PDA

View Full Version : 3.03OE-A2 Released! - Custom Firmware Released

Cloudhunter
January 7th, 2007, 01:54
Dark_AleX has released an new version of his custom firmware, 3.03OE-A' or 3.03OE-A2.

Heres what he had to say about it:

A few fixes, and cpu speed for umd/isos:

This is the update from 3.03 OE-A to 3.03 OE-A'.

Execute this only from 3.03 OE-A.

changes:

- Added cpu clock selection for umd/iso games. (not for vsh yet)
- Fixed various bugs regarding the recovery menu, one of them made "rare text" appear when
entering in plugins if pops plugins existed, the other one caused a crash when pressing triangle.
- Fixed a small part of code in umd emulation that was not multithread safe.

To install this update, extract it to the root of your memory stick, and run the update in 3.03OE-A.

Check out and add to our POPSTATION Compatability List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47123)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

NewComers Check out our DCEMU Dark Alex Custom Firmware Guides/ Tutorials (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47121&highlight=popstation)

via darkalex (http://dax.lan.st)

vision
January 7th, 2007, 01:59
OMG awesome, CPU CLOCK here i come lol, thanks cloudhunter

sweeet i got 1st post

xg917
January 7th, 2007, 02:00
booooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hellz yeaz imma install dis now

imagecko
January 7th, 2007, 02:03
Excellent!

vision
January 7th, 2007, 02:04
Confirmed Working

Zion
January 7th, 2007, 02:05
dark_alex certainly pumps out custom firmware :)

CaptainMorgan4
January 7th, 2007, 02:05
Does this fix any of the problems with the PSX emulation, such as the Resident Evil 2 problem (can't bypass the police station)? Is this problem ever going to be fixed?

SpooForBrains
January 7th, 2007, 02:09
Seriously, does the man ever sleep?

baracki96
January 7th, 2007, 02:14
wow, I was about to do a search for3.03oe-a1 to find out what a base.pbp was and see this. Can't wait to try it out.

S34MU5
January 7th, 2007, 02:14
YAY CPU CHANGE!!!!!!!

I love dark alex

*****EDIT:

Base.pbp is hotshotgolf.pbp but renamed :)

ab88
January 7th, 2007, 02:15
Does this fix any of the problems with the PSX emulation, such as the Resident Evil 2 problem (can't bypass the police station)? Is this problem ever going to be fixed?

That has to do with the emulator not custom firmware.

scarph
January 7th, 2007, 02:21
finally, we get something before qj
congrats

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 02:26
I LOVE YOU DARK_ALAX MARRY ME!!!!! lol no just j/k im not gay lol

S34MU5
January 7th, 2007, 02:27
hate people who says that.

"I love you have my babies!

No no not really im only joking......"

thats gay. i think we understand by saying marry me we know your joking.......

Veskgar
January 7th, 2007, 02:29
wow, I was about to do a search for3.03oe-a1 to find out what a base.pbp was and see this. Can't wait to try it out.

BASE.PBP is simply Hot Shots Golf 2 EBOOT from the SONY download store renamed to BASE.PBP. You put that and the keys.bin file in with popstation.exe to convert your own PSX games to EBOOT.

Don't be afraid to upgrade. If you already have 3.03 OE-A, this is a fast and easy thing to do.

But a major bummer is that you can't use any WiFi features of games when running them overclocked.

I hope there can be a WiFi fix or plugin in the future.

hack.fool
January 7th, 2007, 02:35
yYaaAAyyyyyaaa .....
well...good
keep going!!!!

ExcruciationX
January 7th, 2007, 02:39
Few! I don't need to make a new "tut".

Nice job, Dark AleX! :D

gunntims0103
January 7th, 2007, 02:39
great work DAX!

shedeus
January 7th, 2007, 02:46
has wifi every worked when the psp was overclocked?

PSP 101
January 7th, 2007, 02:48
Nice update Dark Alex! Keep up the good work!

Ihavenolife
January 7th, 2007, 02:48
Excellent Work, Dark Alex.

Here's a tip, you should probably only come out with 3.04 OE-A AFTER sony comes out with their 3.04.
:) just a hint

Hobobo
January 7th, 2007, 02:49
This guy is crazy :O

juggaleaux
January 7th, 2007, 02:55
Excellent Work, Dark Alex.

Here's a tip, you should probably only come out with 3.04 OE-A AFTER sony comes out with their 3.04.
:) just a hint

that's a pretty safe bet, since 3.04 OE would be based OFF of Sony's official 3.04.

NJisMYhome
January 7th, 2007, 03:01
does this also fix the chrono cross problem where norris joins ur party and then the screen is juz black????? or the resident evil 2 problem where it wont let u into the police station????? i guess well have to wait for the ps1p to fix these.................

gamer121
January 7th, 2007, 03:06
has wifi every worked when the psp was overclocked?

the over clocking is for the UMD/Iso so this will not cause a problem with wifi. plus i checked too so no probelms.

gamerremag
January 7th, 2007, 03:12
yay! i hope this guy never stops!!!!!!!!!!! well, intill they make a totally new psp (and i get it)

IamAbe
January 7th, 2007, 03:30
chillin' update, thanx dax! (i really should get around to donating...)

shedeus
January 7th, 2007, 03:43
the over clocking is for the UMD/Iso so this will not cause a problem with wifi. plus i checked too so no probelms.

uh, not so. have you tried playing with another psp? doesn't work unless it's on default sppeds

Harshboy
January 7th, 2007, 04:00
Sweet, it's Loading on my mem stick right now!

Thekinglotr
January 7th, 2007, 04:07
So I am a newb... I have a 1.5 PSP, should I update to this? would it be able to run all the homebrew I have?

vision
January 7th, 2007, 04:19
1st NO, update to 3.03 OE-A not 3.03 OE-A'......2nd Yes you can simply run any homebrew you want

Ramza042
January 7th, 2007, 04:20
Yes, and Yes.

It runs all 1.5 homebrew AND every UMD I own that I've thrown at it work as well.

Plus, you get a playstation emulator. :D

Ramza042
January 7th, 2007, 04:21
that's a pretty safe bet, since 3.04 OE would be based OFF of Sony's official 3.04.

Psst. I think he was being sarcastic. :rofl:

kieso
January 7th, 2007, 04:26
Here's my dilemma & I've posted it before and haven't gotten an answer yet. I'm currently running 3.02oe-a & location free tv was cut out of it & I have the base station & was using it a good bit on my psp. Is there anyway I can get the use back of the location free? BTW I'm a TA-82'er. I tried to use devhook on my 3.02oe-a (hoping emulating 2.71 would give me this feature back) but after following the readme instructions it still won't work. Every time I run it....it just tells me to reboot and the screen goes black. I did reboot & ran it again like the readme said but It just kept saying to reboot. Anyone have any suggestions?? It would be nice if Dark Alex would give us the option (on the next custom firmware) to opt out other functions such as PS3 connection or something else.

Kvonx
January 7th, 2007, 04:26

well to get pass all my crashes...........i use cw cheat to save my savegames to my memory stik to play them on my computer go pass the crashes then save on computer "remember to rename exactly to how cw saved it as" and reload them on my psp using cwcheat!!!!!:) heres the ready made psx emulator for the computer, sorry but u have to get the psx bios ur self, try google rename the bios to (SCPH1001.BIN) jus open cd image and ur gud!!! :thumbup:

To use cw cheat........extract and copy the seplugins folder to ur psp go to recovery mode->configuration->advance configuration and enable plain module in umd/isos then back up to the main menu and go to plugins folder and enable cw cheat........dont mind tha "disable" that comes after, its a glitch!!! :o
In the psx game hold select to open the menu----go to the memorycard option, u can take it form dere....it will save the savegame from the psp in .mcr format, that the pc emulator can use YEY!! enjoy

baracki96
January 7th, 2007, 04:33
Here's my dilemma & I've posted it before and haven't gotten an answer yet. I'm currently running 3.02oe-a & location free tv was cut out of it & I have the base station & was using it a good bit on my psp. Is there anyway I can get the use back of the location free? BTW I'm a TA-82'er. I tried to use devhook on my 3.02oe-a (hoping emulating 2.71 would give me this feature back) but after following the readme instructions it still won't work. Every time I run it....it just tells me to reboot and the screen goes black. I did reboot & ran it again like the readme said but It just kept saying to reboot. Anyone have any suggestions?? It would be nice if Dark Alex would give us the option (on the next custom firmware) to opt out other functions such as PS3 connection or something else. Ok, this is completely theoretical but couldn't you get a make a flash dump of 2.71se and flash the location free program to your 3.03oe flash0 from there. Im pretty experianced with the flash0 and have done stuff like that ( deleted something that shouldn't be deleated to free up some space then replacing it using a flash dump and pspfiler2.2) but hey, I could be completely wrong, as that would only work if Dark_Alex took out location free to make space for the custom firmware.

Kvonx
January 7th, 2007, 04:39
Ok, this is completely theoretical but couldn't get a make a flash dump of 2.71se and flash the location free program to your 3.03oe flash0 from there. Im pretty experianced with the flash0 and have done stuff like that ( deleted something that shouldn't be deleated then replacing it using a flash dump and pspfiler2.2) but hey, I could be completely wrong, as that would only work if Dark_Alex took out location free to make space for the firmware.

AAAAAHHHHHMMMM!!!!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!! U wont have enough space......jus messing cus. firmware up and killing the psp (BRICKED)

kieso
January 7th, 2007, 04:40
Ok, this is completely theoretical but couldn't you get a make a flash dump of 2.71se and flash the location free program to your 3.03oe flash0 from there. Im pretty experianced with the flash0 and have done stuff like that ( deleted something that shouldn't be deleated to free up some space then replacing it using a flash dump and pspfiler2.2) but hey, I could be completely wrong, as that would only work if Dark_Alex took out location free to make space for the custom firmware.

I know he took that out to free up flash memory space. I was stuck at 2.8(ta-82) for 6 months so I'm new to this and would need detailed instructions on how to do this. I would love to take out the PS3 connectivity or even the web browser as i find the web browser useless as alot of pages won't load up because the stupid cache is psp memory instead of using the memory stick for cache...ergo....out of memory error.

Kvonx
January 7th, 2007, 04:48
I know he took that out to free up flash memory space. I was stuck at 2.8(ta-82) for 6 months so I'm new to this and would need detailed instructions on how to do this. I would love to take out the PS3 connectivity or even the web browser as i find the web browser useless as alot of pages won't load up because the stupid cache is psp memory instead of using the memory stick for cache...ergo....out of memory error.

Ucan simply.......uuuummmm use no cache, u wont get that error anymore, works for me

baracki96
January 7th, 2007, 04:49
Hmm, Seriously read EVERY WORD in this guide as your mesin with the flash AKA minefield; http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about61385.html After a while you learn what to and not to do and what everything means ( I've never semibricked my psp, only temporarily mis-deleated stuff that I later replaced) DUMP YOUR FIRMWARE before you do a thing though.

firedragon_jing
January 7th, 2007, 04:54
This guy is awesome, I worship him

but I updated before I made some X-Flash mods to my PSP, and now it boots me off before starting. Now come on Art, create a new X-Flash so I can debrand my gameboot,

x-zero
January 7th, 2007, 05:02
OMG i turned my back and there is another released of
the Golden firmware by Dark_AleX you are a truth Master when it comes to hacking.:thumbup:

kieso
January 7th, 2007, 05:10
Hmm, Seriously read EVERY WORD in this guide as your mesin with the flash AKA minefield; http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about61385.html After a while you learn what to and not to do and what everything means ( I've never semibricked my psp, only temporarily mis-deleated stuff that I later replaced) DUMP YOUR FIRMWARE before you do a thing though.

I will look at it but I don't see anything in this guide about enabling location free

jason_ford
January 7th, 2007, 05:12
Looks so good...but the d/l just hangs for me =( Hopefully I can get this before the end of the night. Thanks Dark_Alex!

tuta
January 7th, 2007, 05:15
Great thanks my psp has just been revived again yesterday(I have been playin my ds all day long)

Thanks DAX previously was POPS now Compressed POPS Iso and after I was about to to touch my DS a new patch is up U R GOD!!!

Veskgar
January 7th, 2007, 05:24
So I am a newb... I have a 1.5 PSP, should I update to this? would it be able to run all the homebrew I have?
Yes. I was also a 1.50 afraid to upgrade until Christmas when 3.02 OE-B came out. All your homebrew will still work. Make sure you upgrade to 3.03 OE-A first. Then use this patch to turn it into 3.03 OE-A'.

Great thanks my psp has just been revived again yesterday(I have been playin my ds all day long)

Thanks DAX previously was POPS now Compressed POPS Iso and after I was about to to touch my DS a new patch is up U R GOD!!!

HA HA! Yeah, my poor DS lite. Got some new games for Christmas and everything but I have not been able to touch the thing with all of the great releases in the PSP homebrew scene.

blackrave
January 7th, 2007, 05:28
What a great update! I'll install it right away.
Awesome work, Dark_AleX.

MicroNut
January 7th, 2007, 05:36
The update appeared to work for me.
However, just to make sure I am seeing what I am supposed too
Under system information the Firmware Version will be displayed as 3.03 OE-A'
(Because this is what I see)
Not 3.03OE-A2 which is the name of the update.

blackrave
January 7th, 2007, 05:42
The update appeared to work for me.
However, just to make sure I am seeing what I am supposed too
Under system information the Firmware Version will be displayed as 3.03 OE-A'
(Because this is what I see)
Not 3.03OE-A2 which is the name of the update.

That's right. A' means the same as A2. I think ' is particularly used much in mathematics when mirroring figures and such.
Anyway, it's completely fine!

porchemasi
January 7th, 2007, 06:02
Zoot Works

MicroNut
January 7th, 2007, 06:05
That's right. A' means the same as A2. I think ' is particularly used much in mathematics when mirroring figures and such.
Anyway, it's completely fine!

Sweet!

And Thank You Dark_AleX!

DarthPaul
January 7th, 2007, 06:15
Dark_AleX!! Thanks once more!

Nikolaos
January 7th, 2007, 06:18
DAX! you have super human powers! wait what am i saying, your god! we shall start a new religion called Teh DAXIA and make some new commandments! open a church! woot woot! dax tnx for update.

Basil Zero
January 7th, 2007, 06:32
nice release, good work dax

Malksta
January 7th, 2007, 06:44
Such a shame, FFVIII still freezes, Gosh Darnit :(

theaceoffire
January 7th, 2007, 07:26
Such a shame, FFVIII still freezes, Gosh Darnit :(

O.O really now?

FFVIII plays fine, full speed for me, it is FFVII that crashes.

^_^;;; Sounds like a bad image or something?

vegetano1
January 7th, 2007, 08:13
Thx Dark Alex where ever you are!!

Only for umd/iso does that mean also for the psx emulator??

:)

Veskgar
January 7th, 2007, 08:25
Only for umd/iso does that mean also for the psx emulator??

Its been said that the built in PSX EMU overclocks only when necessary when running PSX EBOOTs. In recovery menu, make sure CPU clock is set to default.

So i can savely set the clock to 333 and play PSXPSP games cause the emu will control the speed?

Yeah, that sounds right. If I'm NOT overclocking I keep it at default just in case setting it at 222MHz locks it to that speed and slows down PSX emulation. But if you prefer to keep it at 333MHz, that will not create a problem.

vegetano1
January 7th, 2007, 08:32
Its been said that the built in PSX EMU overclocks only when necessary when running PSX EBOOTs. In recovery menu, make sure CPU clock is set to default.

So i can savely set the clock to 333 and play PSXPSP games cause the emu will control the speed?

Well ehh right now i am playing psxpsp game Driver 2 and nothing wrong.(What could happen)

I had some slow down's in this game before so maybe if the cllock speed stays at 333 in the emulator this wil be prevented.

Broadus
January 7th, 2007, 09:38
Sweet! Finally, changeable clockspeed!

ish420ism
January 7th, 2007, 10:01
If DA has time to write code and read fan mail..This dude is F-N crazy..THANX DA.. change of topic.. PSP wouldn't be much fun without homebrew

meanguns
January 7th, 2007, 10:18
You guys want the games to stop freezing on you use 3.02 OEB...... If you use 3.03 dont use compression it only causes more problems than it solves not all games like the compression so try that. Most games work compressed but some are fickle... Don't compress them. As far as the location free player there is not enough room on the flash for it. If you want it then you can upgrade a regular PSP with the Sony EBOOT of course you lose all emulation and iso capabilities and most likely won't be able to downgrade but, if you have the money for a second PSP then this might be your only hope. besides I buy all my UMD's and convert them myself and have a 3.03 regular unit as well as my 3.02 OE-B unit. The only reason I use ISO's or CSO's is the speed advantage God the UMD load tmes are rediculous...........

needo
January 7th, 2007, 10:50
O.O really now?

FFVIII plays fine, full speed for me, it is FFVII that crashes.

^_^;;; Sounds like a bad image or something?

FFVII works great for me. I dont have FFVIII though.

needo
January 7th, 2007, 10:53

That problem isnt up to Dark_Alex to fix. Its up to Sony. Sony wrote the PS1 emulator we are using not Dark_Alex. And as we are running games not specifically made to run with the PS1 emulator the answer is to not hold your breath.

Most games work flawlessly, unfortunately Resident Evil 2 is not one of them.

Gold Line
January 7th, 2007, 11:17
x-flash dose not work with 3.03 OE-A2

Keitaro Urashima
January 7th, 2007, 11:34
Great job, man.^^

Veskgar
January 7th, 2007, 11:48
That problem isnt up to Dark_Alex to fix. Its up to Sony. Sony wrote the PS1 emulator we are using not Dark_Alex.

That is true but I think a lot of people don't realize it. It seems like SONY will likely end up adding to and upgrading their built in PSX emu with future firmware updates.

The big question will it be fairly easy to just apply the PSX part of the firmware to future 3.03 OE updates or will a new custom firmware be needed every time SONY releases one.

scottyboynow
January 7th, 2007, 13:00
Dark Alex is on fire!!!

I'm sure Art will release a new X-flash.

bullhead
January 7th, 2007, 14:08
Dark Alex is on fire!!!

I'm sure Art will release a new X-flash.

I love how the coders keep pushing eachother on. They sure keep eachother busy!

bull, :)

Shrygue
January 7th, 2007, 14:44
Yes, finally it's possible to run UMD games at full speed! Thanks Dark_Alex!

luxoflux
January 7th, 2007, 15:08
wow, moh heroes plays soo smooth now. I love it. What a beautiful piece of firmware. :thumbup:

Baboon
January 7th, 2007, 15:16
Another fantastic update, thank you soo much for this. :)

This has been an amazing start to 2007! ...lets hope things stay at this pace with loadsa new goodies for our PSP's?

Next on my wishlist would be Mixe DX'x wifi version of NJ's emulators, a fix for the port of Duke nukem and an update on the N64 emu. :)

Vega
January 7th, 2007, 15:41
Nice work Dark Alex, yeha.

anurag
January 7th, 2007, 15:58
what about noumd compatibility?
i want to stay with 2.71se-c because of dameged umd drive.

skamikaze01
January 7th, 2007, 16:01
i'm just trying this all out, all i want to do is to be able to play ff3(us) on my psp. what do i need for this? please help. send emails to [email protected]

Vega
January 7th, 2007, 16:31
Just updated, no problems what so ever. Great work Dark_Alex .

duckbite
January 7th, 2007, 16:48
How do i change the cpu speed for example in MOH? ( forgive me i am a beginner )
Great work btw! thanks...

Vega
January 7th, 2007, 16:58
How do i change the cpu speed for example in MOH? ( forgive me i am a beginner )
Great work btw! thanks...

Hold in the R trigger while booting up your PSP, you will see an option for changing clock speed.

mnuhaily22
January 7th, 2007, 17:02
Success!!!

pt9087
January 7th, 2007, 17:03
WoW. These are coming in fast. TY DA

mogwaimon
January 7th, 2007, 17:26
I've actually noticed differences between FF7 on 3.02 OE-B and 3.03 OE-A and A'... When I ran it on OE-B, the battle splash screen would always display when you hit a random battle, and when selecting an enemy in battle, there was a tiny square window in the lower left hand corner of the screen with a portion of the enemy you were targetting in it that isn't there on the PS1 version.

After I updated, the battle splash screen no longer displays, the aforementioned square box is still there, but it flickers so you can barely see it, and the game sometimes seems to 'hang' for a second or two when transitioning to another area. However, one or two of those issues may have been because I purchased a new 2 gigabyte memory card, and have been using that since. For the record, my old 1 gig was a Sandisk RapidGX, and the new 2 gig is a standard Sony Pro Duo...

Thekinglotr
January 7th, 2007, 17:47
[QUOTE=Veskgar;321697]Yes. I was also a 1.50 afraid to upgrade until Christmas when 3.02 OE-B came out. All your homebrew will still work. Make sure you upgrade to 3.03 OE-A first. Then use this patch to turn it into 3.03 OE-A'.[QUOTE=Veskgar;321697]

So is that the official sony update? or can you point out to me where to find what I need?

Edit: lol screwed up the quotes.

homemade
January 7th, 2007, 18:07
It always worked full speed 4 me i just switch 2 1.50 kernel

psp fan
January 7th, 2007, 19:38
YES!!!!!!!!! i will finally update from 3.02 oe-b!!!!! yesss! overclocking is the best! w00t!

Veskgar
January 7th, 2007, 19:43
[QUOTE=Veskgar;321697]Yes. I was also a 1.50 afraid to upgrade until Christmas when 3.02 OE-B came out. All your homebrew will still work. Make sure you upgrade to 3.03 OE-A first. Then use this patch to turn it into 3.03 OE-A'.[QUOTE=Veskgar;321697]

So is that the official sony update? or can you point out to me where to find what I need?

NOOOOOO! You NEVER want to upgrade with SONY updates or kiss homebrew goodbye.

What you want to do is upgrade to Dark_AleX's custom firmware 3.03 OE-A and THEN use this patch to change to 3.03 OE-A.

Upgrading to 3.03 OE-A is really easy. Get the package from www.Dark-AleX.org or even here on DCEMU and follow the readme very carefully. Its not that hard.

prophecy
January 7th, 2007, 19:54
i no this isnt the right thread but i was hoping someone would help anyway...

i tryied to install cintro to my psp 3.03oe ta-082 and now i belive it is bricked. i could recover it but i cant get into the recovery menu or connect it to the computer PLZ HELP!!!!

mogwaimon
January 7th, 2007, 19:59
I tried using 1.50 kernel with FF7 and neither of the issues mentioned were resolved...I'm gonna experiment and load the ISO onto my 1gig card and try again, see if it's indeed the memory card or a result of the firmware update..

Kvonx
January 7th, 2007, 20:21
i just finished re3.........using my computer to get past the freeze...........thank god i am done!!!!! for help in getting pass the crashes GO TO PAGE 4.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

midaks
January 7th, 2007, 21:26
- Added cpu clock selection for umd/iso games. (not for vsh yet)

wat does vsh mean??:confused:

wolfpack
January 7th, 2007, 21:29
this is good, now its time to go kick some alien ass on quake 2!

CaptainMorgan4
January 7th, 2007, 21:37
What button do you hit to turn the 1.5 kernal on for the emulators?

SkatesBest
January 7th, 2007, 23:43
when you turn your psp on hold R trigger..and then configuration..then goto the homebrew folder and switch it to 1.5..then exit.

madcat1990
January 8th, 2007, 04:38
Working with me! :D

Can't wait for X-Flash Update xD

kieso
January 8th, 2007, 10:21
Does anyone know if the 3.03oe-a does a clean wipe of the flash0 on installation? I just wondered because i'm stil at 3.02oe-b and it took me a while but I got rid of some other options & brought back in the location free module because I use it sometimes. I went through alot of work & praying of no bricks to do this and I just don't want to go through the hassle again if I were to update.

bandit
January 8th, 2007, 12:55
If you're talking about 3.03OE-A, I believe it rewrites the files. 3.03OE-A' or A2, it only rewrites like 1-2 files.

tb303
January 8th, 2007, 13:14
Hey guys,

From the minute i updated to 3.03 OE-A' i dont seem able to play ANY PS1 psx (popstation) games!!!!

The message i am getting when running PS1 games is:
The game could not be started.
(80010002)

I upgraded from 1.5 to 3.02 OE-A and then immediately to 3.02 OE-B and i could play PS1 games.
The next day I succesfully upgraded to 3.03 OE-A, however I did not test any PS1 games at that time. Only PSP isos that worked fine. During the same day I upgraded immediately to 3.03 OE-A' and sadly i cannot run ANY PS1 games. PSP isos are still fine though.
Any ideas of what i need to do to run those PS1 games again please?

Thanx in Advance.

Tio

mickey61
January 8th, 2007, 14:27
works great thanks dark alex

gr42178
January 8th, 2007, 15:34
I've actually noticed differences between FF7 on 3.02 OE-B and 3.03 OE-A and A'... When I ran it on OE-B, the battle splash screen would always display when you hit a random battle, and when selecting an enemy in battle, there was a tiny square window in the lower left hand corner of the screen with a portion of the enemy you were targetting in it that isn't there on the PS1 version.

After I updated, the battle splash screen no longer displays, the aforementioned square box is still there, but it flickers so you can barely see it, and the game sometimes seems to 'hang' for a second or two when transitioning to another area. However, one or two of those issues may have been because I purchased a new 2 gigabyte memory card, and have been using that since. For the record, my old 1 gig was a Sandisk RapidGX, and the new 2 gig is a standard Sony Pro Duo...

Yes I am having that problem too. Workded fine in the previous version. People are saying that its Sony's actual emulator that is causing this.

fucht017
January 8th, 2007, 15:39
What a exeptional few weeks this have been...What a joy our psp is...Wonder what this year brings:thumbup: ...by the way....I compressed Vagrant Story from 700 somewhat MB to 120MB..This is so f#$% great.:D

RomComZom
January 8th, 2007, 16:04
Hey guys,

From the minute i updated to 3.03 OE-A' i dont seem able to play ANY PS1 psx (popstation) games!!!!

The message i am getting when running PS1 games is:
The game could not be started.
(80010002)

I upgraded from 1.5 to 3.02 OE-A and then immediately to 3.02 OE-B and i could play PS1 games.
The next day I succesfully upgraded to 3.03 OE-A, however I did not test any PS1 games at that time. Only PSP isos that worked fine. During the same day I upgraded immediately to 3.03 OE-A' and sadly i cannot run ANY PS1 games. PSP isos are still fine though.
Any ideas of what i need to do to run those PS1 games again please?

Thanx in Advance.

Tio

I believe its because of the new compression option and you might have to recompress you psx games.

tb303
January 8th, 2007, 16:04
any workaround this?
any way to downgrade to 3.03 OE-A? if that version is working that is.........
or should we go back to 3.02 OE-B and skip the compression thingie?
is there a way?

RomComZom
January 8th, 2007, 16:13
tb303: you could re-install 3.02OE-A, but 3.03OE-A with the new compression you could fit more psx games on mem stick. try this POPstation Frontend (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/980)