games it seems to be putting on it at the moment - but that's great news for all the hardcore fans that were hoping to see it here.

The critical question for UK fans is: will Nintendo/Treasure make the game available on the UK Virtual Console even though it never originally got a UK release? We've thrown that very question at Treasure and will report the response the moment we get one.

Maegawa also commented on his enthusiasm for Wii, saying, "We love the Wii and want to work on it in the future, but right now we've got our hands full with the 360 and DS."

"It's just a matter of freeing up people in order to create a team to work on it. But absolutely, in the future, we'll make a Wii game. We've already been in discussions with Nintendo about it. We're just brainstorming right now, but I am already certain we'll be able to do something really unique with it."

If we could place a pre-order on the 'Wii game by Treasure', we would. Right now.

Herbster
January 7th, 2007, 10:47
Wow, I was playing S&P only yesterday, fantastic game.

geise69
January 8th, 2007, 15:50
The only way I can play this game on my tv is through s-video out of my computer to my tv. If this came out in the US I would purchase it in a heartbeat. Treasure is my favorite game company. It's a shame it never made it over state side or in the UK. There's already a fan translated rom of this game going around, but I'd rather buy and actual version of this game.

Herbster
January 8th, 2007, 20:51
I'm playing it on the xbox with Surreal64xxx, seems to work well so far.