PDA

View Full Version : UnOfficial? gpSP kai jp 2.9 - GBA Emulator for PSP

wraggster
January 6th, 2007, 01:19
Takka (http://www.tfact.jp/psp/wiki/) has released a new Unnoficial Version of Exophases excellent GBA Emulator for the PSP.

Now we suggest you just use Exophases Last Release (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/gpsp-0-9-gba-emulator-for-the-psp-full-speed--46046.html) which was from a few weeks ago for stability etc.

for the curious heres whats new in this Unnoficial Version:

translation via elation (http://www.e-lation.net/site/news_7700.html?PHPSESSID=f658b717dd36f0df312b06a77 75d1574)

# Adding the clock indication/the battery remaining amount indication with the menu
# When ending it tried to reset to 222MHz
# When returning to the game from the menu, it tried the button inside the game
 (It returns being the point in time when the button is released)
# Adding the movement every of 5 lines with the R/L button when the selecting ROM and the like
# It depends on the information which was moved aside to BBS, around /mips_stub RTC. The correction of S
# Referring to the registry of PSP in the indicatory format of day and time
# 1.5 Folder name of business it corresponds to damage file non indication
# With BIOS of proper GBA/NDS starting possibility
# " The _ “was inserted in ROM name of the file name of statesave and between slot numbers
 Please rename the old statesave file
# Graphics of the menu/adding screen shot performance to setting of sound
 In the folder which with PNG RGB 24bit type sets with dir.cfg, it is retained at ROM file name + date time
# Adding the operation with the analog key at the time of the menu
# The modification of message.cfg/dir.cfg which is accompanied on description above
# In order to be easy to customize the menu screen, order of message was replaced
# Addition of the translation of message.cfg
# Adding reading [chitohuairu] to the menu
# It corresponds to non cryptographic [chito]
 As for format

direct_v? [chito] name AAAAAAAA DDDDDDDD

direct_v? With the identifier for non code, with v1 for PAR V1/V2 you can use the data before the encoding PAR V3 with v3
 AAAAAAAA operator cord/code/address and DDDDDDDD data
# Libpng is needed for the build from the source

Download Via Comments

baracki96
January 6th, 2007, 01:27
uh oh, didn't Exophase complain of knockoff of gpsp of his by other coders. As always though I respec good work and this is, undeniably, some good work.

hd_
January 6th, 2007, 01:42
Do we know if exophase gave permission this time? He said that he would get pissed off at any news site that posts a crappy unsupported version.

Vega
January 6th, 2007, 01:47
I say lets wait for exophase to get back on this one instead of jumping the gun ourselves. im pretty sure he will post here very soon.

Emeriastone
January 6th, 2007, 01:56
Yeah, come on. Exophase was pissed. Let's respect the man's wishes please. Ask permission.

gunntims0103
January 6th, 2007, 02:00
As i coder im all for inprovements, but it would be better for takka to go to exophase first and ask him if its okay to release a unofficial version......

Maybe even just work the inprovements into exophases most recent works and send it back to exophase, that way it will be part of a official release, and takka would aviod flamming as he's helping exophase directly. At least thats what i would do.

I don't see any inprovements to the emulators game compatibility or is it just me, seems he just inproved a bunch of menu stuff...

alucard001
January 6th, 2007, 02:06
he mentioned if proper use of NDS BIOS, there might be a possibility of nintendo DS emulation

Triggerman
January 6th, 2007, 02:14
he mentioned if proper use of NDS BIOS, there might be a possibility of nintendo DS emulation

Yepp, in fact he modificated it so that you can launch GameCube games with it if you got a proper BIOS file. But they didn't translate that from his changelog. :eek:

SpooForBrains
January 6th, 2007, 02:15
Unfortunately, this is the nature of open source software. Some of the libraries that Exo uses in gpsp are licensed under the GPL, which means that he has to release the source to his project if he wants to use them.

This, in turn, means that anyone can take the source and build their own project around it, or just repackage it. Unfortunately, that's how it goes. Were there trademarks involved, then the new project would have to be released under a different name, but there aren't, so it doesn't.

That's the POINT of Open Source. Without that, the libraries (and indeed the compiler) wouldn't have existed to build the project in the first place.

However, if Exo's project is better and more stable, that's what people will use, and, generally speaking, it is and they do.

xg917
January 6th, 2007, 02:56
um... NDS emulation would be weird.. how would we use the touchy part? :P but anyway, i see no difference with this release and exos original, i am still going to use exo's until he releases a new one some time. i am totally fine with the one i am using tho, no probs wt it

also! game cube would sooooo nooottttt be stable at all on psp, but i hope there is some way that its posible... also the games would take up the whole memory stick, so i doubt its posible

Vega
January 6th, 2007, 03:11
it states that with the right bios, nds and cube is a possibility , yea, its possible, at maybe 2 fps and so many graphical glitches that it would be rendered unplayable . Anything is possible, its just how well it gets pulled off that matters

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 03:36
The problem isn't that, it's the guy doing stupid and pointless changes just to gain attention.

I mean, at least if it was USEFUL... and if his idea was to really HELP he'd contact Exophase instead of doing bananas like that.

I'd bet Exophase's going to close the source soon, or at least only give it to people he trusts...

Unfortunately, this is the nature of open source software. Some of the libraries that Exo uses in gpsp are licensed under the GPL, which means that he has to release the source to his project if he wants to use them.
There are NO GPL licenses there... it's just zlib (zlib license, non-restrictive) and SDL (LGPL).

He might run into trouble with SDL if it's statically linked, but getting rid of SDL is easy.

Also he made the emulator open source because he wanted, not due to "libraries forcing it". If that was the case he wouldn't use said libraries in the first place.

Also, the part about NDS/Cube is completely off. There's NO WAY of emulating a DS with gpSP, well except most of it (since a small part is the GBA hardware). GameCUbe as it seems was someone joking or something...

The translation is probably wrong. Calm down people, NDS emulation is *-*NEVER*-* going to happen. Don't worry with dual screens or touch screens, you won't get 2FPS. It's like emulating a PS2 on an XBOX or better yet, emulating a Wii in a PS3 (although that last one is probably more feasible than NDS on PSP).

Emeriastone
January 6th, 2007, 03:36
I think the possibility for such things would be swell, but lets not stray from the point that Exophase wasn't too impressed with unofficial versions of gpSP.

gunntims0103
January 6th, 2007, 03:41
The problem isn't that, it's the guy doing stupid and pointless changes just to gain attention.

I mean, at least if it was USEFUL... and if his idea was to really HELP he'd contact Exophase instead of doing bananas like that.

I'd bet Exophase's going to close the source soon, or at least only give it to people he trusts...

Agreed! Takka is just doing these updates for pure attention. If he were really serious about helping out he would ask exophase for his latest work and update his changes to there, then send it back to exophase for a final official release.....

Veskgar
January 6th, 2007, 04:02
These unofficial releases have been garbage. No offense to Takka but he is clearly not respecting the wishes of Exophase. I've seen first-hand how hard Exophase works on gpSP. Especially with the latest release, gpSP 0.9.

Now this release is claiming a "possibility" of NDS and Game Cube emulation? Get real.

Clearly stating the possibility of such things is just for attention and recognition.

The current official release from Exophase is fantastic. I will be staying with official releases. Get the official release here:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/gpsp-0-9-gba-emulator-for-the-psp-full-speed--46046.html

Cap'n 1time
January 6th, 2007, 04:32
In previous versions of unofficial things have in fact been useful, I in fact remember exophase himself mentioning something was useful in the code that he would look into. Also as the source code is open (and hopefully it will stay that way) the only requirement of this person is to hopefully credit exophase on every release.

I am not knocking exophase, but even so, technically this coder is doing nothing wrong and shouldnt be looked scornfully upon. He is not stealing code and is not violating gpl unlike some coders, and sadly some that even visit dcemu.

I myself will use the official exophase release but you shouldnt bash this coder.

Also from what i read (and i might be wrong) he suggested support of the nds bios rom. Sounds like a feat, but he dosnt seem to even hint at emulating commercial roms. pre dec 2006 bluecrabs wonderfull port of the sega saturn emulator to the Dreamcast only emulated the the bios and nothing else (as far as i know) so it isnt exactly unheard of. I imagine the bios requires less of the hardware or processing power when compared to a commercial rom.

Tron_Fan
January 6th, 2007, 05:25
I've actually been using the kai 2.6 version of gpSP and found it to run more roms than gpSP09. *Shrugs* I just thought I should show some appreciation to Takka since everyone seems to be bashing on him/her and it’s worked great for me. Thanks!!!

Tonx_9
January 6th, 2007, 05:54
I think ppl should just stick to the official releases this one is just pointless. By the way i really need help using the cheat function on gpSP 0.9 plz pm me or email me with some info on how ta use it.(i have read the readme and im still confused!)

SpooForBrains
January 6th, 2007, 06:04
I personally don't get what all the fuss is about. It's pretty clear this isn't exo's version, and exo can sit back sound in the knowledge that his version is better, or at least that these versions offer little of value to people, and that people will continue to use and enjoy his future releases. I know which of the two versions I use.

lindseyak
January 6th, 2007, 09:14
anyone know how to disable the sound on gpsp? coz i wna play yugi and listen to mp3's.

adamos22
January 6th, 2007, 11:28
how to make this work on 3.03 OE-A ??

even i`m putting bios file whit EBOOT program says , there is no bios file on directory whit eboot ?

youaho
January 6th, 2007, 11:48
I have the some problem :(

hlide
January 6th, 2007, 12:27
Also, the part about NDS/Cube is completely off. There's NO WAY of emulating a DS with gpSP, well except most of it (since a small part is the GBA hardware). GameCUbe as it seems was someone joking or something...

I will second here. That is totally nonsense to think we can run GameCube games with gpSP : i need to use an GBA emulator to run a GC emulator on my PSP, totally crazy !

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 13:18
Hmm... maybe he was suggesting using the GBA BIOS included in the NDS for some reason... (compatibility?)

Blah, someone who knows japanese should translate that properly instead of relying on automatic translators :rolleyes:

SpooForBrains
January 6th, 2007, 15:53
Hmm... maybe he was suggesting using the GBA BIOS included in the NDS for some reason... (compatibility?)

Blah, someone who knows japanese should translate that properly instead of relying on automatic translators :rolleyes:

Now THAT would make sense.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 6th, 2007, 16:42
I'm not going to use thi, come on guys give respect to Exo.

SpacemanSpiff
January 6th, 2007, 18:48
Sounds like a good release, he added joystick support when using the menu and fixed the annoying bug where if you press X to leave the menu the game uses it as input.

Veskgar
January 6th, 2007, 20:39
how to make this work on 3.03 OE-A ??

even i`m putting bios file whit EBOOT program says , there is no bios file on directory whit eboot ?

The official release works perfect on 3.03 OE-A. I can personally confirm this.

Sounds like a good release, he added joystick support when using the menu and fixed the annoying bug where if you press X to leave the menu the game uses it as input.

Exophase was aware of the game registering the input when exiting from menu but was more focused on compatibility and performance with the official release.

That is something that Exophase can fix in a final release (1.0) where things like that can be tweaked to perfection. There are quite a few optimizations that Exophase had wanted to implement ;)

not here anymore
January 6th, 2007, 21:07
i like Takka's release.
For instance we can define a default ROM folder and gpsp will open it by default and all sorts of small tweaks.
Besides i don't understand something, if Exo doesn't want any unofficial versions, why does he release the source?
Later,

TSR

adamos22
January 6th, 2007, 22:03
The official release works perfect on 3.03 OE-A. I can personally confirm this.

Exophase was aware of the game registering the input when exiting from menu but was more focused on compatibility and performance with the official release.

That is something that Exophase can fix in a final release (1.0) where things like that can be tweaked to perfection. There are quite a few optimizations that Exophase had wanted to implement ;)
i know , official release is working perfectly , but this soft is`nt work : (

Vega
January 6th, 2007, 23:49
QJ *cough, bad taste in the mouth just then* has took this release off their site, and made a newspost about taking it off.

DIEx3
January 6th, 2007, 23:52
QJ *cough, bad taste in the mouth just then* has took this release off their site, and made a newspost about taking it off.

Hooray!

SpooForBrains
January 7th, 2007, 01:29
OK, I've just gone and checked the source package for gPSP 0.8 (upon which this is based). If you look under copying.doc you will find that Exophase has licensed the source code under the GNU General Public License.

This means that Takka's release is ENTIRELY LEGITIMATE. The only condition he needs to adhere to is that he must also release the source code to his derivative work WHICH HE HAS DONE.

So why the hell did they take it down, hmm? Does no one understand about open source software around here?

ETA: I should define "here" as the general PSP homebrew "scene" including dcemu and QJ.

grit
January 7th, 2007, 04:00
Exophase has licensed the source code under the GNU General Public License.

This means that Takka's release is ENTIRELY LEGITIMATE. The only condition he needs to adhere to is that he must also release the source code to his derivative work WHICH HE HAS DONE.

Exactly!!

SpacemanSpiff
January 7th, 2007, 05:10
i like Takka's release.
For instance we can define a default ROM folder and gpsp will open it by default and all sorts of small tweaks.
Besides i don't understand something, if Exo doesn't want any unofficial versions, why does he release the source?
Later,

TSR

I actually asked him that in a previous thread, but he said I was too stupid to understand his reasons :(

Exab
January 7th, 2007, 05:56
I just want to add on free software, and what I think is the reason why Exo doesn't like Takka's work.

Usually, in an open source software development, there is a common directory ( CVS or SVN for example ) these directories keep older versions of files in memory and can provide the differences between two version of the same file.

Normally, when a second developer wants to help, such a directory is made and it can be split up into multiple projects for example. An official project and a more experimental one. When good ideas emerge from one, it can be incorporated into the official project.

Also, in bigger projects, devs will usually modify the files that are on the CVS/SVN, and then a kind of moderator of the source code, will decide if the work is good and of enough quality for the project and add the code to the official project.

I'm sure Exo would have preferred an approach like this, where everyone can work on the same project and where all the work done can be incorporated in a quality project with a single official release. While the other releases are still available on the project's website but only in source code form ( sometimes binaries too ), for the testers and other devs, or the more adventurous user. While only the official quality work is offered upfront to the general users of the software.

This is not what we are seeing, we are seeing Takka modifying the code of Exophase ( this is all fair ) and releasing it as a modified version's of Exophase's work ( this is kinda fair ), but without making it easy for Exophase to add the changes ( if they are of enough quality ) to the official project. Thus, creating a competition between the two release.

The problem here is the lack of cooperation between Takka and Exo, the big open-source softwares were not made out of competition, they were made from cooperation.

This is my take on the issue and I'm pretty sure this is how Exophase feels and I hope it might help some understand some reasons behind this.

Exophase
January 7th, 2007, 10:47
I actually asked him that in a previous thread, but he said I was too stupid to understand his reasons :(

You know, you really have a lot of nerve. I happened to post several lengthy posts explaining myself, to which you replied "that's nice" and basically ignored them. And now you come around saying things like this.

Troll.

I actually did say that Takka could release a version that was nothing more than a Japanese translation, in interest of accessibility (and obviously that wouldn't cause any confusion, and would clearly be an alternative release), and of course he runs off with that and loads a bunch of crap in it and releases that. I don't know what the point is in asking me to release a translation if he's just going to release whatever the hell he wants anyway, like usual.

I'm sure everyone will be much better off now that they have underscores in their savestate filenames (that's definitely worth making everyone change the names manually for) and I'm sure the people who kept complaining about busted analog will be glad he added it BACK to the menu. I'm referring to this:

It was originally like this, I removed it so that people would actually be able to turn analog off if it didn't work for them, without fighting the menu.

But I should be thanking Takka for fixing what must be my mistakes, again.

I'm tired of this, I'm not going to even waste my time looking at the source anymore. I didn't want it to come to this, I wanted him to WORK with me, but obviously he's incapable of this, and of course I'm the bad guy so yeah.

I know that if I quit the project now I'm just going to get flamed to hell but I'm not sure if I care anymore.

dejkirkby
January 7th, 2007, 10:56
It you did decide to quit Exophase, you wouldn't be flamed here. But, a lot of people wait eagerly for a release from you. To be honest, this is one of the better homebrew releases and updates will be missed. Please don't quit this project.

Vega
January 7th, 2007, 16:19
I wouldnt get upset about it Exo. 90% of the scene use gPSP 0.9 Official release anyways, and 100% know that the work in unofficial versions is your work aswell along with minor tweaks that some people dont even use or dont want.
No one will flame you here man, and your work is much appreciated.

mikebeaver
January 7th, 2007, 18:55
Exophase: Thanks for a great emulator, i first discovered it at gpsp 08 and was quite happy with it until you released v0.9
Your work is greatly appreciated and there are many paople who wouldnt even look at this thread, apart from to see your responce to another pointless Takka update, heck its not even an update, just a way of getting his name onto a good project.Please keep up the good work exo, but if you dont, thanks for what you have done :)

gunntims0103
January 7th, 2007, 19:13
You know, you really have a lot of nerve. I happened to post several lengthy posts explaining myself, to which you replied "that's nice" and basically ignored them. And now you come around saying things like this.

Troll.

I actually did say that Takka could release a version that was nothing more than a Japanese translation, in interest of accessibility (and obviously that wouldn't cause any confusion, and would clearly be an alternative release), and of course he runs off with that and loads a bunch of crap in it and releases that. I don't know what the point is in asking me to release a translation if he's just going to release whatever the hell he wants anyway, like usual.

I'm sure everyone will be much better off now that they have underscores in their savestate filenames (that's definitely worth making everyone change the names manually for) and I'm sure the people who kept complaining about busted analog will be glad he added it BACK to the menu. I'm referring to this:

It was originally like this, I removed it so that people would actually be able to turn analog off if it didn't work for them, without fighting the menu.

But I should be thanking Takka for fixing what must be my mistakes, again.

I'm tired of this, I'm not going to even waste my time looking at the source anymore. I didn't want it to come to this, I wanted him to WORK with me, but obviously he's incapable of this, and of course I'm the bad guy so yeah.

I know that if I quit the project now I'm just going to get flamed to hell but I'm not sure if I care anymore.

Well i for one know you wouldnt get flamed for leaving the scene and stopping work on your emulator. At least not while im here. Exophaseif you have any problems with members, do report it as we will take care of it immediatly as i know you get hassled by users all the time.

My stand point is, if you decided to leave the scene i would hold nothing against you as that soully your decision. You as a coder wouldnt be the first (sttrrnnmm). I do relize that users are very unappricaitive and they will say things like "this is good, now add......". Without a thank you or anything.

You have alot of talent as a coder, I myself could only hope to be half as good as you are. What you've done so far is pretty much revolutionary in the homebrew scene. I mean many users thought that gba emulator would not be possible (full speed) on a psp. Yet you seemed to have done the impossible.

However it works out let me be the first to truely give congrats to all that you have done for the scene and im quite happy for what you have done so far. Of course i wish that you would continue and not let takka's unofficial releases shake you up.

Thanks for all the hard work exophase, I wish you the best!

maron2000
January 8th, 2007, 04:35
Takka seems to be quite confused why Exophase is feeling
uncomfortable while he is following the GPL.
He isn't asking Exophase for translation, he's asking
his Japanese friends in his BBS to translate his Japanese
to English.

I think Exophase shall clarify the requirements for other authors to release any mods,
if u think something is not fulfilled.

Here's a better translation of the changes of 0.9 kai 2.9
(kai means mod in JPN)

# Added Clock & Battery remaining display in menu
# CPU Clock set back to 222MHz on exit
# Button ignored in game when returning to game from menu
 (All buttons will be released)
# R/L button will skip 5 rows when selection of ROM, etc.
# Modification of RTC relevants/mips_stub.S based on report in BBS
# Day/time display format is based on that of PSP registry
# Can hide corrupt file for FW1.5
# Can boot using official GBA/NDS BIOS
# "_" inserted between ROM name and slot no. in statesave file name
 (Please rename statefile of older versions)
# Screenshot function added in Graphics/Sound menu
 PNG RGB 24bit format saved in folder designated in dir.cfg file
(ROM filename+YMDH)
# Control using Analog stick enabled in menu
# Modification of message.cfg/dir.cfg reflecting the above mentioned changes
# Order of messages changed to make customizing of menu screen more easier
# Added translation in message.cfg file
# Added loading of Cheat file in menu
# Can now handle non-encrypted cheats
 Format

direct_v? Cheat name
AAAAAAAA DDDDDDDD

direct_v? is identifier (non-encrypted)
v1 is for PAR V1/V2, v3 is for PAR V3
 AAAAAAAA is op.code/address DDDDDDDD is data

# libpng required for building the source

tsurumaru
January 8th, 2007, 12:05
Exophase,

I'm sorry you are feeling so disappointed with Takka's releases, please don't let them get to you. Its a shame that perhaps miscommunication might be causing some of the issues you discussed.

As for the pressure that the scene is exerting on you, please try to ignore the rampaging hordes of idiots!

Most people who have a brain and don't post "Zomg this roxxors !!!11111one" (the silent majority) are extremely grateful for your efforts and don't wish for you to become disenfranchised with what is your own excellent piece of coding.

To everyone else that posts with unhelpful comments, shame on you! This is Exophases project respect his wishes and let him get on with it.

Kind regards.

mr_nick666
January 8th, 2007, 14:43
Im not even sure why this was even posted in the first place? Exophase made it perfectly clear before that he didnt want any *******isations of his code. Why not just remove it?

Please dont quit because of other peoples ignorance Exophase :(

madcupid
January 10th, 2007, 03:44
Yo Exo, get this man, youre the one who invented this emulator and we ALL, and i mean ALL, know that. Even if this kai cat doesnt give you credit for it, or use it without permission or whatever the case may be just ignore the dude and i bet thats what everyone else will do too. You, for being a coder, shoulva known that. hehe its just like when youre famous and someone tries to take you down. Youre one of the best dogg, who put out one of the best, if not the best(for being so hard to do) emus out there. So be proud of yourself, put your head up like it should be and finish what you started (because thats why you started it, right?) We love you man and the only one getting the props here is you!!!

madcupid
January 10th, 2007, 03:49
matter of fact, i dont even know what that other release looks like...why should i buy a Hyundai if theyre selling a Mercedes for the same price. Ill patiently wait for youre next release. Meanwhile im playing all the games YOU made playable on YOUR emulator in the whole WORLD. thanks dogg

maron2000
January 10th, 2007, 12:33
Perhaps u guys haven't read the COPYING.doc in the archive of the original gpSP.
GPL permits distribution of mods, u know?

> 2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion
>of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and
>distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1
>above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

> 3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it,
>under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
>Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

tsurumaru
January 10th, 2007, 12:45
It helps if the MODS are productive though rather than counter productive.

I put a lot of this down as misunderstanding due to the difficulties of Japanese to English communication though.

SpacemanSpiff
January 10th, 2007, 19:30
The mod isn't counter-productive though, it allows easier file browsing and fixes the additional input bug when leaving the menu, among other things. If someone doesn't like these changes then they don't have use this version, but you shouldn't deny others the oppurtunity to use it.

tsurumaru
January 11th, 2007, 01:10
The mod isn't counter-productive though, it allows easier file browsing and fixes the additional input bug when leaving the menu, among other things. If someone doesn't like these changes then they don't have use this version, but you shouldn't deny others the oppurtunity to use it.

I beg to differ some of them are, the re-inclusion of the analogue for a start. Do you know how ignorant most of the people in the scene are? Who do you think they will complain to about this if they have problems? How does this help Exophase out except to give him more grief?

not here anymore
January 11th, 2007, 02:03
"Who do you think they will complain to"
you must be kidding. No user should feel able to complain being it for the official or unofficial version.
Takka is only fulfilling requests done to him either on his BBS or via email and frankly i thank him for that.
Personally i wouldn't be using Kai if i could set path for roms/saves/cfg files in the official client, but that's just me. besides the latest supports many languages now.
Changes seem to only be cosmetic so far so it should be easy to EXO to copy them to his builds if he wishes to.
Later,

TSR

tsurumaru
January 11th, 2007, 02:37
Anything that adds extra hassle to a dev in a scene as full of morons as this one is bad in my humble opinion.

It was painful to watch the idiots who hounded strmnrnmn day by day.

As I've said though I believe that a lot of the issues that have arisen here have been as a result of miscommunication.

Cap'n 1time
January 11th, 2007, 06:49
Anything that adds extra hassle to a dev in a scene as full of morons as this one is bad in my humble opinion.

Well there are multiple answers to this problems.
You can:

A) Find all the stupid people that are in the psp scene and destroy these peoples computers and psps. (at least 60% of them are stupid people that comment on anything without actually knowing anything about the topic at hand).

B) Buy a Dreamcast and forget this scene ever existed.

C) Blow up the planet

or

D) Continue to see a doctor constantly to avoid the possibility of an aneurysm.

Seriously thats like all the choices you got...

tsurumaru
January 11th, 2007, 09:45
3 hours of "destroy me" final doom a day seems to do the trick. :P

SpacemanSpiff
January 11th, 2007, 13:12
I beg to differ some of them are, the re-inclusion of the analogue for a start. Do you know how ignorant most of the people in the scene are? Who do you think they will complain to about this if they have problems? How does this help Exophase out except to give him more grief?

Again, if something's wrong with your joystick then you don't have to use this version, but for everyone else the ability to use analog in the menu is a positive. How is this counter-productive again?

tsurumaru
January 11th, 2007, 17:27
Again, if something's wrong with your joystick then you don't have to use this version, but for everyone else the ability to use analog in the menu is a positive. How is this counter-productive again?

Well I don't want to go on about it too much as I understand different people have different viewpoints, however its my opinion that the majority of users of this software are of the type that if they did have a broken analogue situation they would simply assume it was a problem with the programme and add extra hassle for Exophase. You might think that this isn't the case and perhaps its a result of helping Newbies here and on Maxconsole for the past few months I might be getting slightly jaded but many seem either devoid of patience and initiative, or lack understanding of any of the basic concepts of computing.

I'll give one example, I have seen approximately 100+ posts on various BBS asking Dark Alex to improve the compatibility of the PSX POPS emulator for the PSP, even though all the release guides specify that this is the Official Sony emulator (and therefore we don't have the source code to actually change). Perhaps its not the best example but its the first that came to mind. I saw another thread demanding that someone should change N64 roms to work with POPS and then several people joined in in agreement.... :rolleyes:

Anyhow I'd rather agree to disagree on this issue as its just personal opinion. I don't mean to belittle anyone that actually gets use out of the kai release.
Its ultimately a shame that Takka and Exophase couldn't work together. I do know however that I'd rather see Exophase release a final version first than see any Kai versions whilst its still a beta WIP.

Kind regards.

SpacemanSpiff
January 11th, 2007, 17:46
I'll give you that, the PSP scene does seem to attract a lot of n00bs for whatever reason. Its too bad, if that's causing a lot of devs to shy away from the scene.

downloaddownload
January 20th, 2007, 08:10
Exo I have played with your emulator every night before bed ever since you first released it. Its alot but I have in my possesion every gameboy game made. So I have been doing alot of catching up. So far I have sifted through 2400 games, and there are still more. Hopefully thats enouph thanks to keep you smiling:)

downloaddownload
January 22nd, 2007, 03:04
Its probably just me but Im having touble getting this emulator to work at all. Where do all of these files go anyway? 1.5 firmware

haaroon
February 4th, 2007, 10:50
can i play pokemon red mystery dungeon on my 2.8 psp using this

xcjzerox
February 4th, 2007, 11:05
omg why dont you guys try the nds emulator if it works lol
I was reading all the 6 pages lol

haaroon
February 8th, 2007, 11:40
when i wanna play pokemon red dungeon the screen goes black den my pps goes off why?

not here anymore
February 9th, 2007, 13:53
FF6a USA, same problem as FF6a JAP, here's hoping a fix is doable.
Later,

TSR

QueadlunnRau
February 9th, 2007, 16:48
Exophase, Thank you for gpSP I will only use your versions ... period

:thumbup:

Apoklepz
February 14th, 2007, 22:05
Has anyone compared this to Exophase's last official build?

I'd like to know which one is more stable, and if any of the two finally fixes the problem with the Kingdom Hearts movies looking all weird. I'm bundling up some emulators for my cousins recently downgraded 3.03 but I've not the time to test both builds. Thanks.

pr3dator2
February 16th, 2007, 14:37
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000-PSP-Retro...QQcmdZViewItem

check it out guys i got many many copies like 20+ add me on msn if u want a copy or just bid !!

[email protected]

downloaddownload
June 9th, 2007, 08:36
This emulator must hate bios files. Ive used everyone I had and it still has that stupid message of needing a bios file. Other versions had no problems. Any suggestions?

I assume Exophase wont be producing 1.0 due to issues. Once something is open to download always someone will do their own thing to it. People will know who did what so dont get discuraged Exophase.

jedikevin20
June 11th, 2007, 17:24
This problem with exo and takka is a good thing. Remember how exo got mad at all the kai versions and went and made a the next emulator .9. Though there seems to be some problems between exo and takka (can;t prove that considering i don;t know if they've past the language barrier yet) this does provide us with a better emulation throughout. Now on this emulation. Kai versions seem to play those a couple of those few games that the other version still is missing out. Mostly i know is fire emblems. On .9 when you go to the initial attack it will give you the blue screen of death. Kai version runs it beautifully so on that count i enjoy the kai version.

Veskgar
June 16th, 2007, 14:49
Veskgar thinks that Takka has not been able to improve upon 0.9 as I haven't seen anymore KAI versions.

The job is obviously best left up to Exophase as long as he keeping it alive. I am surely anticipating version 1.0 if there will be one.

Knups
June 17th, 2007, 16:20
Don't read this if you don't care about my opinion:

This is mostly an open source scene... and this particular program (as completely awesome as it is) is an open source program. So even if the original dev doesn't like it, anyone can alter it and release their own version. I think ANY mods to ANY opensource software are good things as the original dev cannot think of everything. Some things might work better, be more user friendly, or just be recieved better and more well liked by the masses in a mod and the original dev can take those improvements and add them to the original. Anything that was added that is seen as detrimental is just NOT implemented in the original. Anyone who has coded in or just hung around the Linux "scene" will realize this. Unfortunately, as someone mentioned before, there is no common area for most PSP devs to work in unless they decide to start hosting their projects at sourceforge (which wouldn't be a bad idea. PSPTed, PROXIMOS PSP, PSP Quake, and I think Kanji PSP are hosted on SF as well as others I'd imagine). The Dev's and Modder's should feel no grief toward each other no matter what's changed so long as it is released as NOT being the original and clearly stated as a mod. These are both legit releases and should be treated as such. I myself am using the original as the mod doesn't affect the actual emulation and I couldn't care less about the interface as I'm only using it for a couple seconds while selecting a rom and don't want to use the joystick anyway. I love this program and don't want to see Exophase stop supporting it after he's done so well with it, but I can't support his anti-mod viewpoint either, and neither should anyone else as it is open source.

acn010
June 17th, 2007, 16:34
omg... who revived this post thread??????