PDA

View Full Version : Voltron Set for DS

wraggster
January 6th, 2007, 02:29
via ign (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/753/753278p1.html)

Someone has at last decided to make a game based off the best cartoon ever (excluding cartoons with the words Transformers or Mighty Orbots in the title, of course). The five lions of the first Voltron television series will be making their way to not one, but two screens, as featured characters in Super Robot Taisen W, the upcoming DS entry in Banpresto's unending strategy series.

Hyakujuu-Ou Golion, as the lion-based Voltron series is known in Japan, is just one of the series planned for inclusion in the game. Joining it will be shows like Nadesico, Majinkaizer, and lots and lots of Gundam. A total of 18 series will make the cut this time around.

Like Voltron, a numer of the series are making their portable Super Robot Taisen debut with this title. You'll also get a first look on a portable game system at Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar, Gundam Seed Astray and Detonator Orgun.

Sadly, Super Robot Taisen W won't have voice, so we won't be able to hear Keith, Lance, Pidge, Hunk and Sven (based off the screenshots that we've seen, Sven seems to pilot the blue lion in the game, instead of Princess Allura). Of course, this isn't a big deal for us, since the voices would've been in Japanese anyway.

The "W" in the game's title is in reference both to the DS's two screens (the Japanese associate "W" with "Double") and to the fact that the game's scenario is split into two parts. Banpresto played similar tricks with the scenarios for the Alpha Gaiden and R entries in the series, only this time, the second scenario will follow the first after only a slight time gap.

Super Robot Taisen W is set for Japanese release on March 1st. Does the Voltron connection guarantee a US release? Hells no! But, thankfully, DS software is region free, so interested parties will be able to import.

shadowprophet
January 6th, 2007, 03:57
I dont care if this game flat out blows.
Im haveing this anyway.
Its freaking voltron. SWEET.

GobboFett
January 6th, 2007, 10:24
"And I'll form the head" :p Voltron is awesome, I am so importing this just to see them on my lovely DS :D

shadowprophet
January 6th, 2007, 10:40
"And I'll form the head" :p Voltron is awesome, I am so importing this just to see them on my lovely DS :D
I have been watching Voltron on adult swim in the early hours of the morning,
I have seen them all even the awfull new series with the cars..
I dont remember what happened to the missing member of voltron force, so i have been recapping to find out :o

saotome22
January 6th, 2007, 16:25
this is so sweet :thumbup:
I have most of the original series on my computer
watched it when I was little and loved it