PDA

View Full Version : Wii Wireless Nunchuck

wraggster
January 6th, 2007, 21:35
via verdicts (http://www.verdicts.co.uk/computer_games/articles/article-84.html)

An unconfirmed source has revealed that Nintendo are currently working on a wireless version of their Nunchuck attachment for the Wii remote.

This comes after many complaints from gamers who feel that the dangling wire which links the two devices, simply distracts from gameplay, especially in games which require significant movement of the arms, such as Wii Boxing or Call of Duty 3.

The Wii Nunchuck gets it's name from the martial arts weapon, the ''Nunchuckas'' because of the similarities in design; a chain/wire connects two heavier objects at either end. The wireless Nunchuck attachment will possibly undergo a name-change to make sense.

There's no reason for Nintendo not to make future wireless devices for the Wiimote - a wireless reciever would plug into the remote in place of any wires linking the two. Communications between Wiimote and Console would be as normal. The downside to this is the added drain on batteries, though with Nintendo's track record with their previous wireless technologies, we're sure they will leap this hurdle.

Nintendo were unable to comment at the time of press.

Although no official announcements have been made, we will certainly be following this story closely and hope to hear from Nintendo soon regarding the matter.

pax13
January 6th, 2007, 21:55
The idea sounds interesting, but i don't see the need for adding complexity and bulk to the thing. The only need would be a new bluetooth nunchuk and possibly a system update!

Accordion
January 6th, 2007, 22:24
The idea sounds interesting, but i don't see the need for adding complexity and bulk to the thing. The only need would be a new bluetooth nunchuk and possibly a system update!

your forgetting that the Wii can only link 4 contollers through bluetooth... so each addon would use up a channel... not likely

im more worried about using more batteries!

SwordOfZork
January 6th, 2007, 22:52
Seems like a pretty pointless waste of batteries to me. I'd rather have a cord between my nunchuck and remote than having to worry about yet another set of batteries. I already juggle enough rechargeables between my Wii remotes and wavebirds.

shadowprophet
January 6th, 2007, 23:35
You guys worry too much :p

It'll most likely be a bluetooth peice that pulgs into a standerd wii-mote.
As for the batteries :( You win some you lose some :cool:

as for me I can see this actuelly opening up more inovation for wii games.

The lingth of the wire alone is too sort, plus its ugly thats its on a fundimentaly (wireless controller) anyway. I say bring this on :thumbup:

Jonesyxxiv
January 7th, 2007, 00:20
You guys worry too much :p

It'll most likely be a bluetooth peice that pulgs into a standerd wii-mote.
As for the batteries :( You win some you lose some :cool:

as for me I can see this actuelly opening up more inovation for wii games.

The lingth of the wire alone is too sort, plus its ugly thats its on a fundimentaly (wireless controller) anyway. I say bring this on :thumbup:

I agree completly.

Graxer0419
January 7th, 2007, 10:44
Im guessing this means another wrist strap! :(

Herbster
January 7th, 2007, 10:55
Maybe simple 2 player games without the need of a 2nd Wiimote could take advantage of this?

I think most Wii sports games could've been 2 player straight out of the box if we didn't have the wire and this was considered at design stage.

the_eternal_dark
January 7th, 2007, 21:45
Im guessing this means another wrist strap! :(

Only if you have to swing it like an idiot. Everyone needs to learn some restraint some time, especially after they put holes in the wall or shatter their tv's.

I heart Nintendo
January 8th, 2007, 13:03
Something extra for idiots to throw at televisions and windows!

lordnibbla
January 28th, 2007, 02:10
I dont get how anybody could let go of a wiimote like that once you see you dont have to flail you arms. I have never felt out of control of my wiimote :D