PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo’s Wii Play - What is this Game Coming to the US Wii on 2/12/07

wraggster
January 6th, 2007, 01:01
via wiitod (http://wiitod.com/nintendos-wii-play-what-is-this-game-coming-to-the-wii-on-21207)

Wii play for the Nintendo Wii is a collection of 9 mini games that is to be released on 2/12/07. There are a few highlights to this game and I believe it will sell very well amoungst the growing popular titles. The kicker with this mini game collection is that it costs the regular $50, but it includes a $40 Wii-mote for free. You are really getting a $40 dollar wii-mote with a $10 game and with a total of 9 mini games, that makes it just over $1 per game, a screaming deal. Most Wii owners will be picking up extra Wii-motes for the future release of Mario Party 8 anyways, so this is a huge benefit.

Another great feature with this title is that Nintendo has incorporated your fashionable, customized Mii characters as players in the mini-games. I know my kids love making Mii characters and being able to play them in something other than Wii sports is going to be very cool. Also, the games in the collection will be both single player and two player games.

The mini-games to be included in the package are:

A shooting Range (from the images i have seen this game looks similar to Duck Hunt)
Table Tennis
Laser Hockey
Billiards
Fishing
Charge (this has to be the cow racing game as shown in the recent edition of Nintendo Power)
Tanks
Find Mii (I would assume that this is like Where’s Waldo, but for your Mii Character)
Pose Mii

Shrygue
January 6th, 2007, 01:04
I wonder how good those mini-games will be? Only time will tell...

zidanerick
January 6th, 2007, 04:02
Meh its soso, its got nothing on wii sports, but charge is awesome and so is tanks.

ICE
January 6th, 2007, 04:32
billiards and hockey should be fun

Cap'n 1time
January 6th, 2007, 04:45
billiards for wii.. Ive dreamed about thisl

Vibestar
January 6th, 2007, 07:50
In europe I was released with the Wii. I bought a pack with a extra mote and the game for a nice price...
the games are fun to play with friends. It's to bad there is no online modus tho...

linkenski
January 6th, 2007, 14:56
only the charge (cow racing) fishing and tanks game are something you wanna play more than once... most magazines in my country gave it 5/10
do not get too much excited... this game is not so great... i have only tryed it five times, and i got it with my Wii. Wii sports is better

snkrock25
January 6th, 2007, 15:37
Billiards is the only game ive seen was decent in previews.

It's great, nintendo is genius. They found the perfect way to entice us to get another controller and subliminically suggest that we invite people to play our wii's. I;m playin right into their hands, and i love it. :thumbup:

strumstrum
January 6th, 2007, 15:46
it was a bargain as it was only £5.00 more expensive than buying a Wiimote on its own, we play find Mii, shooting range and charge all the time and play the others sometimes, great party games, recently had friends round and after a few bevvies find mii, shooting and charge were the highlights of the night, more so than Wii sports.

certainly worth the money if you are after another Wiimote.

8b!T
January 6th, 2007, 16:19
lol 1. time europe was faster then us xD
i bought it before xmas for 50€ xD
the games are funny except billiard and fishing, they suck >.<

strumstrum
January 6th, 2007, 20:28
yeah the fishing is disappointing, why they made it a point at the screen affair I dont know, I think it is one of the mini games where you wonder 'just how clever is this motion tech'..