PDA

View Full Version : N-Card

Xerion12
January 7th, 2007, 00:10
First off, I know little about DS Hacking and such so please excuse me if I make no sense. ^^;
My question is, would this N-Card allow me to use homebrew apps on my NDS? Or is there more that I need to buy?:confused:

Here is the link(it's the second one down on the right): http://www.linker4u.com/pp/success.asp

DanTheManMS
January 7th, 2007, 02:03
I've never heard of it, and I'm pretty sure it's very new. New devices tend to have pretty bad homebrew support, as they are usually made with mostly piracy in mind. I would steer clear of it for right now.

So many new slot-1 solutions are coming out right now that I have no idea what to recommend. I'd imagine that the Supercard brand slot-1 device would work somewhat well, as they released drivers for it the day it was launched, but there hasn't been enough time to figure out what works and what doesn't and whether everything must be recompiled or not.

For the time being, a slot-2 device offers much more stability for homebrew, as they've been out long enough that people know how to use them and how to write code specifically for them. With these however, a slot-1 passthrough device is also needed, and they usually cost about $20 or so.

Xerion12
January 7th, 2007, 02:27
Would you mind recommending a slot 2 device that you know works well? I would much appreciate it! (I don't know what's good and what isn't.;_; )

DanTheManMS
January 7th, 2007, 22:48
Of the slot-2 devices, I'd recommend either a Supercard or M3. They come in two varieties, with RAM and without RAM. This RAM is used for GBA support and is also starting to be used in DS homebrew to overcome the fact that the DS only has 4 MB of RAM to work with. If you want this RAM, then don't get an M3 Pro series or a Supercard Rumble series. Adding the RAM makes it more expensive, yes, but it's very useful.

I personally have a Supercard MiniSD (fits flush within a DS Phat)

darkbane79
February 25th, 2007, 08:50
sadly, the n card seems to only support nds games and can't play .gba games. i can't get it to read any .gba files. anyone knows whether its possible?

DanTheManMS
February 25th, 2007, 23:32
It's a slot-1 device, so no, it won't work. Only slot-2 cards with extra RAM can run GBA binaries. These include slot-2 M3 Perfects (not Pro) and slot-2 Supercards (not Rumble).

ram0003
April 2nd, 2007, 02:02
i have a ds n-card and i have managed to get a few things on it. but when i tried to change the settings it stopped working. when i try to go into any of the apps on it it just says "couldn't write sav file". do any of you know what it means or how to fix it?
your help would be greatly appreciated