PDA

View Full Version : Popstation CDDA version released

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 15:40
Here's a modified version of popstation.exe to enable the use of CCDA audio, ie: CD audio tracks in your PS1 3.03 OE-A games.

Instructions:
- Replace your existing popstation.exe with the one in the archive (either stand-alone or along with a GUI)
- Rip your CD or convert your existing image to CloneCD format. You should have a .ccd file with the same name as your image file (for example, game.img and game.ccd or game.bin and game.ccd).
- Make sure the image and .ccd files are in the same directory and run popstation.exe, or your GUI of choice as normal and now CD audio will work! :)

Note that source is included as well in main.c. If you don't have a clue what a source file is, just don't bother with it :)

Note that I said any GUI work with that--as the modification is done inside popstation.exe, it will propagate automatically for any GUI that uses it to produce the EBOOTs. I confirmed Tomb Raider, ripped to .img and .ccd, converted to EBOOT with PSX2PSP 0.7, compression level 9 and custom warning screen to work on its full CD-audio glory :)

Thanks go to:
- Z33, Khenemet_Heru, macbxx, rck, Chilly Willy at MaxConsole for researching how to make this work and reverse-engineering the PS store games
- rck for the original TOC maker and ccd reading code
- Dark_AleX for making our dreams come true with 3.03 OE-A :)

Download via comments

Shrygue
January 6th, 2007, 15:46
Hey this sounds great! I'll get this right now!

Cloudhunter
January 6th, 2007, 15:49
Can you recommend any programs to convert to CCD format?

Cloudy

blackrave
January 6th, 2007, 15:51
This is really great, I was just reading about this problem on some other forums, but now it's solved. Great work, Tinnus! :)

Cloudhunter: CloneCD or UltraISO will do the trick.

karurosu
January 6th, 2007, 15:51
nice, I've been waiting for this

mcvader
January 6th, 2007, 16:19
sweet, i've been missing the music in gran turismo, thanks tinnus!

Nikolaos
January 6th, 2007, 16:22
I read the starting to the end of the topic at maxconsole lol , those guys over there are genious!

NightRaven
January 6th, 2007, 17:04
Full audio glory nice nice! Thanks for this.

Also Id like to add that I have a PAL version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy(PAL version but converted to NTSC) compressed at lvl 9 and working in full audio glory on 3.03OE-A' aka A2 using the new win 32 popstation from below :D

For the folks that want to stay up to date:

New Versions 1.23 of this for Win32 and Linux here: MaxConsole Forums (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43050&page=1)

Thanks much Tinnus and Rck for all your hard work!

Zargon
January 6th, 2007, 17:14
This basically makes it so you get higher quality audio and fixes places that may be missing audio, right?

Juneyp
January 6th, 2007, 17:27
Not A Newb just dont get this thing at all.. does this replace in-game music? and if it does , does it mask the sound effects or just play over like the regular game soundtracks? thx in advance

NightRaven
January 6th, 2007, 17:35
Can confirm tekken 1 in clonecd now workin in full audio ! thanks again !:thumbup:

zx-81
January 6th, 2007, 18:02
Awesome ! Keep it up !

freitax
January 6th, 2007, 18:12
what are the games that suffer from this problem?

Mr. Shizzy
January 6th, 2007, 18:52

Alot of them. you just may not have noticed b/c the sound effects were still working. I know the missing music on Mortal Kombat Trilogy was driving me crazy. Much thanks to Tinnus for this. :)

gunntims0103
January 6th, 2007, 19:04
great work tinnus :D

Veskgar
January 6th, 2007, 19:06
Thanks for this! This being able to work with other GUI's makes it a no brainer.

Another game I can confirm had audio issues previously was XCOM - UFO Defense. I'll test with this to see if it fixes.

Mr. Shizzy
January 6th, 2007, 19:20
Does anyone know a way to extract a .ccd file from an already existing eboot? That would be much easier than digging my PS1 games out again and re ripping them.

NightRaven
January 6th, 2007, 19:25

Hrmm off the top of my head...

For 3.03OE-A:

-Mortal Kombat Trilogy(NTSC)= Still crashes at same spot with or without compression.(Used to work without music but with sound fx on 3.02OE-B *wishes someone would fix* *cry*)
-Mortal Kombat Trilogy(PAL Converted to NTSC)= Fully works with sound in the menu and in game.

-Ridge Racer(NTSC)=Works now!

-Tekken(NTSC)= Works now

-Destruction Derby(NTSC)= Works now

-N2O (NTSC-U) = No idea.

-Skeleton Warriors(NTSC) = No idea.

-Twisted Metal 3 (NTSC)= No idea.

-Tomb Raider(NTSC)= Works now.

Someone help us out anyone got a full list of the games that are minus the music?

These are just the games I pulled off the popstation compatibility thread that said no music and the ones I have myself that I could remember.

shinjoh
January 6th, 2007, 20:19
i'm so glad someone finally fixed this problem! when popstation came out i was pretty sad to find out that games that can be played as audio cd's are unable to play music (or any cd audio tracks) when turned to eboot for the psp. most early games have this problem, so this is great news!

dongle
January 6th, 2007, 20:20
Symphony of the ****ing Night had CDDA music.

Veskgar
January 6th, 2007, 20:27
Does anyone know a way to extract a .ccd file from an already existing eboot? That would be much easier than digging my PS1 games out again and re ripping them.

That would be helpful. Also, can we use this modified popstation on ALL games? Or will it mess up non CDDA games?

And if we have our games already converted to ISO instead of .IMG/.CCD can we still obtain the .CCD information by using UltraISO or something to conver the .ISO?

pt9087
January 6th, 2007, 20:36
I have seen so many of these recently

necromancer
January 6th, 2007, 20:48
great work tinus, Rally Cross 2 works now!

tophead420
January 6th, 2007, 20:49
hey thanks for this now i can play tombraider i tryed converting this before and it didnt work just tryed to do it with this and bam tombraider on my psp and not to mention it shrank the iso from 600 mb to a mear 22mb thanks alot man props to you

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 20:55
There's no way to get the ccd info from a ISO or an already converted game, since that information used to be simply thrown away. You can only get it from the CD.

A .cue file does more or less the same thing, but if you have a .bin and .cue, get a program that converts .cue to .ccd.

About other games, no problem, if there's no .ccd the program won't do anything regarding CDDA so it's safe :)

tophead420
January 6th, 2007, 21:02
That would be helpful. Also, can we use this modified popstation on ALL games? Or will it mess up non CDDA games?

And if we have our games already converted to ISO instead of .IMG/.CCD can we still obtain the .CCD information by using UltraISO or something to conver the .ISO?

i missed this while lookin through this thread any i seen a forum last nite in which you could download ccd files for most games ill try to find it agn pm if your interested

Veskgar
January 6th, 2007, 21:12
i missed this while lookin through this thread any i seen a forum last nite in which you could download ccd files for most games ill try to find it agn pm if your interested

Awesome! So so we have an ISO of a PSX game. We still need to convert it with UltraISO to a CloneCD image but replace the .ccd file with one found from this site that offers .ccd files?

Then convert with this popstation MOD by Tinnus and it should be good to go right? Am I missing something?

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 21:24
If you get a valid .ccd file (by whatever means) that's enough, the image doesn't have to be converted to .img (I think).

whitey75
January 6th, 2007, 21:39
So Tombraider now works on 3.03 OE-A or just because of this new Popstation?

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 22:08
That new popstation makes it so Tomb Raider plays music. I'm not sure if it worked before (I know it didn't for me, but I probably screwed something up back then).

whitey75
January 6th, 2007, 22:12
OK, so I just tried my PAL Tomb Raider on 3.03A. Loads up to the menu now with absolutely no graphical glitches.

When starting a game from passport however, the screen still goes black. Will this change in music fix this.

As has been said by others, PSX2PSP v0.71 does not covert from Pal to ntsc. I can try to patch the iso and then compress it with another program, just wondering if I should bother with Tomb Raider

whitey75
January 6th, 2007, 22:14
Ah ok, thank Tinnus. I'll keep playing and see what I can find.

Sharpy
January 6th, 2007, 22:48
This is an extremely excellent tool, a big thanks to you Tinnus for this modification and to Dark Alex for popstation and custom firmwares.

aries2k4
January 7th, 2007, 00:49
Nice Job Tinnus. one by one these problems get taken care of, making our gaming experience more enjoyable!

kkiller
January 7th, 2007, 03:17
The origional wipeout (NTSC) works almost perfectly although, it's a little slow. Keep up the Great work!

TONY-T
January 7th, 2007, 06:04
I tested wipeout 3 and it made the BGM work, however wipeout 3 still crashes at the first checkpoint.

I allso tested thrill kill, and it didnt work for thrill kill. can anyone else confirm thrill kill?

TONY-T
January 7th, 2007, 07:47
I tested wipeout 3 and it made the BGM work, however wipeout 3 still crashes at the first checkpoint.

I allso tested thrill kill, and it didnt work for thrill kill. can anyone else confirm thrill kill?

Ok i retested thrill kill. This time i converted the CUE file with ultraISO into a CCD format, and it worked.. All BGM works! even after compressing the ISO.

Baboon
January 7th, 2007, 14:55
Will this work with Smiths' Popstation Frontend v1.2.3?

I've tried but havent had much luck. :(

Tinnus
January 7th, 2007, 17:05
Any GUI that uses popstation.exe (the 3.03 version) to do the conversion will work.

shak bo
January 7th, 2007, 19:03
Try Ultra ISO, it converts existing ISO fromatted files just select the convert tab and tell it to make a Clone CD image I'm trying it now

SmashinGit
January 7th, 2007, 19:26
Can't get Vib Ribbon to work. When I make my img the Vib.CCD file is only 3k in size. The game actually starts but there,s no in game music. I'm using Alchol 120 to convert my games.

Tinnus
January 7th, 2007, 19:27
The CCD file is meant to be small, the IMG is the CD data and the CCD is a INI file with information about the audio tracks.

Are you very sure that both files are in the same directory, have the same name and you're using this popstation and not the normal one?

SmashinGit
January 7th, 2007, 19:35
Thanks for the help Tinnus, everything is where it should be, I've gotton Destruction Derby to work, although that is slightly off center, maybe Vib Ribbon just doesn't work?

Tinnus
January 7th, 2007, 21:12
Maybe.

If the screen is off center it's because you got a PAL version, get a tool to convert it to NTSC or use the PSX2PSP GUI, which does this for you.

skid_68
January 7th, 2007, 21:46
This is what Ive been waiting for. Great work, and thanks a lot.

I can confirm that Tomb Raider(NTSC), and Twisted Metal(NTSC) both work with all their musical glory. :D

evilgonzo
January 7th, 2007, 23:12
Awsome dood .... finally after hours of tinkering with N2O that music now works ... This game has been a fav of mine for years .... Nothin like firing one up and rockin to The Crystal Method while jamin on N2O .... Thanx guys for the fix .. you rock !!

So to anyone who needs to know .. I can confirm that N2O:Nitrous Oxide now plays with full music!

Veskgar
January 8th, 2007, 03:09
Well after reconverting a bunch of games I must give more thanks to you Tinnus. Even games that worked previously now seem to have more audio that I did not previously recognize.

Its so far worked great on all games I've tried.

Thanks again!

NightRaven
January 8th, 2007, 04:57
Full audio glory nice nice! Thanks for this.

Also Id like to add that I have a PAL version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy(PAL version but converted to NTSC) compressed at lvl 9 and working in full audio glory on 3.03OE-A' aka A2 using the new win 32 popstation from below :D

For the folks that want to stay up to date:

New Versions 1.23 of this for Win32 and Linux here: MaxConsole Forums (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43050&page=1)

New versions of this available above! now up to version 1.23 :D

Thanks again Tinnus and Rck for all your hard work!

Apoklepz
January 8th, 2007, 15:28
I can confirm that Ridge Racer 60fps (R4 Bonus Disc) now runs smoothly and without lag. I guess this was due to the trck information not being available. You guys should try it if you like the original Ridge Racer. Soooooo Smooth.

Cheers.

AuroEdge
January 9th, 2007, 00:43
So, when I use this modified popstation_toc do I point it to the .ccd file or .img file? When I use PSX2PSP v0.7.1 with this and point to the .ccd the created eboot.pbp is only a few megabytes but with the .img creates an image file of the same size as the original popstation makes.

Tinnus
January 9th, 2007, 02:38
You point to the .img. As I said before, *NOTHING* changes besides having a .ccd file in the same place as the .img. Which means, you still select the .img, not the .ccd.

Now that you talk about it though, it should be changed to do the opposite too since most programs use the .ccd as the "main" file.

repuken2
January 10th, 2007, 03:21
Castlevania SOTN hangs in the second room of the Alchemy Laboratory with or without CCD process conversion. ****!!!!

Baboon
January 10th, 2007, 09:03
This program has been a godsend! :)

I've got games like Reisdent Evil Nemesis and R-type Delta working which didnt previously run for me on the old popstations... but the best game for me so far was with Super Pang Collection cause it reduced in size from around 550mb to just 15mb!

Every PSX game that I've chucked at my psp works now thanks to this program! :) ...apart from the weird and quite rare japanese shooter 'Choaniki Kyukyoku Otokonogyakushu' which seems to die after the strange introduction animation. :(

cawley1
January 16th, 2007, 08:32
Has anyone had problems with the original Ridge Racer? I could not get this new Popstation to work with CDDA with my current ripping program but managed to 'source' CloneCD. I did a load of rips and now the CDDA works fine, but I loose tracks 1 and 6 on the original Ridge Racer (the game skips them after a pause and a flicker of the memory stick). I converted both Ridge Revolution and Ridge Turbo/Special and both work fine with all tracks! What is going on with the original? When CloneCD does it's thing I see it finds all the audio tracks so I am mystified...

Vash!
January 18th, 2007, 00:31
I haven't had my chance to try this yet, but enabling CDDA audio enables the background music in the game? I didn't realise the background music was gone when I watch my friend plays FFVII. Or i misunderstood the idea?

Also, is this CDDA version of popstation more updates then the one released in 3.03 A?

douglemcnori
January 18th, 2007, 12:51
i saw someone on your tube with vib ribbon working but it doesnt look like anyone has figured out how to put your own tracks into it or make them selectable yet :(

BoniBoy14
January 18th, 2007, 21:39
ok im completely lost....i have a psp....vers. 3.03....how do i play ps one games!!!!!...im stuck...sum1 HELPPPPP!

Tinnus
January 18th, 2007, 23:04
You can only play the official ones sold in the PS3 store. Too bad to you for having a high firmware!

dmac
March 4th, 2007, 01:27
Is this better than using the FW 3.10 OE-A' PS1 emulator? I never tried playing a PS1 game yet since going to 3.10 OE-A.

psman
March 11th, 2007, 21:58
so is this technique just to shrink the psx files because that would help alot

Tinnus
March 13th, 2007, 16:01
No, any recent popstation (including the ones with 3.03 OE-C and above) have compression options. That one's for enabling CD-Audio...

mareko_pl
April 24th, 2007, 07:40
hey an1 have a problem with psx emu after updating to 3.40 oe.
My game (Chrono Cross ntsc cd1) is allways crashing after 30 min of gameplay....i dont check on others psx game but it never crash on my old 3.03 oe-C. Any sugestions?

bbbiiillloooppp
June 24th, 2007, 17:44
Hrmm off the top of my head...

Someone help us out anyone got a full list of the games that are minus the music?

These are just the games I pulled off the popstation compatibility thread that said no music and the ones I have myself that I could remember.
I think that GRANDIA had voices ****ed up.And this fixed that:thumbup:

VagrantWalker
September 2nd, 2007, 21:46
Is there a compatability list for this emulator? Also, what's it's current status compared to other PSX emulators?

Razial
October 5th, 2007, 02:11
Noob question: Whad does CDDA stands for?
sorry if it has been answered already

jamotto
October 5th, 2007, 02:18
Noob question: Whad does CDDA stands for?
sorry if it has been answered already

Compact Disc Digital Audio

yo!
September 21st, 2008, 03:58
how do i install this?